http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 11:47:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home Uninstalled?  (Read 718 times)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2009, 12:12:03 AM »

I took Home off of my PS3, but the damn icon is still there and the row defaults to it instead of the PS Store.  Is there a way to get rid of that?  Also, how do I tell if it's really uninstalled?

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
somoflange
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 12:41:40 AM »

I think the icon is there in case you want to install it again, the folding@home (whatever it's called now) does the same thing.

If you click it I bet it offers to download and install home, only way I can think of to verify it. it's probably a stub.

You should probably check the game saves and game data too, lots of things put crap there.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 12:44:18 AM by somoflange » Logged

PSN: plantatreeforlee
Live: blastdsamoflanj
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 01:52:19 AM »

I just updated to 2.6 this morning but didnt notice anything different in the interface. Where does one actually go to access 'home' ?
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 03:12:06 AM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on February 06, 2009, 01:52:19 AM

I just updated to 2.6 this morning but didnt notice anything different in the interface. Where does one actually go to access 'home' ?

It's right above the Store icon.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 03:21:26 AM »

If anyone figures out how to make the icon go away, let me know.  I suspect that they won't let you get rid of it, even though after you try it, you'll want to completely eradicate the POS from your system.

Canuck

I live in Japan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 11:06:02 AM »

Yeah I don't like it cause I can't go directly into the store I actually have to pay attention to what I click on lest I accidentally install that piece of garbage again.  I'm sure that that's what Sony is hoping by arranging it that way.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 12:37:56 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on February 06, 2009, 03:21:26 AM

If anyone figures out how to make the icon go away, let me know.  I suspect that they won't let you get rid of it, even though after you try it, you'll want to completely eradicate the POS from your system.

The icon is always there, regardless of whether or not you've previously installed Home. Home is installed through this shortcut on the main PS3 menu, and not through the PS Store. It's not a leftover from your installation.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 01:08:41 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on February 06, 2009, 12:37:56 PM

Quote from: Chaz on February 06, 2009, 03:21:26 AM

The icon is always there, regardless of whether or not you've previously installed Home. Home is installed through this shortcut on the main PS3 menu, and not through the PS Store. It's not a leftover from your installation.

Yeah, I figured that.  I'd just rather it not be there at all because, as has been stated, it defaults to that instead of the store.  Unsurprising that Sony won't let us delete it.

TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 01:25:57 PM »

Well, they do aspire to have Home be our main portal to PS3 content, so it's only natural for them to make it a default. It'll probably be moved when Home completely flops. Tongue
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 05:27:55 PM »

hmm,i think there is a way when you highlight the HOME(or videos or music)..press Triangle and go to infomation and it will show you the size,i did it the other day(as my HOME is still on my ps3...for now)..and it had over 3gig in the infomation

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: