http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 11:58:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hmm...should I keep my 360??  (Read 933 times)
Americanidle
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2007, 03:47:41 AM »

Okay. Here's the deal. I have all the major consoles and I find myself not playing games as much as I used to. I am keeping my Wii and PS3 for sure but I keep wondering about my 360. It seems that all the third party upcoming games are marked for both the PS3 and the 360. The only games that I can think of coming for the 360 that I would play if I could would be Ninja Gaiden 2 and GOW 2. I could imagine versions of those games showing up on PS3 though. Can anyone convince me to keep it?
Calvin
Gaming Trend Senior Member

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 04:00:31 AM »

Quote from: Americanidle on September 24, 2007, 03:47:41 AM

Okay. Here's the deal. I have all the major consoles and I find myself not playing games as much as I used to. I am keeping my Wii and PS3 for sure but I keep wondering about my 360. It seems that all the third party upcoming games are marked for both the PS3 and the 360. The only games that I can think of coming for the 360 that I would play if I could would be Ninja Gaiden 2 and GOW 2. I could imagine versions of those games showing up on PS3 though. Can anyone convince me to keep it?

GoW2 will never, under any circumstances so long as MS owns the option, appear on PS3. Period. NG2 is also now exclusively published by MS, and will never, ever see light of day on PS3, period. So consider that. Also, man, just really look at the lineups coming up for both systems. I own both it and the PS3. For my money and the games coming out I woudl choose the 360 every time in a heartbeat.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 04:08:29 AM »

do you seriously want to get rid of the thrill of turning on you 360 not knowing whether you may get the red rings of death?  LIVE DANGEROUSLY MAN!!!

(besides, MS only screws over people named Eduardo X)

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 05:02:23 AM »

Get rid of it.  I recommend using a large caliber pistol, or perhaps some dynamite.

Just to be sure.

The undead consoles are the worst ones.

ninja

Pikachu, I Blame you!
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 05:13:40 AM »

The PS3 does have lots of games coming out for it, and a lot more are in the works.

Besides the now well known FF13 and MGS4 exclusivity, Sony has a deal with Epic to create a new game exclusively for the PS3.  That means Epic won't be working on the next gears and their next game will be on the PS3.  At the same time there's Killzone 2, which has a similar stop and pop style of gameplay that's cover oriented, but all in first person view.  Let's not forget the inevitable multiplatform clones.  Simply put, Sony isn't resting on its laurels, with the system launch well over with, they're really pushing for some new games.  I'm really interested to see what Quantic Dream is doing with Heavy Rain, for instance, that one is unannounced, but Sony recently started funding them to produce that game, likely a second party arrangement.

The Ninja Gaiden series is good, but not my cup of tea so I can't comment on it that much.  I never liked the overly hardcore, absurd breast size and bouncyness style of NG, but at the same time the fast reflex and fluid animation based combat of NG is so far unmatched.  But keep in mind that Sony has been very good at getting that genre of beat/slash-em-up in the past.  Devil May Cry is multiplatform, but God of War 3 is Sony, same with Heavenly Sword.

Yes, I know the 360 does have a lot of titles now and you know of some of the big upcoming ones this year, more than the PS3 no doubt.  But those are the 2nd year titles for the 360, while the PS3 is just on the first and are still going through the titles started on or near the PS3 release.  Not to mention there's still quite a list for the PS3 this year.

My tip to you, if you want to sell the 360, do it now.  But that's only so that you can rebuy a non-faulty version of the 360 hardware in the future for games like Mass Effect and some of the other big titles.  My 360 just started crapping out on me for absolutely no reason.  It's been idle for months now while I waited for Halo 3 and now on the eve of its release it craps out.  That's not a feeling you want to deal with.  So sell now while your model is still worth something, then buy much later when more games are out that you want to play and after they've dealt with the hardware issues.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 06:09:08 AM »

No. Sell it  Roll Eyes

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 07:05:01 AM »

Yes. Keep it  Roll Eyes
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2007, 07:10:37 AM »

wait.  sell low  'tarded!

Because I can,
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2007, 07:13:45 AM »

honestly if halo 3 mass effect and orange box hold no interest to you (three of the big games coming in the next two months that im excited about just a bit smile - and are exclusive) id say sell it.  ng2 is just one game, and frankly has gears 2 even been announced?  by the time it comes out you can see if its really worth getting another 360 (course i personally would probably just let it sit there if i ever thought id buy it again)

consider if its worth having some (very mild and occasional) stuttering and / or lower framerates in cross platform stuff - if that rarity doesnt bother you and you dont care about the few games i listed above, i really dont think its worth it to play one game
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 07:14:31 AM »

Absolutely not.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 07:15:09 AM »

and thinking about it, the half life game probably isnt that big a deal to you either if youve played it to death already on pc
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 09:27:42 AM »

get rid of the Wii and PS3...oh wait...thats advice for me...sorry icon_confused Tongue

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 03:01:33 PM »

Quote from: Doopri on September 24, 2007, 07:13:45 AM

frankly has gears 2 even been announced?  

I'm pretty sure it's a foregone conclusion that we'll see it in a couple of years.  but that's a couple of years.

Because I can,
depward

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 03:04:40 PM »

I vote nay

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 03:11:17 PM »

Just depends on the exclusives really.  If it's worth the money you'd gain by selling it to play the handful of games that won't be released for the PS3, keep it.  If not, sell it.

Personally, I wouldn't sell the 360, but I'm also not replacing mine should it ever explode without a free replacement.

gellar
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: