http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 02:39:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How bad is Devil May Cry 2 really?  (Read 731 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2007, 06:22:08 PM »

I'm planning on buying DMC 1 and 3 and skipping DMC 2 because I've heard it's not too great.  But buying the $30 5th anniversary set is cheaper than buying just 1 and 3.  So, if I do that, do I:

1. Throw away/eBay DMC 2 or
2. Play it

From what I understand, part 3 is a prequel, so it doesn't seem that not having played 2 would cause any problems understanding the story.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 06:28:45 PM by Teggy » Logged

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
KePoW

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 08:31:10 PM »

definitely ebay it, not worth playing at all with the gems that DMC1 and DMC3 are
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 08:38:10 PM »

It's really bad.

So bad, I'd recommend not playing it at all and somehow ebaying or just toss it.

Here's a short list:

No story.  DMC1 at least had a small story, but DMC2 makes DMC1's story look like Charles Dickens in comparison.  The DMC2 story is a few nonsensical one liners between characters that pose around.  I wish I was exhaggerating here, but that's actually all it was.  There's this one point in the game where Dante first meets the big bad guy in what could have been a great massive confrontation, instead, Dante just spouts one line that's supposed to sound cool, and in non sequiter, the villian just says, "No, I guess not."  Then he summons some random demon for you to fight and disapears.

The combat was way too easy.  DMC1 was difficult, yes, but going to easy helped if you couldn't handle it.  In DMC2, the normal mode was easier than DMC1s easy mode.  There was no need to do all those fancy moves they gave you since all you had to do to win was simple attacks.

So the combination of gameplay that was a pushover, and a lack of a plot to hold your interest means there's no reason to play it at all.
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 08:46:20 PM »

This reminds me, I need to go back to DMC1, I got sidetracked.  I think I want a previous save though, with Easy Mode off, man it was stupid when I switched to easy mode.

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: