http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 08:14:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HL2 Level Help Thread  (Read 10866 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2004, 07:21:19 PM »

Quote from: "godhugh"
There's a door there which has a beam keeping it from opening. Go into the room that's to the side so you can see the beam. Use the grav gun to move the beam out of the way and you can go on.

Took me a while to figure that part out as well.

Thanks a lot man!  I'll do it when I get home.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: December 12, 2004, 10:34:21 PM »

I got very irritated at that point too.  You are right, go into the room on the right of those two locked double doors and you will be in a side room that has a wire mesh window from which you can grav gun the crossbar that is holding the door closed.  Then off you go.  I jumpled all over that place, walked on rails, and dived to my death 50 times until I noticed that.

From then on I never got stuck.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2004, 11:33:25 AM »

Ok i'm getting some serious motion sickness and i hope i'm getting close to the end of a level or i'm throwing in the towel.  I'm in the buggy level and i just lifted the buggy up and i'm on the raod again.  
#1.  Am i relatively close to the end of the level?
#2.  What is the key you have to use to make super long jumps while in the buggy?
#3.  If i have a ways to go, what is the console cheat to skip a level?  It's either that or i can't continue.

Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2004, 09:41:32 PM »

1. You're well over halfway but I don't recall how much was after that
2. <shift> is buggy turbo
3. not sure on that one

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
\/\/olverine
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 16, 2004, 12:33:31 AM »

**NEED HELP WITH ENTANGLEMENT**

Ok i'm in that room where you are locked in and there are four entrances and the soldiers keep flowing in, your supposed to set up 3 turrets to help you but they dont do shit for me. What's a good strategy?
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: December 16, 2004, 12:52:37 AM »

Quote from: "\/\/olverine"
**NEED HELP WITH ENTANGLEMENT**

Ok i'm in that room where you are locked in and there are four entrances and the soldiers keep flowing in, your supposed to set up 3 turrets to help you but they dont do shit for me. What's a good strategy?

There are a lot of good strategies, which I am sure people will enlighten you with.  I think people have figued out the optimum placement for the turrets.  I didn't, so here's what I did on two runs through there:

The way I did it was to set the turrets up to cover the main entrances (where they will eventually be knocked out) and then crouch down in one of the lockers.  I just shot the soldiers as they walked in front of me.  When I ran out of ammo I ran like hell to pick up the weapons the dead dropped and then hid again.  Thankfully I didn't have to worry about grenades.

The other time I did it I just kept running around and around shooting as I went.  This worked almost as well as my first strategy.

I just realized that this is some really crappy advice, but I typed it all so I am going to hit "Submit." :twisted:

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 16, 2004, 02:07:27 AM »

The easiest way is to carry the turrents from the levels before along with you smile  That way you end up with 7 or 8 by the end.

If you want to keep the turrents standing you need to keep them pretty far away from the entrances.  I always put two facing one way and one the other in the hallway with the health and energy and them I stand between them with my own gun.  If a turrent falls, then I just pick it up with the grav gun.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 16, 2004, 04:06:03 AM »

Quote from: "\/\/olverine"

there are ton of different ways that people have come up with for this area.  here's what i did (on my second try...once i knew what was coming)...

i used the gravity gun to grab every large item in the surrounding area that i could find (crates, tables, file cabinets, chairs, etc) and threw them downstairs so that they would block the entrances before i jumped over the rail.  for example, i took the long table out of the upstairs security station and dropped it straight down over the rail...then went downstairs and used the grav gun to set it right next to an entrance.  it fit perfectly to block one doorway on its own.  with a little effort, i was able to block all of the entrances before i jumped down...then i jumped the rail and started the attack.  i took the turrets over by the small room on the right and set one up facing toward each entrance on that side of the area...they easily took out any guys that were stuck behind the junk.  i hid out in the little side room and kept one turret in there with me just in case somebody got through.  the only enemies i really had to worry about were the manhacks, and killing a couple Combine that were standing outside the entrances on the opposite side (away from the turrets).  i got rid of them by carrying a turret through the center room toward the other side and setting it down at the corner to take them out.  i think i actually finished that entire sequence without actually firing a shot from my own gun Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
\/\/olverine
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 16, 2004, 08:30:26 AM »

What the fuck this area is ridiculously fucking stupid... I just cant get past it. The turrets don't do a god damn thing cause the soldiers just run up and knock them over, and I found a decent spot to hide but... See I hide in one of the lockers the turrets were placed in, the one in front of the health dispenser. But its fucking stupid because it takes too long to get health from the thing and half the time I pick up a weapon on accident instead of activating the health.

This part really fucking sucks... been going at it for over an hour now. Not saying I don't like the game, I guess every game has its stupid piece of shit spots that NO ONE likes but the developers thought it would be fun to frustrate us with. But seriously though, what the hell am I supposed to do I've tried everything. All the tips i've gotten so far seem to rely on luck, like you were lucky no grenades were tossed or whatever. Also, how come the enemies have a faster shooting rate with their shotties than us?

Oh well, back to trying again.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2004, 09:23:52 AM »

wolverine...have you tried my suggestion about blocking the entrances?
by doing that, i got through without a scratch and never had a to shoot a guard with my own weapons.  the turrets did every bit of the work, and all but one guard was dead before i even stuck my head out of that little side room...only thing i saw of was a pile of bodies.  not a single Combine even made it through an entrance (with the exception of manhacks, but those are easily destroyed)...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2004, 12:19:47 PM »

ok, i'm still stuck at the point where i have to jump a bridge with my buggy and theres a ship shooting at me.  i must have remapped my key that lets me jump bridges, but for the life of me i cant figure out which key it is.  any way to reset the keys to default?

jonsauce
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 16, 2004, 02:09:56 PM »

wolverine...have you tried my suggestion about blocking the entrances?

Yup, blocking the entrance to wherever you are hiding is the way to go.  I played through this part on hard last night and never had to reload.  One of my guns got knocked over at the end by a manhack I shot away with the Gravity Gun but other than that it was a breeze.

Now Playing
--------------
NHL 09
NFL Head Coach 09
Red Faction Guerilla
Rockband 2
jonsauce
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 16, 2004, 02:10:39 PM »

ok, i'm still stuck at the point where i have to jump a bridge with my buggy and theres a ship shooting at me. i must have remapped my key that lets me jump bridges, but for the life of me i cant figure out which key it is. any way to reset the keys to default?

I'd assume you can just remap your controls in the options menu, but I don't have access to the game at the moment so I don't know for sure.

Now Playing
--------------
NHL 09
NFL Head Coach 09
Red Faction Guerilla
Rockband 2
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 16, 2004, 05:31:33 PM »

ya but i dont see an option for that turbo you need to make long jumps.

jonsauce
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 16, 2004, 05:50:09 PM »

Look for the sprint key, I believe its the same.

Now Playing
--------------
NHL 09
NFL Head Coach 09
Red Faction Guerilla
Rockband 2
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2004, 04:21:03 PM »

Quote from: "jonsauce"
Look for the sprint key, I believe its the same.

Yes, it's the Sprint key.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Baron Of Hell
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 28, 2004, 12:20:48 AM »

Gman sighting

So far I have yet to see the gman a single time except at the very start when he is talking to you. Is there a spot where it is almost impossible to miss him? So far I'm doing a reverse cheat thing where I read the walkthrough after I have completed the level. I managed to that son of b each time. I'm at the point where me and my ant homies are storming the prison.

Should I just give up the hunt for gman and cheat or is there at least one spot where I would have to be blind to miss him?

GoneGold refugee, needs food and place to stay
Andrew Wonser

A porcupine quilt made of porcupine quills.

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 28, 2004, 07:08:50 PM »

It really isn't like the first game where you turn a corner and there he is. This time around he is much more content to pull the strings from a distance. Which probably has to do with the fact that he sent you there, and has a vested interest, versus just watching what you were doing.

I only saw him once (Red Barn) and didn't realize that until I went here. Minor to Major Spoilers. If you stick with just the pictures on the top you should be fine.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: