http://gamingtrend.com
November 01, 2014, 07:41:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How are you feeling about your pre-orders now?  (Read 10818 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2013, 08:17:03 PM »

So we've had E3 and Gamescom. If you've pre-ordered any of the consoles, how are you feeling now?

I pre-ordered both the PS4 and the Xbone but I keep going back and forth on the latter. Here's what I like about the Xbone with the associated caveats:

Forza 5 - I would like this game, but I'm not going to play it without a wheel. I can probably afford it, but PS4+XBone+wheel at launch? It just seems kind of excessive. Drive club looks like it will be interesting (and somewhat free) but I'd still want to get a wheel for it.

CoD Ghosts - specifically because I'd like to know what it's like to play the game without host advantage. But I would probably get as much fun out of it on PS4, if I even decide to buy it.

Kinect 2.0 - I'm actually kind of curious to play with it. Granted, I have hardly used my Kinect 1.0.

(and very low on the totem pole) Day One edition - I think it would be kind of fun to have one of these smile

These, I think are the only things I want an Xbone to play with at launch. I think I will still get one down the road, but the reasons to get one at launch seem to be dwindling for me. Maybe there will be more people playing Battlefield 4 from GT on Xbone, but I think there will also be some playing on PS4, plus hopefully there will be people playing Killzone!

I think the more likely time for me to jump in will be when Titanfall releases. I can also get CoD after some map packs drop.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 08:30:52 PM »

I also preordered both, thinking I would decide later...

Later is quickly approaching.  I'm also wondering if I should just save my money since there are some current gen games I want to play (GTAV mainly) 
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 08:35:53 PM »

I have them both pre-ordered with the hope that I can flip them for profit.

Only next gen game that interests me is Titanfall.

I'm thinking about getting back into COD after 2 years off, but will probably go 360 version (I still think the next gen is at least 1 year premature).
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 08:38:42 PM »

I preordered just the PS4, and I still think that's going to be the console I prefer, but with Hark pressuring the GT multiplayer crew to go for the Xbone, I'm getting more tempted to switch to the "just get both" route.

And then I think of how much it would cost to do that and I feel much better about my PS4 decision.  The Xbone can wait for a pricedrop or two.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 09:32:40 PM »

I preordered both and I'm feeling pretty good about that decision.  smile

Sandwiches do fix everything.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 10:05:24 PM »

pre-ordered both, cancelled the PS4 one and used the money to buy some computer upgrades, feeling good about it.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 10:07:02 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on August 21, 2013, 09:32:40 PM

I preordered both and I'm feeling pretty good about that decision.  smile

I'm gonna see what comes out of PAX.  With three events in such close proximity we should get a very clear idea of what we are dealing with....but yea...I preordered both too.  smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 10:21:23 PM »

I'm on the PS4 train, mostly because I have a high-end PC already and I'm expecting a lot of XB1 exclusives to make it to PC at some point.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 11:13:32 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on August 21, 2013, 08:38:42 PM

I preordered just the PS4, and I still think that's going to be the console I prefer, but with Hark pressuring the GT multiplayer crew to go for the Xbone, I'm getting more tempted to switch to the "just get both" route.

And then I think of how much it would cost to do that and I feel much better about my PS4 decision.  The Xbone can wait for a pricedrop or two.

I have applied no pressure!  I simply stated which one I'm getting Tongue

I'm happy about my choice.  I was hoping to not like COD, but everything they've shown is interesting AND addresses some of my problems with the game.  I'll be getting it on the 360, then either trading it in for $50 towards the X1 version or keeping it for my gf.  I also upgraded Forza to the limited version for the vip membership.  I do wish they would announce fight stick and steering wheel options now though. 

So things I'll be getting:

Xbox 1
steering wheel
fight stick
forza
killer instinct
peggle 2
cod:ghosts
titanfall

I do hope they don't drop the ball on kinect features, I REALLY enjoyed a couple of the games I played with the kinect 1.0.  I think people are being a bit 'get off my lawn' with their reluctance to give it a shot.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 11:22:23 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on August 21, 2013, 11:13:32 PM

I also upgraded Forza to the limited version for the vip membership.

forgot that they announced that, thanks for reminding me to upgrade!

Because I can,
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 11:30:06 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on August 21, 2013, 08:17:03 PM

CoD Ghosts - specifically because I'd like to know what it's like to play the game without host advantage. But I would probably get as much fun out of it on PS4, if I even decide to buy it.

I don't think it's been confirmed that the PS4 doesn't have dedicated servers, it's just been confirmed that the XB1 does.  PC also has dedicated servers.  In fact the one comment I've seen on this makes it sound like they have some ind of exclusive announcement timeline deal on this (yes those are things as absurd as that sounds, see Minecraft and Twitch for XB1 and PS4.)

Oh, and as to the topic, pre-ordered PS4, still more than happy with that choice post Gamescom.  I'm probably going to grab Killzone Shadowfall for my launch title, I'm surprised how good that is looking.

Oh and Titan Fall isn't launch, just in case anyone thought it was from Hark's post.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 12:27:18 AM by forgeforsaken » Logged
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2013, 11:32:24 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on August 21, 2013, 08:38:42 PM

I have applied no pressure!  I simply stated which one I'm getting Tongue

Yeah, but you're getting the wrong one!  icon_wink
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 11:33:11 PM »

I preordered both and I'm pretty happy about that situation.     I have a vision for both with the PS4 being connected to my computer monitor and the Xbone driving my bedroom television/Direct TV.
Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 02:18:15 AM »

As someone who will only have one console this generation, I'm still perfectly happy with my choice of PS4.
The xbone may have a slight lead in terms of launch games but I'm confident that the PS4 will end up with the best set of exclusives (again). Plus it's $100 cheaper, the hardware is better and I've even been hearing reports from people who spent most of their gaming time with a 360 last gen that the DS4 actually feels better to them than the xbox one controller. 100% satisfied.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 02:35:20 AM »

Preordered both but will only be buying games and gear for the XB1 during launch.

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 02:55:56 AM »

I canceled my pre-order of a PS4 as I've spent too much money (including a new PC recently). Between that and the PS3 I should be fine until the next gen has been out for a while.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 03:40:36 AM »

Pre-ordered both but only have the money for one. I'm around 90% sure I'm sticking with the PS4 despite the fact all my friends are going with Xbox. From a pure Pros/Cons perspective, the PS4 just fits my gaming habits better right now. In reality I should probably not buy either since I have a solid gaming PC and a ridiculous Steam backlog. But I can't stand missing out on the new console hype train.

I figured that I'll probably buy an Xbox a couple of years from now when the kids are old enough to enjoy it. When consoles are on 10-year life cycles, you have the luxury of waiting around.
forgeforsaken

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 03:49:55 AM »

Quote from: USMC Kato on August 22, 2013, 02:35:20 AM

Preordered both but will only be buying games and gear for the XB1 during launch.

Join us in the Warzone Kato
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3F7GFs0i5A
WorkingMike
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 03:50:14 AM »

Ps4 for me, despite being an Xbox guy for the last 12 years. Killzone looks great, as does Infamous. My wife actually just bought me a PS3, so I have a backlog to work on while I wait. I'm sure i'll buy the Xbox eventually.
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 04:02:44 AM »

I'll be getting a PS4 for free with the points Ive accumulated by using my Playstation Visa card. I charged everythingunder the sun to that card- food, gas, online purchases, etc. Day 1 consoles wont be available, but customer service was confident they would be available for card users before Christmas.

Xbox One is pre-ordered.
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 08:06:51 AM »

XBoner for me! Wait what?!?  Anyways I am happy to have the XB1 on order for day one edition and 3 games on order as well.  I mentioned in another thread that I'm still in for a PS4 but there are no release day games that I feel I must have so I could cancel that order.  I don't think I will though, I will have both consoles some day so I don't see why it can't be on release day for both.   Watchdogs for the PS4 feels like the direction I'm heading.

What I am looking for in Kinect 2.0 is better tracking for fitness programs.  I actually liked EA Sports Active but sometimes the tracking was just terrible and frustrating to try and get the workout in.  They had to turn off the Kinect tracking for floor exercises (push ups, planks etc) as it just wouldn't see the person down there.  I don't hold out much hope for the Kinect 2.0 pulse tracking and it being a tool that fitness programs could use, seems a bit out there but if it works that would be a huge benefit for the fitness genre.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 11:21:02 AM »

I have both pre-ordered from Amazon.  The XB1 is almost paid off as I've been applying online gift cards at regular intervals.   I am thinking about flipping the PS4 for a profit or I could give it away to my older brother as a Christmas gift if he can't secure one (Honestly, I'm leaning this way, but his wife disdain his gaming habit and it causes great drama in their household)

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 12:07:25 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on August 22, 2013, 11:21:02 AM

I have both pre-ordered from Amazon.  The XB1 is almost paid off as I've been applying online gift cards at regular intervals.   I am thinking about flipping the PS4 for a profit or I could give it away to my older brother as a Christmas gift if he can't secure one (Honestly, I'm leaning this way, but his wife disdain his gaming habit and it causes great drama in their household)

Why do some women loathe a gaming habit?    He should, for a period of a month, pick up golf and hunting.   He would be spending hundreds of dollars a month and wouldn't be there on Saturday or Sunday most weekends.   Maybe then she would rethink her opposition to having her husband at home gaming.
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 12:12:08 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on August 22, 2013, 12:07:25 PM

I have both pre-ordered from Amazon.  The XB1 is almost paid off as I've been applying online gift cards at regular intervals.   I am thinking about flipping the PS4 for a profit or I could give it away to my older brother as a Christmas gift if he can't secure one (Honestly, I'm leaning this way, but his wife disdain his gaming habit and it causes great drama in their household)

Why do some women loathe a gaming habit?    He should, for a period of a month, pick up golf and hunting.   He would be spending hundreds of dollars a month and wouldn't be there on Saturday or Sunday most weekends.   Maybe then she would rethink her opposition to having her husband at home gaming.

He doesn't game often and tries to play with both his toddlers, but his wife thinks grown men shouldn't be playing "kiddie" games.  I've since given up debating with her about gaming.  She set in her opinion and there's nothing he or I can do to change it.  She's a good person just set in her ways.  

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Glycerine

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 12:15:46 PM »

Quote from: msduncan on August 22, 2013, 12:07:25 PM

Why do some women loathe a gaming habit?    He should, for a period of a month, pick up golf and hunting.   He would be spending hundreds of dollars a month and wouldn't be there on Saturday or Sunday most weekends.   Maybe then she would rethink her opposition to having her husband at home gaming.

Those type of women, at least in my experience, are the needy ones who can't stand when attention is not entirely focused on them.  Sports, outdoors, gaming, it doesn't matter.  They have a deep psychological need and crave attention.  My ex-wife was like that, thank god my current one isn't.  Ironically enough my first marriage didn't last 4 years, yet I've been with my current wife for seven. The right women makes all the difference in the world.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2013, 03:44:35 PM »

Quote from: Canuck on August 22, 2013, 02:18:15 AM

As someone who will only have one console this generation, I'm still perfectly happy with my choice of PS4.
The xbone may have a slight lead in terms of launch games but I'm confident that the PS4 will end up with the best set of exclusives (again). Plus it's $100 cheaper, the hardware is better and I've even been hearing reports from people who spent most of their gaming time with a 360 last gen that the DS4 actually feels better to them than the xbox one controller. 100% satisfied.

And it doesn't have a useless camera accessory included that'll bring around another generation of 'This requires the camera? Ugh. It's crap.' feeling to games like the 360 did with its Kinect line.

I'm quite happy with my PS4 preorder. And I'm trying to stick with one platform this generation, too. That also means no WiiU (and 3DS it seems, as I had it at launch and sold it), so sorry Nintendo. You're just too far behind the times (although I did love my DSL - maybe I'll get the 3DS again at some point).

EDIT: I also don't care about multiplayer much at all. But if I want to try things out, at least I can play F2P games on the PS4 (along with Netflix and everything else) without spending $50 a year.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 03:48:52 PM by Destructor » Logged

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2013, 03:48:10 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on August 22, 2013, 03:44:35 PM

Quote from: Canuck on August 22, 2013, 02:18:15 AM

And it doesn't have a useless camera accessory included that'll bring around another generation of 'This requires the camera? Ugh. It's crap.' feeling to games like the 360 did with its Kinect line.

I'm quite happy with my PS4 preorder. And I'm trying to stick with one platform this generation, too. That also means no WiiU (and 3DS it seems, as I had it at launch and sold it), so sorry Nintendo. You're just too far behind the times (although I did love my DSL - maybe I'll get the 3DS again at some point).

You are missing out if you don't get a 3DS.    It has suprised me and gets far more play than my Vita.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2013, 07:37:33 PM »

I'll probably pickup the XB1 a year after launch when there's a price drop and an established library.  I'm feeling good about my PS4 preorder.  I think developers will go where the money is, and in this case, that translates to user base.  It seems like the PS4 will have a nice footprint in NA based on preorders.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2013, 09:32:27 PM »

I have nothing preordered, partly because I've been unemployed for the last 83 days.  This will likely carry over to a diminished tax return, so it may be a year or more after luanch before I pick up any next gen.  I assume that a consensus will have formed by then.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2013, 09:37:10 PM »

the consensus is we want to Hadron shuffle this fall!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2013, 09:40:27 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on August 22, 2013, 09:37:10 PM

I'm not sure I want to see the Hardon shuffle biggrin

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2013, 10:39:38 PM »

I do wish they would announce fight stick and steering wheel options now though. 
http://gamingtrend.com/2013/08/21/xbox-one-to-get-force-feedback-wheel/

At the bottom of that article, I mention the Killer Instinct Arcade Fightstick TE2 as well.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2013, 10:46:46 PM »

Madcatz has both the wheel and stick, but I need prices and preorder info slywink
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2013, 10:46:57 PM »

I have preordered both (consoles, 50 deposit each). I also have a second controller w PnC, + an extra PnC. Software : Forza, Ryse and DR3 preordered.

My GF is horrible with remotes - here's to hoping it DOES make TV easier. Also, Kinect 2.0 shows a lot of promise in that the market won't be fragmented and devs can use it for little things (voicecomm, HRTF, minor gestures). My kid loved the NatGeoTV, so there's that too.

I'm thinking of passing on all current-gen game releases this year to go with Watch Dogs and (eventually) GTAV. The last one didn't wow me, so I'm skeptical that it's worth my cash.

My PS4 order may go unfulfilled if I don't have the OT cash this fall - or it may become a flip for someone else. One of my buddies was interested.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 10:53:12 PM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2013, 10:47:54 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 22, 2013, 09:40:27 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on August 22, 2013, 09:37:10 PM

I'm not sure I want to see the Hardon shuffle biggrin

smile

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2013, 10:54:20 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on August 22, 2013, 10:46:46 PM

Madcatz has both the wheel and stick, but I need prices and preorder info slywink

Thrustmaster has a wheel too.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 11:18:30 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2013, 10:59:55 PM »

All this talk about needing a wheel. Is the current Microsoft wheel for xbox360 not compatible with XBOX1?
I find it hard to believe most of you don't own the wheel already.

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2013, 11:05:14 PM »

Never mind.. This is some bull... I swear every time I read something else I'm less intrigued to get the Xbox1 on launch day or even year. I invested heavily in my 360 urggghhhhhh  Head meets wall.
Xbox One was designed from the ground up with entirely new technology to deliver a new generation of experiences for both games and entertainment. For example, the Wireless Controller will connect to the console using high speed data transfer to enable higher fidelity headset audio and future controller add-on experiences that are not possible with Xbox 360 wireless technology.

Additionally, the all-new Kinect sensor's ability to locate the wireless controller is dependent on new technology. In order for Xbox One to deliver robust, meaningful gaming scenarios for all users across all experiences, only Xbox One controllers and accessories will work with the new console.

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2013, 11:12:06 PM »

Well I finally gave in and cancelled my Xbone preorder last night. No special achievement for me.

I hope Vita remote play is the real deal. One of the other reasons I am excited for the PS4.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2013, 11:38:05 PM »

Quote from: JuniorDan on August 22, 2013, 11:05:14 PM

Never mind.. This is some bull... I swear every time I read something else I'm less intrigued to get the Xbox1 on launch day or even year. I invested heavily in my 360 urggghhhhhh  Head meets wall.
Xbox One was designed from the ground up with entirely new technology to deliver a new generation of experiences for both games and entertainment. For example, the Wireless Controller will connect to the console using high speed data transfer to enable higher fidelity headset audio and future controller add-on experiences that are not possible with Xbox 360 wireless technology.

Additionally, the all-new Kinect sensor's ability to locate the wireless controller is dependent on new technology. In order for Xbox One to deliver robust, meaningful gaming scenarios for all users across all experiences, only Xbox One controllers and accessories will work with the new console.

As annoying as it feels, I can't be too mad that something that has been around that long is obsolete.  That's how computers work.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: