http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 11:02:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Holy crap - Goldeneye DS!! (&Dragon Quest + Katamari Dam  (Read 1682 times)
Dimmona
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2005, 05:03:08 AM »

From the upcoming Nintendo Power. Other titles mentioned as coming down the pipe:
Baten Kaitos DS
Xenosaga DS
Goldeneye: Rogue Agent
Age of Empires DS
Pac & Roll
Shogun Warriors DS

Goldeneye will support 8 player multiplayer wirelessly; Age Of Empires supports 4.   *faints*

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 05:18:41 AM »

looks like ninento was holdin some of the nasty games til PSP was a lil bit closer... some interestin choices comin up for people maybe?
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 05:58:58 AM »

There is nothing about dragon quest in that article. perhaps you should edit the title.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2005, 08:56:36 AM »

I don't know if it's in the article, but Square Enix has announced two Dragon Quest games for the DS - a DQ Monsters game and a Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest game, in addition to FF3.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2005, 09:01:07 AM »

Quote from: "EddieA"
I don't know if it's in the article, but Square Enix has announced two Dragon Quest games for the DS - a DQ Monsters game and a Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest game, in addition to FF3.

I see! I didnt know that at all. Im dissapointed, since I dont want my DQ on a system I will never, ever buy frown
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2005, 12:12:57 PM »

Quote from: "Rage"

I see! I didnt know that at all. Im dissapointed, since I dont want my DQ on a system I will never, ever buy frown

Don't worry, I am sure DQ and FF will both be on the PSP before long, in vastly better quality than is possible on the DS.

XBox Live: Hetz OO
PSN: Hetz76
Steam: hetz_gg
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2005, 12:16:01 PM »

The only title on that list that I remotely care about is the New Super Mario Bros game, since it won't be available on any other system and I've been wanting a new Super Mario game for a LONG time. Curse you Nintendo, why are you bringing it out for the DS?? Why not the GBA, the ultimate 2D system? Oh well.

Age of Empires? No thanks, I've got that on my computer already and judging by the screenshots I have seen from the Nintendo Power, I won't be missing much as it seems to be a turn based game now on the DS.

JayG
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005, 01:56:52 PM »

Strangely enough, it's the fact that it's turn based that really appeals to me. I'd love a civ/AoW type portable game. I can't get into the Fire Emblem/Advance Wars cutesy type games.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2005, 02:29:57 PM »

Who's developing Goldeneye?  The recent sequel was a disappointment, IIRC.
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2005, 04:12:37 PM »

Quote from: "Hetz"
The only title on that list that I remotely care about is the New Super Mario Bros game, since it won't be available on any other system and I've been wanting a new Super Mario game for a LONG time. Curse you Nintendo, why are you bringing it out for the DS?? Why not the GBA, the ultimate 2D system? Oh well.

Age of Empires? No thanks, I've got that on my computer already and judging by the screenshots I have seen from the Nintendo Power, I won't be missing much as it seems to be a turn based game now on the DS.

AoE is turn based? I hadnt seen that. Well, my interest wanes a little bit with that. Still intriguing though. Anyone know where some screens of AoE are?
shang
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2005, 05:33:40 PM »

Here's a couple of AoE shots: http://s91397629.onlinehome.us/aoera001.jpg

Looks a lot like a handheld Civ, which isn't a bad thing at all.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2005, 09:51:45 PM »

*Sigh* Is it possible to get thru one thread that contains Nintendo related information without Rage + Hetz getting in their "OMG NINTENDO SUXORS SONY/MS RuL3z!!!111oneone"

Didn't think so...

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Hetz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2005, 10:10:10 PM »

Quote from: "Dimmona"
*Sigh* Is it possible to get thru one thread that contains Nintendo related information without Rage + Hetz getting in their "OMG NINTENDO SUXORS SONY/MS RuL3z!!!111oneone"

Didn't think so...

Nintendo doesn't suck. I bought the Gamecube, GBA and DS. I think the Nintendo GBA is a great machine and the Gamecube is alright. It's too bad that Nintendo screwed the pooch once again with the 3rd party titles or it could have been a real contender.

I personally think the DS is horrid. The N64 type graphics are just not going to cut it next to the PSP's PS2 quality. The GBA did 2D, but it did it DAMN WELL. The DS does 3D and it looks craptacular. I bought one and it ranks up there with one of the worst videogame related purchases I have ever made. The lack of quality software for it, many months down the line, is astounding. There is only so many times you can play the mini games in SM64 (the ONLY fun I have had on this system) before wondering "what the $#&# was I thinking in buying this??".

I really hope they don't have the DS with that Goldeneye game running next to a 3D shooter for the PSP in the stores or Nintendo is never going to recover.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2005, 10:23:44 PM »

Didn't think so...

Are we crying? ARE WE CRYING YET??? I, for the record, did not do my normal "nintendo sucks" in this thread. I just said for the record I had no intention of buying the DS, which seems like a halfpowered, half-cocked idea that the PSP is going to be superior too in nearly every category. If thats too anti-nintendo for you, then you need to either relax, or stop defending the company so vociferously that you are unable to consider any other viewpoint.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2005, 11:40:42 PM »

Doesn't the PSP practically cost twice as much as the DS, and aren't the games ten to twenty bucks more? Jesus, we're video game fanatics, we should know better than to say graphics alone make a game.

I don't own a DS. I don't want one - yet. I don't think that the DS has many games out at the moment that would warrent a purchase. But Metroid, Zelda, Mario, Katamari, Rogue Agent, Mario Kart, Online Animal Crossing - those are potentially solid titles.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2005, 01:31:29 AM »

Didn't think so...

Lol. I`m not saying I remember those two guys being especially negative towards nintendo, BUT...there`s always someone saying something negative about something! :roll: Even me sometimes!! :wink:

Also...there`s always lots of angles to a story. The PSP can NOT do anything like those mini games. No touch screen=no games like that...or like starcraft etc, which are possible only on the ds. Nintendo tried something new, which more people should try. The same old, same old, doesn`t get me too far anymore. Plus like someone mentioned the psp games cost more, the system costs more. Don`t get me wrong the more I look at the psp, I think I might want one, but not to replace my ds, but in addition to my ds.
 Last night the wife and I had some adult beverages and played warioware touched and mario 64DS. You simply can NOT get that experience anywhere else. The graphics are good on the ds, just not great...yet. I`m sure there will be a few games out later this year and later in the generation that REALLY look nice on the ds. I`m done shooting out my random comments. :wink:
ravenvii

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2005, 01:52:57 AM »

Heh, the title sort of fooled me into thinking "Goldeneye 007 for the DS?! I'M SOLD!!!"... but then when I read the post and reality comes crashing down, I realized it ain't the Rare masterpiece, it's just that game from EA, which sucked. Bah.

...in addition to FF3.

Holy shit. Final Fantasy III coming to the DS?! Well I'll be damned!

Quote from: "Harpua3"
Last night the wife and I had some adult beverages and played warioware touched and mario 64DS. You simply can NOT get that experience anywhere else. The graphics are good on the ds, just not great...yet. I`m sure there will be a few games out later this year and later in the generation that REALLY look nice on the ds. I`m done shooting out my random comments. :wink:

WarioWare and beverages... shit, I gotta try that...
Harpua3

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2005, 02:24:23 AM »

Hehe, it`s alot of fun indeed!
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2005, 04:02:22 AM »

Quote from: "Rage"

Are we crying? ARE WE CRYING YET??? I, for the record, did not do my normal "nintendo sucks" in this thread. I just said for the record I had no intention of buying the DS, which seems like a halfpowered, half-cocked idea that the PSP is going to be superior too in nearly every category. If thats too anti-nintendo for you, then you need to either relax, or stop defending the company so vociferously that you are unable to consider any other viewpoint.

*sigh*

Edit:
Now that I think about it, I really shouldn't have lumped Hetz in with Rage in my original post.  I don't get offended when people don't like CompanyX or GameY; everyone has their own opinion and the whole reason I've been visiting this little corner of the Internet for so many years it the way we're able to intelligently discuss those opinions on the passion we all share - gaming.  While Hetz has disagreed with many of BigN's moves over the years, at least he intelligently and specifically discuesses what he has issues with and why.  

That said Rage, I think your anti-Nintendo posts have been wandering into 'trolling' territory for quite some time, and it has really gotten annoying to me.  If I wanted to revisit the fanboy wars of 2001, I would be hanging out over on the IGN boards smile

DS WiFi Friends Codes
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: