http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 07:12:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How hard does Resistance : FoM get?  (Read 326 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2009, 06:34:13 AM »

I've been playing the first Resistance, and I'm finding the difficulty to be way too high even on Normal.  I'm not that great at FPS games, but I find Normal in this game to be harder than most other FPS games on Hard.  I'm only about 1/3 of the way through and encounters are taking several tries, and with checkpoints being so far apart, I'm not having much fun.  Does it get much harder?  Should I push on, or just give up and restart on easy?

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 07:17:39 AM »

It's not really hard, it's just... cheap. Resistance is poorly balanced with its health system and with enemies that can fire through walls, so some parts can feel much harder than I think they were intended to be. I got through it on Normal, but some parts were frustrating.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 08:07:36 AM »

It stays somewhat hard...

I had a muuuch easier time on normal when I played co-op. If you're not enjoying yourself (the game gets better the further on you get), I would suggest restarting on easy biggrin

TheMissingLink on PSN
meeeeeeoooooow on XBL
3952-7039-1345 on 3DS
addybojangles on GameCenter
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 03:40:26 PM »

Have you gotten to the "twist" yet? I thought that before that point (although I think it is like the 2nd or 3rd mission) it was a lot harder. There were choke points later on, but nothing too horrible. It was definitely harder than R2, especially the bosses. Also, I found it really hard to shoot down the sights because of the controls, so I pretty much never did. I think it is made for shooting from the hip, though, so that is not a big deal.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: