http://gamingtrend.com
December 23, 2014, 04:06:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How normal are the 360 unreadable disk errors?  (Read 681 times)
Americanidle
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2006, 08:52:12 AM »

I had one earlier today after about 2 hours of Burnout and then another a little bit ago after an hour of Burnout. I'm not playing any other retail games to test out anything else at this point but the Burnout DVD looks fine. I got my 360 in February so it's not one of the original "buggy" units. I also bought the extended warranty so i'm not worried about anything with that. I'm just wondering if these types of errors are being experienced by a good number of you or if it's a sign that I will be shipping mine in to MS soon.
Also on that topic, I assume if you send one in for repair, that you can just login and retrieve your profile on the new unit? You don't lose anything there correct?
disarm
Gaming Trend Senior Member

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 11:34:15 AM »

for what it's worth, i have yet to see a disc error in the three months i've owned my 360, and i could count the lockups on one hand.  mine's been damn near perfect so far, and it's one of the original units (built on 11/6).  it shouldn't be an issue with Burnout either unless you happened to get a faulty disc.  i've logged a ridiculous number of hours in that game already without a single fault...fantastic game Cool

if you do send your unit to MS, you will be able to retrieve your profile...but you'll lose any stored game data/saves that are on the HD if it's sent with the rest of the system.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 01:45:52 PM »

I've had a DDE on a less than one -week old 360, while playing Oblivion...and talking to Lockdown.  Must be his fault. slywink
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 02:03:02 PM »

Never seen one on mine, but have seen discs give people trouble at the store.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 02:37:38 PM »

I have only ever had them in Oblivion.  I had 2 in one night and then I had one last night.  Never had them on any other game and I have had my 360 for months.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 03:17:25 PM »

never for me

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 03:25:12 PM »

If you saw the thread I started yesterday on this, you know I am too.

Tells me to clean the disk. Only had errors in Oblivion and Burnout, but those are the only games I have played for hours at once sitting too.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: