http://gamingtrend.com
September 23, 2014, 04:32:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How I got me a PSP!  (Read 5335 times)
rrmorton
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2005, 04:45:28 AM »

My Dad was a salesman so I have this deep-rooted Consumer Crusader alter-ego. This stuff just pushes my buttons.  biggrin
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2005, 05:15:13 AM »

Eh, don't let it, rrmorton. Just be sure to enjoy your PSP, since that's what it's all about in the end, anyways.

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2005, 06:17:56 AM »

Quote from: "rrmorton"
So who else thinks I got ass raped? Step right up and let me know!

I think you dumped stuff that you weren't going to use and got a brand new PSP for it.  That stuff sitting around collecting dust doesn't net you any cash.

You said yourself you could have made more selling it on eBay.  But you would have no PSP to marvel at tonight!  Opportunity cost is my best friend.  Well, at least it eases my conscience. :lol:

It's not like you were going to wake up with the urge to play Duke Nukem 64 tomorrow.  And if you do just play Lumines and tell that voice to shut the hell up.

I don't know what's wrong with some of you giving him a hard time over this.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2005, 12:37:29 PM »

I think you dumped stuff that you weren't going to use and got a brand new PSP for it. That stuff sitting around collecting dust doesn't net you any cash.

Exactly. All the people saying he got ripped off or should have gone to Ebay...well he wouldn't have a PSP right now if he went the Ebay route.

I don't know about him but I HATE the hassle of Ebay. I always just go down to EB/Gamestop and trade in my stuff. Much easier and no hassle. Do I get a little less than going the Ebay route, sure, but I don't have the time or the patience to deal with Ebay at this stage in my life. When I didn't have a job/family, I had no problems with using Ebay, but my life is a ton more complex now and I don't have the time to deal with the jerkoffs on Ebay.

Congrats, rrmorton! Enjoy your new PSP!

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2005, 01:22:54 PM »

I say more power to you! You got what you wanted and when you wanted it, AND you cleaned house, so not only did you get a nifty little gadget, which I still can't justify but I look at trade in deals daily to find something, but you made space in your home and in an odd side effect I am certain your wife is happy that you cleared out the clutter; Or space for more homeless games, which will make you happier in the long run :-) So I'd say you're up like 4 or 5 cool points by now regardless of how much you got for trade ins.

Remember people, there many more homeless games out there than there are homes for them, please spay and neuter your consoles... Tongue

Oh and congrats Rob, getting fun toys is allways a good thing.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2005, 01:52:58 PM »

Does this thread make anyone else think about the good old days of Ebay?

Guess we all should've known it wasn't going to last.

I still remember when you could sell guns on there, for cryin out loud  :!:

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2005, 06:15:14 PM »

Way to go Rob. Keep talking good about the PSP and maybe you can convince my brother to get one.  :wink:

Just as a side note, if anyone is trading in games they might want to try Blockbuster (at least for games for the newer consoles). In general, they give more money than an EB or Gamestop and right now they have a deal where you trade in 3 or more games and get an extra $5 for each one. Add to that deal the fact that Blockbuster almost always has the "buy 2 used games get 1 free deal" and you can really get some good stuff (they usually have newer used games for sale relatively soon). On Thursday, I traded in 4 games and one DVD for more than enough money to get a new copy of God of War from them.  I'm not sure whether you can get cash or if the trade in is only for store credit, though.
Afrolex
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2005, 07:33:55 PM »

I wanted a PSP but didn't want to shell out the bucks for one.  I went in my closet and pulled out games and movies that I didn't need/want anymore.

I went to Blockbuster (Game Rush) and traded 40 movies and 6 older games.  It paid for my PSP and I still had $20 credit left.  

The PSP is an amazing device and it was definitely worth trading for.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2005, 08:15:43 PM »

^ I like this man.

TheMissingLink on PSN
stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2005, 08:22:27 PM »

O.k., I'm intrigued at the idea of trading in old games and systems to possibly get a PSP. I have a couple of original Nintendo systems with a bunch of games. I have a N64 with a couple of games. I have a PS1 with a couple of games. I have a Genesis w/the cd add-on and a bunch of games. I have a Dreamcast with a couple of games. I have acouple of Super Nintendos with some games. I have some assorted joysticks, controllers and the mouse and tablet for the Nintendo. What is my best option to trade this stuff in and get the most money?
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2005, 08:43:56 PM »

Quote from: " namretaw"
I wanted a PSP but didn't want to shell out the bucks for one.  I went in my closet and pulled out games and movies that I didn't need/want anymore.

I went to Blockbuster (Game Rush) and traded 40 movies and 6 older games.  It paid for my PSP and I still had $20 credit left.  

Gamerush is, imo, the best B&M trading spot there is.  I traded in four or five recent GCN and PS2 titles and got something like $189 after all their trade-in deals and offers, which is just a flat-out amazing return rate that even rivals selling on forums/eBay.  Plus they were 100% friendly and happy to accept everything... Gamerush is a great place.  At least, in my experience.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2005, 08:56:24 PM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"

Gamerush is, imo, the best B&M trading spot there is.  I traded in four or five recent GCN and PS2 titles and got something like $189 after all their trade-in deals and offers, which is just a flat-out amazing return rate that even rivals selling on forums/eBay.  Plus they were 100% friendly and happy to accept everything... Gamerush is a great place.  At least, in my experience.

There isnt one withine like 75 miles of me unfortunately frown The best place for game trades that I have found is Gamecrazy, hollywoods joint. I need to see if they have any PSP's left actually. BTW, Chris please tell me the package arrived.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2005, 09:13:44 PM »

Quote from: "Rage"
Quote from: "Raven VII"
Wow... that's one of the most idiotic moves I've ever seen anyone make...

That was a totally asshole response to a guy excited about his new toy. Here we are ( or I am) always saying that we are the less judgemental, cooler group,  and we chase one of the coolest posters away? That has, in my words, no style.

Well, in Raven's defense, he can't help it Cool

I swear, that's untouched straight from Penny Arcade.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2005, 09:20:21 PM »

Quote from: "Laner"

That was a totally asshole response to a guy excited about his new toy. Here we are ( or I am) always saying that we are the less judgemental, cooler group,  and we chase one of the coolest posters away? That has, in my words, no style.

That is fucking awesome. its not just awesome, its fucking awesome. Saying fuck with awesome makes me cool, like that Raven guy. Fucking a.
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2005, 09:27:42 PM »

biggrin  biggrin
depward

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2005, 10:22:19 PM »

Quote from: "-Lord Ebonstone-"

Holy crap.  I want a Game Rush around here!  I get pennies in the bank for trade-ins at wherever I go   frown

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2005, 10:23:28 PM »

Quote from: "Laner"

That is fucking awesome. its not just awesome, its fucking awesome. Saying fuck with awesome makes me cool, like that Raven guy. Fucking a.

It's true, it's true!
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2005, 11:37:27 PM »

lol Rave seriously thats legit? he didnt add in the "Raven" bit - it came straight from penny arcade?  its funny with anyones name in it but hilarious if they really threw that up there cause its real smile
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2005, 12:29:39 AM »

Quote from: "Doopri1"
lol Rave seriously thats legit? he didnt add in the "Raven" bit - it came straight from penny arcade?  its funny with anyones name in it but hilarious if they really threw that up there cause its real smile

I know, I've seen that comic a while ago. You guys aren't the first to link my name and that comic biggrin
Raintitan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2005, 12:53:49 AM »

Don't let anyone kid you.

You WILL be able to get all kinds of oldies and classic games for next to nothing and very easily down the road.

Look at the Atari and Intellivision toys for $10-20 that let you plug into your tv and play. That, and the emulation scene ensures that you won't need to keep stuff around the house (cable hell, anyway). However, if you enjoy the hardware itself...that is a different story. Me, it's all about the gameplay :-)

Good for you. Regardless of what they gave you, if you weren't playing them they didn't have value to you anyhow.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2005, 01:39:03 AM »

Ok, this has gone on long enough.  Be happy the guy got a deal he can feel comfortable with and be happy for him.  Ease down the language and the personal attacks. smile  Thanks

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2005, 04:38:49 AM »

Quote from: "Doopri1"

I know, I've seen that comic a while ago. You guys aren't the first to link my name and that comic biggrin

The funny thing is, I didn't even realize the guy's name was Raven - I just remembered the elitist Mac owner thing... smile
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2005, 04:40:43 AM »

Ouch, I`m glad I was too busy to read this until now... :roll: Dude, just do what makes you happy and let everyone else worry about it. :wink:
depward

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 28, 2005, 08:31:56 PM »

Just thought I'd chirp in -

After not owning a handheld system ever since the original Gameboy . . . I caved and bought a PSP today along with Lumines and Wipeout.  And boy is it really impressive.  I'm so glad I got it.  I'm pixel-free for the moment too, which I'm so glad about.

Your post, rrmorton, gave me HOPE to trade in some games and get some good credit.  I traded in several PS2 games that I wasn't going to play ever again and got a pretty good deal of credit which helped my wallet.

Hooray!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 28, 2005, 09:37:06 PM »

YAY!!! I deem this purchase by Depward...not the best, but almost.

It is....SEX!
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2005, 03:34:44 AM »

Allright, I did it too. I traded in about 6 old ps1 games, and a few other things too. I was able to keep my GBA however, which was definatly what I wanted. I traded in four dreamcast games for about $4 a piece. Not a great deal, but I dont play those ones anyways. I also unloaded fable for $15, monkey ball for $12 and godzilla for $12. Not too bad. 3 gba games for $15 or so. I ended up paying $200 in cash for it as well, because I got two games.

Wipeout- great game. Ive only played this one so far. Its really fun and well worth the money.

Untold legends- havnt played it yet!

But anyways, it was well worth the money for it. The games are awsome and I definatly love nearly everything about it. Most of my fears have been done away with. The only thing that really pisses me off is the stupid easy to fingerprint thing. The thing looks crappy and dirty after just a second or two! Anyways, other then that im loving it. I like how Sony included headphones and stuff. I cant even plug regular headphones into my GBA sp, but not only can I plug regular headphones into the psp, they are provided! Great system, well worth the money, despite my initial thoughts.
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2005, 06:11:39 PM »

Awesome, Chris! Isn't it a sexy little piece of hardware? I'm so happy with it. But yeah, you gotta keep your fingers on the edges or it gets smudged up real fast. At least they included a little shammy to wipe it with.

After watching Gamespot's video reviews of the highest rated PSP games, I'm getting pretty tempted to purchase Wipeout.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: