http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 12:43:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: How Many Games Have You Played to Completion in 2006?
0 - 0 (0%)
1-3 - 4 (30.8%)
4-6 - 3 (23.1%)
7-9 - 1 (7.7%)
10-12 - 2 (15.4%)
13-15 - 2 (15.4%)
16-18 - 0 (0%)
18+ - 1 (7.7%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How Many Games Have You Finished This Year?  (Read 1005 times)
ATB
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2006, 03:04:13 PM »

I know there's a horribly neglected sticky thread about this (which I and a few other faithfully keep updated), but as we enter deeper into the 10th month of the year, I'm curious as to how productive everyone's year has been from a finishing a game perspective.

I guess the criteria is as follows:

You played the game all the way through to the end or you've played a never ending game (brain training, sports titles,WoW) enough that you are 'finished' with it having gotten good value for your $ on it.

I've actually completed 11 full games with another 4 that I would say fall into the second category.

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 03:12:57 PM »

I keep my post updated on that sticky; it's a great motivator for me to keep working on my backlog (what I haven't traded in, that is!).   icon_biggrin

I've actually finished 12 games this year, and played roughly that many (though I haven't kept track) through to "completion" by my standard of putting in a good 20+ hours on a game that's either never-ending or is multiplayer focused.  Games like Chromehounds (which I got for multiplayer, not single-player), Burnout Revenge (which is nearly impossible to "complete" the traditional way, and again, I got that for multi-player mostly), Civilization 4 (you can't really "beat" a Civ game) and such.

It's been a record year for me in actually playing through stuff rather than acquiring too much and letting it all languish.   icon_biggrin

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 03:16:15 PM »

ummmm... well...... 7?  I really need to start finishing games that I buy, I've got at least 10 sitting around with various states of completion.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 03:49:23 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 03:29:33 PM »

In the true sense of the word I have only "finished' 3 games this year.

The Outfit
Call of Duty 2
Dawn of War (pre expansion)

There are about 10-15 games across all platforms that just need a big finishing push, but I will never get around to them. I have so many unfinished games in my backlog it is rediculous.  I really need to join gamefly or something.  Then I could just return them for something else intead of holding onto them with little chance of ever going back.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 03:31:50 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 03:57:57 PM »

Wow, totally forgot that I finished Perfect Dark Zero (looking at thread).  Man, the last few levels of that were hell.  Talk about frustrating.  And 24: The Game, no matter what anyone says, was enjoyable and totally worth it for a 24 fan!

It's so hard remembering what you played for whatever year :/  I would say those 4...and technically Animal Crossing.

TheMissingLink on PSN
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 06:22:49 PM »

I've finished 14, and hopefully will finish about another half dozen before the end of the year.  Of course, I've started about 4 times that many, so I guess I'm not doing too well slywink

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 02:10:40 AM »

I can only think of 3 games I have finished and a couple MMOs that I'm done with, although my memory is not that good on such issues. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Qbe

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 02:19:34 AM »

Just one for me: Final Fantasy on the GBA.  I don't expect to finish any others this year.

But it's better than last year, when I didn't finish any games at all.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 02:20:39 AM »

i really haven't finished many games this year, but that's mainly because i've been playing games that either don't have an end or have a ridiculous amount of stuff to do.  my short list...

Ninja Gaiden:Black
Jade Empire
Kameo
Perfect Dark:Zero
Half-Life 2: Episode One

i've put in a ton of gaming time though, most of which has been taken up with games that i'm still working on. 
my 'works in progress' list...

Oblivion
PGR3
Burnout:Revenge
NFS:Most Wanted
Enchanted Arms
GRAW
Titan Quest

as you can imagine, a few of those games could easily keep a guy occupied for the rest of the year, and there are more great releases on the horizon...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 03:17:26 AM »

Wow, I didn't finish much this year.  DQVIII and Lego Star Wars are the only two so far.  I'm slowly working on Enchanted Arms right now, so hopefully I can make it to three by year's end.

I put a chunk of time into Oblivion and Titan Quest, but didn't finish.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 04:47:37 AM »

23 total myself. If I can burn off Black and now Just Cause then there are 24 and 25. Add to those several more in my backlog and I'm hoping to just get north of 25 by the end of the year. There's something to be said for focusing on just your backlog instead of buying everything in sight and just playing a little bit before moving on. I kinda like this new me. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 05:09:57 AM »

Uhhh.... ...what?

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 05:57:10 AM »

i've finished the story mode of lego star wars 2,have yet to go back and complete everything....call of duty 2..that may of been december though(just realised i have 24 360 games and them two are the only ones i have finished)

oh,and playing through kingdom hearts 1 right now...put that down,because i WILL finish it this time

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: