http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 05:06:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How are the Far Cry mods?  (Read 2322 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2004, 03:41:22 PM »

I've been to some of the web pages devoted to Far Cry and was planning to DL the SDK and play with it to see what I could come up with. Any thoughts on Far Cry mods in general and which ones really stand out as stellar achievements?

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 11:08:51 AM »

I was wondering the same thing.  I guess the lack of responses says it all.  There must not be any I guess.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2004, 01:58:52 PM »

I wouldn't know... I was pissed off enough about the 1.3 patch thing that I haven't reinstalled since.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2004, 02:23:37 PM »

In theory they're working on another patch right now, so take that for what it's worth. I've got a book mark at home to a site dedicated to Far Cry stuff, but I've not explored it much. One of these days though...

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2004, 02:28:25 PM »

I'm interested as well, although I have not heard of anything like the breakout mods that came out for Battlefield 1942 for example.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2004, 06:38:59 PM »

I think it's the fact that the Source engine has a bigger name so it will be getting the majority of the next cool mods.  Does the Crytek engine support multiplayer?  I've only played the game a little on a friend's computer (mine won't do it justice) and I was very impressed by the atmosphere of the game and the visuals are just plain awesome.  I'd love to have a multiplayer game on one of those islands.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2004, 06:50:14 PM »

I read in the HL2 PC Lamer that there is a Tresspaser mod (not sure if it's a TC or not) in the works, complete with dinosaurs. That would rule all. biggrin

Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2004, 07:18:37 PM »

I'm with clanwolfer. I want a new working patch that fixes all the little nags the game has before I bother touching it again.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Falator
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2004, 07:37:54 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
I read in the HL2 PC Lamer that there is a Tresspaser mod (not sure if it's a TC or not) in the works, complete with dinosaurs. That would rule all. biggrin

I won't buy it unless i can look down and see my character's HUGE breasts which also happen to have my health meter (heart tattoo) on them :lol:
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2004, 08:21:16 PM »

Quote from: "Biyobi"
I think it's the fact that the Source engine has a bigger name so it will be getting the majority of the next cool mods.  Does the Crytek engine support multiplayer?  I've only played the game a little on a friend's computer (mine won't do it justice) and I was very impressed by the atmosphere of the game and the visuals are just plain awesome.  I'd love to have a multiplayer game on one of those islands.

Far Cry's multiplayer is pretty standard.  It's as generic as SOF2's, but without the great feel that kept me going back to SOF2 multiplayer for quite a while.  A few more distinctive weapons would keep it a lot more interesting.  Of course, it doesn't help that they released a 1.3 patch to fix quite a few bugs, and only THEN discovered it FUBARed the game with an astonishing amount of configurations, THEN declined to issue a rollback patch.  I got to the uninstalling the entire game part, then decided to reinstall when it's worth it.

Guess what?  It hasn't been, yet.

Sharpshooter
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2004, 04:38:56 AM »

http://www.farcrycoop.de.vu/

There's a coop mod out.  It works pretty well.  My buddy and I played about 4 levels last night and the only bugs we noticed were a few sync issues like helicopters not being visible to anyone but the host.
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2004, 01:30:51 PM »

Does it take 2 copies of the game for coop mod?

morlac00 on PSN
Sharpshooter
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2004, 02:33:59 AM »

We were doing playing a lan so it only took one cd.  Over the internet would probably require two cd-keys.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2004, 02:59:16 AM »

Could you PK each other? smile

mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2004, 11:09:24 AM »

Anywhere else you can get that mod?  That site makes you register first.  I even tried and it still won't let me login.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Kestrel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2004, 06:34:24 PM »

Hi mikeg -

FWIW, I tried to register at a site lately and they wouldn't let me - e-mail denied.  I contacted them and they sent a message a couple days later.  

They said that they had been attacked and that the problem had come from non-isp issued e-mail addresses, so they are denying registrations on that basis.  I sent in my ISP issued address and they signed me right up.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2004, 07:12:55 PM »

Looks like a bunch of sites have it for download by putting in "FarCry COOP Mod Av8.2" in Google.  Filefront, GamersHell, etc. all seem to have it available for download.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: