http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 12:53:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How are you feeling about your pre-orders now?  (Read 11305 times)
Jumangi
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: October 05, 2013, 03:13:10 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on October 05, 2013, 12:13:10 PM

Who says the controls have to be touch screen only? Microsoft could release a $30 Bluetooth controller. Problem solved.

If that does happen it sure as hell won't be $30...accessories are for phat profit margins.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 05, 2013, 03:32:30 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on October 05, 2013, 02:32:19 AM

I can't believe we've entered an era when "focusing on games" is actually a bad thing now.  Haven't we been criticizing consoles for not doing this for at least the past 7 years?

Find me a person who *doesn't* like the fact that their PS3 or Xbox 360 streams Netflix.

*Raises hand*  I couldn't care less about watching TV or movies.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: October 05, 2013, 04:00:53 PM »

Quote from: Jumangi on October 05, 2013, 03:13:10 PM

Who says the controls have to be touch screen only? Microsoft could release a $30 Bluetooth controller. Problem solved.

If that does happen it sure as hell won't be $30...accessories are for phat profit margins.

Also, it'll "fracture the user base". *snicker*
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #363 on: October 05, 2013, 06:51:48 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on October 05, 2013, 04:00:53 PM

Roll Eyes

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #364 on: October 05, 2013, 07:11:33 PM »

Quote from: Purge on October 05, 2013, 06:51:48 PM

Roll Eyes

Ah yes, a perfect mirror of my reaction when we were on the opposite sides of the fence.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 05, 2013, 07:17:00 PM »

the fence fractures the user base!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #366 on: October 06, 2013, 03:13:20 AM »

Quote from: TiLT on October 05, 2013, 07:11:33 PM

Quote from: Purge on October 05, 2013, 06:51:48 PM

Roll Eyes

Ah yes, a perfect mirror of my reaction when we were on the opposite sides of the fence.

Yes, but I had a point. You're just taking cheap shots.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #367 on: October 07, 2013, 07:56:17 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on September 30, 2013, 11:01:08 PM

Quote from: coopasonic on September 30, 2013, 08:51:57 PM

I am feeling better about my preorder now that I see Skylanders Swap Force will be a "release window" title. My kid would be very, very sad if his ability to play Skylanders went away.

He has to wait a month after it releases for current gen consoles to get it, though. I'm waiting for the PS4 version myself, but it will stink seeing the toys out there and not be able to do anything with them.

A bit late getting back to this, but this will be a christmas thing either way so no hardship there. The big question will be what happens between the new system arriving and Christmas when I am dying to connect it and play Forza 5.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 07, 2013, 11:12:51 PM »

Controllers compared again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yv9VfbmLgI
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 07, 2013, 11:36:51 PM »

can't wait to get my hands on the XB1.... er... one.

Because I can,
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 08, 2013, 12:10:04 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on October 07, 2013, 11:12:51 PM

Can't wait to get my hands on the new Dual Shock 4!!!

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 08, 2013, 01:03:07 PM »

Since my PS3 died, I am feeling great.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 11, 2013, 02:00:42 AM »

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 13, 2013, 06:50:00 PM »

RIP Xbox 360.

One month shy of the new console releases -- my white Xbox 360 without HDMI connection just went belly up.    It doesn't red-ring.   It's crashing with a frozen garbled screen when I try to play GTA V.

It was my second factory replacement to my original Xbox (replaced due to red ring issues).     Of course they always sent you the same model as a replacement and not a better upgraded one.   

Farewell awesome console (but piece of garbage quality box).    Bring on the new stuff!
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 13, 2013, 08:59:30 PM »

My PS3 died two days ago.

What is going on!?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: October 13, 2013, 09:13:06 PM »

Quote from: ATB on October 13, 2013, 08:59:30 PM

What is going on!?

the consoles wars have achieved their next level....

Because I can,
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 13, 2013, 09:44:48 PM »

Yeah, and there is no way I'm buying another 360 just a month away from Xbone.   

Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 14, 2013, 12:12:23 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on October 13, 2013, 06:50:00 PM

RIP Xbox 360.

One month shy of the new console releases -- my white Xbox 360 without HDMI connection just went belly up.    It doesn't red-ring.   It's crashing with a frozen garbled screen when I try to play GTA V.

It was my second factory replacement to my original Xbox (replaced due to red ring issues).     Of course they always sent you the same model as a replacement and not a better upgraded one.   

Farewell awesome console (but piece of garbage quality box).    Bring on the new stuff!

Sorry man! frown

Though according to the latest posts from CBOAT yesterday on NeoGaf (Xbone Insider, MS Employee), it looks grim for the reliability of the new Xbone as well....

By the way, I hope you aren't fans of 1080p on Xbox One. When the hardware is out in the wild you will see what I meant about issues. Up-clocks too. Risk is everywhere at the moment, this place is nuts. A 2014 release was a better plan.

Basically confirms that this thing was rushed to market to compete with the PS4....and the upclocks to try and compete with the PS4 are not helping the reliability issues. Glad I am holding off a bit, to see how it all shakes out.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 14, 2013, 12:35:15 PM »

Doesn't sound good. Do we have any reason to put faith in those reports? I can't believe that Microsoft would screw it up again after the red ring fiasco. Last gen they had a bit of breathing space because Sony had their own problems. But this gen if it happens again who wouldn't switch over to the console that has superior specs and a lower price?
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 14, 2013, 12:40:33 PM »

Quote from: Thread Title
How are you feeling about your pre-orders now?

One month before the PS4 arrives, it occurs to me that I'm actually feeling better about my pre-order than I did even before.  All indications are that that Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed IV, inFamous: Second Son and The Order: 1886 are shaping up great, and I'm looking forward to them all quite a lot.  My biggest hope at this point is that Sony has improved their online infrastructure and Trophy integration by the same amount as their marketing, since those elements always felt tacked onto the PS3.

On the other side, I'm also feeling more content about my decision to hold off on the Xbox One for now.  I'd like to play Dead Rising 3, but the other exclusives like Ryse and Forza 5 just aren't doing it for me and the multi-platform releases listed above sound likely to run even better on the PS4.  That's not to say the XB1 versions won't be good...it just seems like they'll be equally good, at best, but for $100 extra on the console.

I still fully expect that I'll buy an XB1 in the future.  As more information has surfaced about each system and their games, though, I feel like "in the future" is further out than I'd originally thought.

-Autistic Angel
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 14, 2013, 12:48:36 PM »

I'm very happy with my preorder by the way because the PS4 isn't coming out until Feb here in Japan so I'm hoping I can flip mine for a ridiculous price  to some poor Japanese sucker with more money than brains.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: October 14, 2013, 12:52:38 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on October 14, 2013, 12:35:15 PM

Doesn't sound good. Do we have any reason to put faith in those reports?

I've heard quite a bit about CBOAT over the last few months. As far as I'm aware he hasn't shared where he gets his information, but there are indications that he may be a Microsoft employee. Most of his Microsoft reports seem to be very accurate. He took a hit to his credibility at Gamescom when a couple of predictions he had made about the PS4 turned out to be false (including the infamous October 29th release date that spread all over the internet), but he apologized for that and explained that he only has access to solid insider information from Microsoft, not Sony.

If he says that there are issues with the Xbox One, we have every reason to take that seriously.

Quote from: Autistic Angel on October 14, 2013, 12:40:33 PM

On the other side, I'm also feeling more content about my decision to hold off on the Xbox One for now.  I'd like to play Dead Rising 3, but the other exclusives like Ryse and Forza 5 just aren't doing it for me and the multi-platform releases listed above sound likely to run even better on the PS4.  

GameTrailers had a pretty damning Bonus Round about the Xbox One yesterday, which is surprising considering they've heavily favored the 360 throughout this last generation. The most damning thing they said was (quoting from memory) : "I think it's pretty safe to discount Ryse at this point."
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 14, 2013, 01:31:58 PM »

Quote from: ATB on October 13, 2013, 08:59:30 PM

My PS3 died two days ago.

What is going on!?

I cursed you.  If I cannot use my PS3, no one can!

msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 14, 2013, 01:51:25 PM »

As a veteran of Alabama fan forums, I have a lot of experience with listening to 'insider' posts from individuals on message boards.   

I have enough experience, in fact, to ignore anything that anyone posts who claims to be an insider.    This CBOAT seems to follow the exact template that outed frauds continuously follow on the sports fan boards.   They accidentally nail a prediction or maybe even get lucky and hit on a second one.    They claim to have very close insider ties.     Then they suddenly make a bold prediction that in their mind is fairly safe, but they miss on it big time.     Immediately they apologize and claim they were given false information or rationalize it in some way.    Their future predictions are more careful and nebulous so that they can easily explain what was going on if they are slightly wrong.

I've learned enough over the past 5 years to assume that these people are nothing more than a different kind of forum troll.    They don't post things to stir things up.... they post things in the hope that they become a forum celebrity and renowned insider that everyone worships.   

I don't believe him.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 14, 2013, 01:56:55 PM »

The mods at GAF tend to back CBOAT up. 
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 14, 2013, 02:06:54 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on October 14, 2013, 01:56:55 PM

The mods at GAF tend to back CBOAT up. 

Allow me to tell you a story about a man named Redfish.    He was a veteran Tider Insider forum member.   He was respected and backed by the mods.   He was even a former player and made real-life speaking engagements around Alabama.

During the Cam Newton situation at Auburn, Redfish made a bunch of posts about how he had extremely reliable information regarding this developing scandal.     At first it was very believable, and he continued to tell everyone that a NOA (notice of alligations) was going to come out 'in about two weeks'.    Then he told us that a taped conversation between Cam Newton and Auburn officials discussing money was coming out 'in a couple of weeks'.    A couple of weeks went on for months.     Finally he produced a garbled tape that supposedly had the discussion he was talking about, but it was pretty clearly faked.

He ultimately was banned from the forum and disappeared.    Let me emphasize that he was not only a former Alabama player, people knew who he was in real life, and he was until that year widely assumed to be 90% accurate because he had rock solid insider sources and was trusted by the very owner of the Tider Insider site.

I still don't believe CBOAT.    I've believed my last so-called forum insider.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: October 14, 2013, 02:12:41 PM »

Also, his claims have been openly disputed:

http://www.reddit.com/user/XboxOneDev

But, a confirmed Xbox One developer has taken to Reddit to respond to these claims, saying that CBOAT is using hardware that is made for stress testing.

I actually am aware of that and know a few of them. You should know weve gotten many devkits throughout this past year.

The console in question is a zebra turned stress machine for hardware/heat issues testing.

forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 14, 2013, 02:41:33 PM »

Quote from: Purge on October 14, 2013, 02:12:41 PM

But, a confirmed Xbox One developer has taken to Reddit to respond to these claims, saying that CBOAT is using hardware that is made for stress testing.

I actually am aware of that and know a few of them. You should know weve gotten many devkits throughout this past year.

The console in question is a zebra turned stress machine for hardware/heat issues testing.

Now, that guys seems suspect as this seems highly unlikely.

I have an Xbox One here that I've had for almost a year with an uptime high of 29 days that says you're wrong.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #388 on: October 14, 2013, 02:46:51 PM »

You *are* kidding, right? Tongue

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 14, 2013, 02:47:24 PM »

39 days!  almost fired up Dead Rising 2 over the weekend, but I think I'll wait since DR3 isn't far off.

Because I can,
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: October 14, 2013, 02:47:51 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on October 14, 2013, 02:41:33 PM

Quote from: Purge on October 14, 2013, 02:12:41 PM

Now, that guys seems suspect as this seems highly unlikely.

I have an Xbox One here that I've had for almost a year with an uptime high of 29 days that says you're wrong.

Lol.   This is textbook in what happens on these stories I was referring to above.    People choose which insider to believe.

I don't believe any of this from either side, particularly in a heated and battle-lines drawn subject as this launch.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 14, 2013, 02:50:01 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on October 14, 2013, 02:47:51 PM

I don't believe any of this from either side, particularly in a heated and battle-lines drawn subject as this launch.

this is pretty much the truth.  Heck, at this point there are some posters here who could say the sky is blue and I would have to look outside to double check their facts.

Because I can,
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 14, 2013, 02:55:47 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on October 14, 2013, 01:51:25 PM

As a veteran of Alabama fan forums, I have a lot of experience with listening to 'insider' posts from individuals on message boards.   

I have enough experience, in fact, to ignore anything that anyone posts who claims to be an insider.    This CBOAT seems to follow the exact template that outed frauds continuously follow on the sports fan boards.   They accidentally nail a prediction or maybe even get lucky and hit on a second one.    They claim to have very close insider ties.     Then they suddenly make a bold prediction that in their mind is fairly safe, but they miss on it big time.     Immediately they apologize and claim they were given false information or rationalize it in some way.    Their future predictions are more careful and nebulous so that they can easily explain what was going on if they are slightly wrong.

I've learned enough over the past 5 years to assume that these people are nothing more than a different kind of forum troll.    They don't post things to stir things up.... they post things in the hope that they become a forum celebrity and renowned insider that everyone worships.   

I don't believe him.

I just automatically discredit any Alabama fan and that has carried me far. slywink

Geaux Tigers!

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 14, 2013, 02:58:14 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on October 14, 2013, 02:55:47 PM

I don't believe him.

I just automatically discredit any Alabama fan and that has carried me far. slywink

Geaux Tigers!

Tigers Bleaux!    slywink
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 14, 2013, 03:01:18 PM »

Quote from: Purge on October 14, 2013, 02:46:51 PM

Umm, have you ever worked for a hardware company?  You honestly think some guy has had an XB1 final build for a year before ship?
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #395 on: October 14, 2013, 03:09:41 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on October 14, 2013, 03:01:18 PM

Quote from: Purge on October 14, 2013, 02:46:51 PM

Umm, have you ever worked for a hardware company?  You honestly think some guy has had an XB1 final build for a year before ship?

Nope. You're still not making your point. He has a Durango unit (which is an Xbox One dev kit). Hes comparing the "zebra" that CBOAT is claiming is final. basing his claims on.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 03:13:59 PM by Purge » Logged

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: October 14, 2013, 03:15:01 PM »

I respect that you're skeptical of the guy. I was too. However, he seems to have posted a LOT of very detailed hardware info, particularly of the Xbox One, that later turned out to be correct. This is the kind of stuff you can't really just throw out there and hope sticks. He has to have some kind of source, whether or not that's himself. He's taken so seriously that reputable news sources are willing to use him as a source, though they do use disclaimers. He's also been doing these leaks since before the 360 was released, with what is apparently a very good track record.

This guy isn't "suddenly making bold predictions". He's been putting out leaks, as well as his own theories about what they mean, for a long, long time. His biggest mistakes have been about Sony, but he has no ties to that company and as such can only rely on what he hears through Microsoft.
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 14, 2013, 03:26:13 PM »

It interesting to me that the PR war has been raging against Microsoft since the announcements of the two consoles.    I think that Sony finally got wise and attacked Microsoft on identified weak points.   They waited for Xbone announcement and within hours adjusted their included hardware and price point.   They openly mocked Microsoft in their presser the same way that Microsoft did to Sony years ago.

They also launched a PR campaign online to make sure the momentum was carried.    Forum posters on the dole for the company insighting the masses.   

They have played this entire orchestra perfectly so far.     The only spot they have missed was exclusives.   Microsoft has all of them.     An online campaign has already begun to try to erode confidence that these exclusives will be any good LONG before any real reviews are published about the finished products.   We have posters in this very forum regurgitating the fact that Dead Rising is going to suck a full month before it launches -- and even before reviewers get hands on a copy to evaluate.

Nicely played Sony.    The machine is a self-feeding frenzy.    It is precisely these situations where supposed insiders make their proverbial hay prognosticating on things before a product even hits the market.   If they are right, they are legend.   If they are wrong it gets lost in the noise and people still believe them years down the road when the next opportunity rises up.   
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #398 on: October 14, 2013, 03:35:36 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on October 14, 2013, 03:26:13 PM

They also launched a PR campaign online to make sure the momentum was carried.    Forum posters on the dole for the company insighting the masses.

Wait, what? Are you seriously suggesting that the positive attention the PS4 has been getting on forums since its announcement is because of bribes paid by Sony?

Call me when you get in touch with Elvis so that he can hand you the proof that the moon landing was faked and that JFK was shot by the Illuminati, will you?
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 14, 2013, 03:43:07 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on October 14, 2013, 03:26:13 PM

I haven't seen any Sony viral marketers get busted yet, but over at GAF there have been several MS viral marketers that have been busted and banned now this cycle.   Maybe there were some on the Sony side and I just missed them getting busted but I've definitely seen the MS ones get busted.

And it's mainstream media too, see the recent advertising dustup which showed up on NBC and Time.

http://techland.time.com/2013/10/08/lets-hope-xbox-ones-kinect-camera-is-never-used-for-targeted-advertising/
http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/xbox-one-kerfuffle-kicks-more-concerns-over-ads-privacy-8C11358946?utm_content=buffer6dccd&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: