http://gamingtrend.com
April 17, 2014, 04:21:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How are you feeling about your pre-orders now?  (Read 8415 times)
Autistic Angel
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 04, 2013, 05:27:48 PM »

Quote from: ATB on September 04, 2013, 12:26:37 PM

I'm probably just going to dump both pre-orders.

Why?  There must be something you want to play with all your friends, if not single-player.  Just figure out which set of exclusives appeals to you more and you'll never look back.

-Autistic Angel
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 04, 2013, 06:49:55 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on September 04, 2013, 04:23:10 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on September 04, 2013, 04:06:23 PM

We have the inspection this friday and closing on the 19th if all goes well.  (and I'm still getting a XB1 Tongue )  Buck up Pug!

Congrats!  You and Kato must be so excited!

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #122 on: September 04, 2013, 08:29:30 PM »

The pug has folded.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 04, 2013, 08:48:15 PM »

Quote from: coopasonic on August 26, 2013, 02:48:50 PM

...and I am an XBOner purely for Forza.

That's me as well, but I can't see myself dealing with the Day One issues just for Forza 5. I've seen the previews and there just isn't enough "wow" factor there for me to be getting it on release day.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2013, 02:36:26 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 04, 2013, 08:48:15 PM

Quote from: coopasonic on August 26, 2013, 02:48:50 PM

...and I am an XBOner purely for Forza.

That's me as well, but I can't see myself dealing with the Day One issues just for Forza 5. I've seen the previews and there just isn't enough "wow" factor there for me to be getting it on release day.

Not even for the orange peel paint jobs?

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2013, 04:59:58 PM »

felt this was relevant to this thread, so I'm posting it twice.

Quote from: CeeKay on September 05, 2013, 05:37:10 AM

Other than that pretty much the rest of the games that have the bonus credit will be PC purchases for me, from the sounds of it they're giving the PC versions of Watch_Dogs, AssCreed 4, CoD: Ghosts and Battlefield 4 some extra loving.

while I love the PC-extras, it makes it a bit harder to go on with the PS4 pre-order.  I have a kick ass pc right now and if those versions are going to look better and have bonuses, what incentive do I have to go console?

also, if any one of these companies would allow you to go cross platform, they might have a customer in me as I would go from 360 to PS4 (assuming I'm still in)

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: September 05, 2013, 05:17:42 PM »

Quote from: Caine on September 05, 2013, 04:59:58 PM

Other than that pretty much the rest of the games that have the bonus credit will be PC purchases for me, from the sounds of it they're giving the PC versions of Watch_Dogs, AssCreed 4, CoD: Ghosts and Battlefield 4 some extra loving.

while I love the PC-extras, it makes it a bit harder to go on with the PS4 pre-order.  I have a kick ass pc right now and if those versions are going to look better and have bonuses, what incentive do I have to go console?

Better online integration with far less chance of encountering cheaters?
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2013, 05:21:41 PM »

While I usually prefer my PC for gaming, having the option to play on a console is something I've always appreciated.  Sometimes I just don't want to mess around with pc installation issues, graphics and optimization tweaking, and controller and keyboard mapping.  I want to be able to pick up a controller, put the new game in and play.  That's why I'm sticking with my PS4 preorder.  It will compliment my PC.  Besides, the only way I play co-op with my family is through console local co-op.  Being able to play local co-op on games like Dragon's Crown and Diablo 3 is a big deal, without having to buy multiple pc versions to do the same.

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 05, 2013, 05:35:23 PM »

while I love the PC-extras, it makes it a bit harder to go on with the PS4 pre-order.  I have a kick ass pc right now and if those versions are going to look better and have bonuses, what incentive do I have to go console?

This is a primary driver behind me switching allegiances. The PS4 had a bunch of games I wanted to play on PS4 - the problem is I could also play them on my gaming PC. Ultimately I couldn't justify buying what would essentially be a box that does the exact same thing as my PC does (at least for awhile).
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 05, 2013, 06:03:57 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on September 05, 2013, 05:17:42 PM

this is the main reason that if a game is on PC and on a console, I tend to get the console instead despite less graphics.  It's far harder to cheat on a console and the penalty for getting caught is usually far more severe.  There is also the limit to 'grey area' cheating such as turning off HDR and post effects so you aren't as obstructed as the enemy by lights and explosions and smoke, etc.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2013, 06:04:20 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on September 05, 2013, 05:35:23 PM

while I love the PC-extras, it makes it a bit harder to go on with the PS4 pre-order.  I have a kick ass pc right now and if those versions are going to look better and have bonuses, what incentive do I have to go console?

This is a primary driver behind me switching allegiances. The PS4 had a bunch of games I wanted to play on PS4 - the problem is I could also play them on my gaming PC. Ultimately I couldn't justify buying what would essentially be a box that does the exact same thing as my PC does (at least for awhile).
I don't think I follow here, are you going PC only?  That would make some sense, but switching allegiances makes it sound like you are going Xbox, and Xbox has far more PC crossover than Playstation in regards to titles on the PC.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2013, 06:06:24 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on September 04, 2013, 05:27:48 PM

Why?  There must be something you want to play with all your friends, if not single-player.  Just figure out which set of exclusives appeals to you more and you'll never look back.

-Autistic Angel

Mostly financial considerations.  Also, I'm not really done with the current gen yet...
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 05, 2013, 08:06:41 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken
I don't think I follow here, are you going PC only?  That would make some sense, but switching allegiances makes it sound like you are going Xbox, and Xbox has far more PC crossover than Playstation in regards to titles on the PC.

No, I'm going Xbox. There aren't any PS4 exclusives I'm interested in through Q1, whereas there are at least 3-4 I'm interested in on Xbox day of launch. Then there's some other functionality with the Xbox (TV stuff, Kinect) that I can't do on PC.

PS4 may very well ultimately have more exclusives I'm interested in that are not available on PC, and when that tipping point occurs I'll buy a PS4. Right now I'm thinking short-term, and there's really no reason to drop $400 on a box that is going to sit idle until March.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 05, 2013, 09:09:41 PM »

Quote from: ATB on September 05, 2013, 06:06:24 PM

Quote from: Autistic Angel on September 04, 2013, 05:27:48 PM

-Autistic Angel

Mostly financial considerations.  Also, I'm not really done with the current gen yet...

Well, before making a final decision, consider the fact that there will undoubtedly be playable demo units set up at places like Best Buy, Kmart, and Toys R Us before launch.  These will give you the opportunity to put your hands on the controllers and play around with the big launch titles first-hand.  If you're still feeling unenthusiastic after that, you'll still have plenty of time to cancel the preorders.

Going the other way, if you cancel your preorders early and then change your mind later on, snaring yourself a console that launches in tandem with the holiday shopping season is likely to be a nightmare. 

-Autistic Angel
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2013, 10:31:08 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on September 05, 2013, 06:03:57 PM

this is the main reason that if a game is on PC and on a console, I tend to get the console instead despite less graphics.  It's far harder to cheat on a console and the penalty for getting caught is usually far more severe.  There is also the limit to 'grey area' cheating such as turning off HDR and post effects so you aren't as obstructed as the enemy by lights and explosions and smoke, etc.
as I've moved away from most MP games, this has ceased to be a problem, but it is a pretty big consideration if you want to play these things competitively.  if CoD/BF players could turn off extra details or grass, it would break the even playing ground.  nevermind the outright cheating and hacks.  

the closed architecture is also a factor if you consider mods;  I'd rather have mods than benefits to MP

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: September 06, 2013, 04:26:23 AM »

Quote from: Caine on September 05, 2013, 10:31:08 PM

as I've moved away from most MP games, this has ceased to be a problem, but it is a pretty big consideration if you want to play these things competitively.  if CoD/BF players could turn off extra details or grass, it would break the even playing ground.  nevermind the outright cheating and hacks.  

the closed architecture is also a factor if you consider mods;  I'd rather have mods than benefits to MP

I don't care in the slightest for regular multiplayer. The reason I mentioned this was because the Demon's Soul method of using multiplayer seems to be growing more common, and will most likely become more so. Look at Watch Dogs, for example. Other players can "invade" your game as part of what you initially think is just a single player experience. Now look at what happened with Dark Souls on PC. Cheating was rampant, and some players would ruin other players' entire enjoyment of the game by dropping enormous amounts of quality loot that they weren't supposed to have. Others used different kinds of cheats, and there's nothing anyone could do about it except play the game offline. This was never a problem on consoles.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 06, 2013, 04:56:49 AM »

Quote from: Caine on September 05, 2013, 10:31:08 PM

as I've moved away from most MP games, this has ceased to be a problem, but it is a pretty big consideration if you want to play these things competitively.  if CoD/BF players could turn off extra details or grass, it would break the even playing ground.  nevermind the outright cheating and hacks. 

the closed architecture is also a factor if you consider mods;  I'd rather have mods than benefits to MP

yeah, mods definitely will make me choose the PC version of a game.  of the 4 I listed in your cross-quote I'll only be doing MP with Battlefield 4, and unless they're changing the control PC users have over servers there are bound to be some well regulated ones where if cheaters appear they'll get kicked.  as for Watch_Dogs, they've said the MP can be turned off if you don't want to be interrupted.  it'll probably be one of the first things I do since I only care about the SP portion of the game.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 06, 2013, 04:57:52 AM »

I can't say it was NEVER a problem on consoles, but it is definitely less common.  There was a time there when not only was there a hacker in almost every game of Call of Duty on the Xbox 360, but they had it setup that anyone that played with them got 'infected' and would pass the hacked variables to the next server/host they played on.  Was a very not fun time.  Also pretty much every COD gets overrun with hackers a year or two after it's no longer the most recent because the devs stop fighting the hacks actively so new ones start working.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: September 06, 2013, 05:12:58 AM »

The 360 itself got hacked pretty early on, so until the new consoles get hacked as well, that's not really something we need to worry about.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 07, 2013, 11:44:56 PM »

Yup, still feeling good about that PS4 pre-order

context: he was the Creative Director at People Can Fly (Painkiller, Bulletstorm, GoW:Judgement)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 07, 2013, 11:58:46 PM »

Amazon finally got their XB1 dates fixed, got a bunch of emails confirming the change for all my orders.  The 22nd is going to be an expensive day smile

Dead Rising 3 $59.99
Forza 5 $59.99
Ryse $59.99
console $479.99

may have to throw in a $6 item to make it an even $666.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 12:00:26 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 08, 2013, 12:11:15 AM »

actually, it's going to be an even more expensive week that week, with Watch_Dogs, Need for Speed Rivals, X Rebirth, Super Mario World 3D and The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds all due out as well.  I may have to take the following week off....

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 08, 2013, 01:59:46 AM »

Adrian did some clarification of this Tweets after getting 'weird tweets'.  I assume this is his attempt at damage control:

Think about it this way. X360 is faster than PS3. Not just easier to program on, it's faster overall (although PS is faster/better in SOME areas). And yet no exclusive on X360 looks like The Last of Us. Halo 4 looks great. Gears blew my mind in 2006. And still, the best looking AAA game of this generation belongs to the supposedly weaker platform.

So if you think that the war is over because PS4 is 50% faster TODAY, then you're delusional. This is far from over, and will probably never be over, at least not this upcoming gen.

Because I can,
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 08, 2013, 02:06:17 AM »

man, I have both preordered right after they were announced at E3 and I figured I could wait till all the details were presented before making my choice...  

Well it's getting closer and there's not much change going to happen between now and launch...

I'm beginning to think about just cancelling both and just stick with the PC.  There's not much I want to play at launch, and the ones that I do, I can get on my PC and play for free (multi).  At some point I plan on getting the consoles, but why rush.  I still have my 360 and ps3 and there's plenty of current gen games I can play.  At this point I really trying to find a reason to buy one, and I'm not seeing it.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 08, 2013, 02:11:23 AM »

The gap between the PS3 and Xbox 360 hardware-wise was much larger from all angles (not just GPU), and it simply didn't make much of a difference. It's funny that people think that PS3 is going to "destroy" Xbox this gen because of even smaller hardware differences.

Case in point:

Xbox 360 CPU - 3.2ghz, 3 dual-threaded cores, 77 Gflops max
PS3 - 3.2ghz, 7 single-threaded cores, 230 Gflops max

Xbox 360 GPU - eDRAM wound up giving it a slight edge in reality, even though PS3 numbers were better on paper

Xbox 360 RAM - 512MB GDDR3 (shared with GPU), 700mhz, 22.4Gbps bandwidth
PS3 - 256 XDR RAM (dedicated), 3.2 ghz, 25.6 Gbps bandwidth

In PC-spec simulation tests, the PS4 GPU difference was between 17%-33%, which is significant, but not 50%. We likely won't see this margin for a couple of years until developers learn to really get everything out of the hardware, and even then probably only with exclusives. I'm hoping by the time a gap does show up, I'll own a PS4 anyway.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 08, 2013, 02:17:42 AM »

Quote from: naednek on September 08, 2013, 02:06:17 AM

man, I have both preordered right after they were announced at E3 and I figured I could wait till all the details were presented before making my choice... 

Well it's getting closer and there's not much change going to happen between now and launch...

I'm beginning to think about just cancelling both and just stick with the PC.  There's not much I want to play at launch, and the ones that I do, I can get on my PC and play for free (multi).  At some point I plan on getting the consoles, but why rush.  I still have my 360 and ps3 and there's plenty of current gen games I can play.  At this point I really trying to find a reason to buy one, and I'm not seeing it.

there's a chance of announcements at TGS 2013, and it wouldn't surprise me to see each side keep an ace or two under their hats, so I'd suggest holding off on cancelling until a week or two before release if you think there is the slightest chance you might change your mind; since I already cancelled my PS4 order I imagine there will be something announced for day one that will make me wish I didn't, but c'est la vie.  I do agree with your reasoning though, if there's nothing that will toot your horn there isn't much point in diving in right away.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 02:19:17 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: September 08, 2013, 09:11:04 AM »

Quote from: YellowKing on September 08, 2013, 02:11:23 AM

The gap between the PS3 and Xbox 360 hardware-wise was much larger from all angles (not just GPU), and it simply didn't make much of a difference. It's funny that people think that PS3 is going to "destroy" Xbox this gen because of even smaller hardware differences.

This argument again? Nobody knows for sure if the PS4 will actually outperform the Xbox One this generation, but all the numbers are pointing that way. The previous generation had a multitude of other issues holding people back, most notably the confusing memory structure and difficult programming language for the PS3, which evened the field out. This time around the two consoles are very similar in all respects. The biggest X-factor is the difference between DD3 and GDDR5, which is hard to predict because they have different strengths and weaknesses.

Your comparison with 360 vs PS3 isn't relevant. The new generation will be much more about raw power since the two consoles are so similar in their design. The actual difference will come down to the aforementioned memory, the raw hardware power, and the control the developers get through the programming language. We've actually heard from both camps about the latter. The only thing Microsoft has said about this for the Xbox One is that features a version of DirectX that lets developers "write to the metal", which to most hardcore gamers should sound like "it's technical, you wouldn't understand". In other words, a bit insulting and not informative at all. Sony has talked about the PS4's architecture in much more detail though. It features an OpenGL-like language that has two renderers. One of them handles typical operations, making it easy to produce code in the same way as DirectX. The other gives the developer direct access to the hardware at a level we haven't had on PC since the DOS days, and is much more complex.

This stuff I just talked about? That's what you think you're talking about when you're comparing with 360/PS3. The previous generation had a solid DirectX-like language on the 360, making it easy to develop for. The PS3 had a byzantine language that was poorly documented and that lead to developers taking as much as a year to even render their first polygon to the screen. It was improved through patches later in the current generation, which is why the PS3 has picked up and surpassed the 360 (though marginally so) in the latter half of the generation. The next generation has no such difference. They both start out with developer-friendly programming languages and hardware that is simple to deal with, while giving both options to dive deeper into the hardware to push even more power out of the systems if they so wish.

So no, there won't be any surprising Shamalayan-like twists when it comes to actual power this generation. PS4 will be more powerful, with the Xbox One in second place and the Wii U in last. The question is what kind of power difference we're talking about, and that is more up in the air right now.

Edit: Another correction to your post: The hardware difference is larger this time than it was last gen, not smaller like you claim. That's what surprised people so much back at E3. Nobody could believe at the time that Microsoft would shoot themselves in the foot so badly, hardware-wise.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 09:14:12 AM by TiLT » Logged
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 08, 2013, 12:02:22 PM »

I'm not anti-PS4 - I plan on getting one and had planned to go PS4 only as recently as a couple of weeks ago. But let's be realistic - hardware superiority has rarely ever decided market share.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: September 08, 2013, 12:31:37 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on September 08, 2013, 12:02:22 PM

I'm not anti-PS4 - I plan on getting one and had planned to go PS4 only as recently as a couple of weeks ago. But let's be realistic - hardware superiority has rarely ever decided market share.

True, but that has nothing to do with your previous post. Tongue
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 09, 2013, 11:18:30 PM »

Ouch - no PS4 in Japan until February 2014?

The PlayStation 4 will launch in Japan on February 22, 2014, with Sony noting that it wants to make sure that the software for the console is ready for the Japanese audience.

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2013, 12:18:17 AM »

Quote from: TiLT
True, but that has nothing to do with your previous post.

I decided to stop arguing after I realized I was debating the technical performance of two boxes that are inferior to my PC. It's like arguing over which dog turd tastes better.  icon_lol

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #151 on: September 10, 2013, 12:25:02 AM »

Quote from: YellowKing on September 10, 2013, 12:18:17 AM

I decided to stop arguing after I realized I was debating the technical performance of two boxes that are inferior to my PC. It's like arguing over which dog turd tastes better.  icon_lol

The mushier one. Trust me, the other one is hard to swallow. slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 10, 2013, 12:28:18 AM »

Quote from: YellowKing on September 10, 2013, 12:18:17 AM

It depends on what the dogs had to eat...
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 13, 2013, 01:20:21 PM »

PS4 more powerful, some dev commentary

http://www.edge-online.com/news/power-struggle-the-real-differences-between-ps4-and-xbox-one-performance/

I'm going to take a wild guess that it's EA that would be castrating their PS4 versions to lower them to be on par with XB1 to not offend Microsoft.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 01:30:22 PM by forgeforsaken » Logged
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: September 13, 2013, 02:30:12 PM »

Yep, since EA was willing to take the money for Titanfall. Of course, back then, they probably thought it was a good idea since MS led the last generation.

Either way, Titanfall will sell just fine.

And even if EA has a deal with MS, it would take more time and money to hobble the PS4 version than to just let it run. The two architectures are similar enough that the raw power will just make it run better without fine tuning, although some optimization will make a difference.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 13, 2013, 02:34:39 PM »

Quote from: forgeforsaken on September 13, 2013, 01:20:21 PM

http://www.edge-online.com/news/power-struggle-the-real-differences-between-ps4-and-xbox-one-performance/

I'm going to take a wild guess that it's EA that would be castrating their PS4 versions to lower them to be on par with XB1 to not offend Microsoft.

It won't be just EA.  I read that piece earlier this morning and it makes sense the multi-platform games will play to the lowest common denominator which would be the limitation of the XB1.  Saying that Titanfall looked awesome on the XB1 and if that is a bad thing then I will take it. 

Anyway, more fuel for the fire for the fan-bois.  Feel like I'm back in the Nintendo/PS3/Xbox 360 wars..   Tearing down the system that's not your choice seems so childish, but that's just me

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 13, 2013, 02:47:24 PM »

This is pretty old news. MS has been going around denying it to anyone who will listen which really makes them sound silly but what else are they going to do? They can't let Sony control the message. I don't see anyone artificially handicapping graphics though. If they did they would end up looking ridiculous when Sony exclusives blow them all out of the water in the graphics department. I do agree with the lowest common denominator theory though.  But things like that would be related to map size and view distance and stuff like that. If the PS4 is truly more powerful then surely it would show in things like load times and solid framerates. Those should be superior no matter what the developers do (assuming that PS4 hardware is indeed as superior as some people say).
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 13, 2013, 02:51:50 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on September 13, 2013, 02:47:24 PM

This is pretty old news. MS has been going around denying it to anyone who will listen which really makes them sound silly but what else are they going to do? They can't let Sony control the message.

I know, it's been on the forums for a while, but this is a real publication siting conversations with developers which makes it more noteworthy.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 13, 2013, 02:55:36 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on September 13, 2013, 02:34:39 PM

Quote from: forgeforsaken on September 13, 2013, 01:20:21 PM

It won't be just EA.  I read that piece earlier this morning and it makes sense the multi-platform games will play to the lowest common denominator which would be the limitation of the XB1. 

Eh, they will and they wont.  Over the long haul it will be like looking at a good PC port v a console game.   It's not like all our PC ports are capped at 30FPS and 1280x720.   You'll see those kind of differences show up with the PS4 and XB1 over time, with higher resolutions or framerates, the article even talks about that at the start

One basic example we were given suggested that without optimisation for either console, a platform-agnostic development build can run at around 30FPS in 1920×1080 on PS4, but it’ll run at “20-something” FPS in 1600×900 on Xbox One. “Xbox One is weaker and it’s a pain to use its ESRAM,” concluded one developer.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 13, 2013, 02:57:27 PM »

I can't really believe the numbers anyways. As much as I'm rooting for Sony (damn right I am, as I only plan on buying one console this gen so I want the best) I just can't believe it. MS has screwed up big time this generation but I can't believe for a second that they let their main competition make their console one and a half times more powerful than their own.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: