http://gamingtrend.com
July 22, 2014, 03:29:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Much Would You Pay...?  (Read 1401 times)
Scuba-V
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2004, 09:34:35 PM »

...for a device that would erase a specific part of your memory, so you could play your favorite games again for the "first" time.  This could also be used for movies and books etc.  Kind of like what I think Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is about (though I haven't seen it).

Who reads these anyway?
dbt1949
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 09:46:31 PM »

It's called "Alzheimers".

Ye Olde Farte
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 09:50:30 PM »

Quote from: "dbt1949"

i don't know who wrote this:
"the nicest thing about alzheimers is you get to meet new people every day"

no offense intended to those with the disease or those who have afflicted relatives.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Hipolito
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 11:04:50 PM »

I suppose I'd pay a hundred or two for such a device so I can be marveled by Planescape: Torment (how fitting!) and Starflight 2 all over again.  And to erase memories of spoilers I've read on this net we call Inter.

It would be cheaper and safer to simply enjoy other games, but too few of them are as good.  So whether it takes a special device or a good, hard punch in the face, sign me up.
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2004, 11:12:31 PM »

Oh there's been something like that on the market for ages... just head downtown in your local urban center... look for a shady guy on a street corner and ask him for a quarter.

Viola!  You won't ever remember what you played the night before, let alone a few years ago. slywink

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
jonsauce
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2004, 12:38:12 AM »

Kind of like what I think Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is about (though I haven't seen it).

Go watch it then!  I've watched it 3 times with people who are seeing it for the first time and they have all liked it alot so far.  I've enjoyed it all 3 times.

Now Playing
--------------
NHL 09
NFL Head Coach 09
Red Faction Guerilla
Rockband 2
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2004, 02:19:36 AM »

I'd pay at least a few hundred, more if I could afford it. Could forget about "The Ex" once and for all, too.  :wink:

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Balshazaar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2004, 04:53:46 AM »

Quote from: "corruptrelic"
Could forget about "The Ex" once and for all, too.  :wink:

Amen, brother.

raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2004, 01:32:57 PM »

I wouldn't want to do it. If the only thing it erased was my memory of playing a favorite game then it would go something like this:

"Yes, I'd like you to erase the memory of me playing Planetfall. That was a great game and I'd like to enjoy it again!"

Several hours later. "Hey, what's this planetfall icon on my computer? Lets try it out."

"HOLY CRAP! Its all text! OMG! Who the hell plays this!??! Who's the joker that put this on my computer?!"

No thanks. I'd rather keep the memories in their current blissful hazy state smile.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2004, 07:38:18 PM »

Quote from: "corruptrelic"
I'd pay at least a few hundred, more if I could afford it. Could forget about "The Ex" once and for all, too.  :wink:

Uhm, that would be bad. It means you've unlearned the lesson that she taught you. (never share a bed with anyone crazier than you are).

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2004, 04:09:34 AM »

I wouldn't pay anything for a device like that.  I WOULD pay beaucoup dollars for a device that would let me plug in someone else's memory of the first time they..uh, played a game, yeah played a game.
Crux
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2004, 04:32:08 PM »

Quote from: "Caine"
Quote from: "dbt1949"

i don't know who wrote this:
"the nicest thing about alzheimers is you get to meet new people every day"

no offense intended to those with the disease or those who have afflicted relatives.

My grandmother has alzheimers you fricking wanker!

Just kidding. She really does have it, but I'm not mad biggrin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: