http://gamingtrend.com
August 01, 2014, 03:57:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HL2 Level Help Thread  (Read 10880 times)
naednek
Global Moderator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2004, 07:31:47 PM »

Hello, lets try to keep any level help  requests in one thread.

I was about to post my problem but think I just figured it out biggrin
BigRedCat
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 07:55:26 PM »

*early spoiler before crowbar*
I was just wondering how everyone else met Alyx. I actually wondering if there are different or better ways to play. I ran across some building roofs until I found a window to jump in. I ran down the stairs and was shocked into submission. Then Alyx beat the guards up and rescued me.  I was wondering if this always happens or if there was a better way across the roofs or something.
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 08:01:14 PM »

*SPOILER*

*SPOILER*

Yah that happened to me and I thought shit I'm fucked. Tried to go to up the stairs and they broke.  If you could would you put a bigger warning on there spoiler though if you can and more space. You don't want to spoil any part of the game for anyone.

Ascendent
jessie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 12:59:16 AM »

**SPOILER**

SPOILER!!!!!

Okay, I'm stuck in a room that has a metal grate floor, a ton of barrels i blew up and some water underneath with a pipe going through the wall that's a good 10 feet above the water line.  this pipe leads to the next room, i assume I have to go through, but I cant get up to that pipe.  I've tried stacking the barrels underwater (and above) to get to the pipe, but there's no way I can.  anyone with a tip on how to get through?

http://www.grandtheftblogger.com

XBOX Live! Gamer Tag: jessthelaw
Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 01:01:56 AM »

*SPOILER*

*SPOILER*

Yes in the room there's a valve that will raise the water line above the pipe then you just swim through.  If you get stuck on the next part think about floating boxes.

Ascendent
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 01:02:35 AM »

Climb up the ladder you came up, turn around and jump onto the pipe.  You'll use the ladder again, too.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004, 04:42:10 AM »

Now I'm stuck.

SPOILER FOLLOWS

got to the part where the girl gives you the airboat. I ride it to the red barn place, but can't seem to find anything to do there (except kill a couple of zombies). I get back in the boat, and hit the first ramp, over the wall, and go forth and collect the supplies the guy drops from the bridge.

Now to me, it appears that I have to somehow make a new ramp, to take the airboat over that spot. I tried to run thru the nuke waste, but die within seconds, so I assume I need the boat. Ok.

I notice under the platform, is one blue barrel pushing it up. Plenty of other blue barrels, but damned if i can figure out how to get them under the platform.

It's funny, as I type out the question, I may be solving this in my head. Feel free to throw out a nudge anyway, though smile  

going back in!
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 04:53:23 AM »

ZOMG SPOLIARS!!!1
U HAV BEN WARND!!!1

Just "use" the blue barrels to hold them, swim under water, and release them in the little cage beneath the ramp.  Since the barrels are lighter than water, the force of the barrels trying to float up will push the ramp up.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 05:03:10 AM »

shit. much simpler than I was making it :p

thanks
Louis Cypher

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2004, 05:29:32 AM »

Quote from: "jessie"
**SPOILER**

SPOILER!!!!!

Okay, I'm stuck in a room that has a metal grate floor, a ton of barrels i blew up and some water underneath with a pipe going through the wall that's a good 10 feet above the water line.  this pipe leads to the next room, i assume I have to go through, but I cant get up to that pipe.  I've tried stacking the barrels underwater (and above) to get to the pipe, but there's no way I can.  anyone with a tip on how to get through?

Oh man, I was stuck there for like 15 mins ahaha

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2004, 05:32:57 AM »

Quote from: "Louis Cypher"

Oh man, I was stuck there for like 15 mins ahaha

I have a good friend who's got a pretty high IQ, playing right now, in that room, and he's been stuck for at least 20 minutes.

I'm stuck again.. past the blue barrel part, at the logjam.  :oops:
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2004, 12:52:47 PM »

Jeff, go back a little ways the way you came.  You will find another jump to the left.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
BigRedCat
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2004, 01:52:24 PM »

I love the puzzles in the game. To me they were all intuitive and they require some thought...however on a second playthrough they should be able to be solved quickly, thus none of them are busywork or a pain. Very good design.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2004, 02:22:18 PM »

Quote from: "BigRedCat"
I love the puzzles in the game. To me they were all intuitive and they require some thought...however on a second playthrough they should be able to be solved quickly, thus none of them are busywork or a pain. Very good design.

I agree completely.

I was also stuck on that part with the metal grate floor, where jessie was stuck.

Now I'm at the very end of the air boat section and the only reason I quit is because I was blow up by a few rockets.  

No I have to work and can't play till this evening.  This game has it's hooks completely in me.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2004, 02:54:15 PM »

Eco, you have no idea of what is still in store for you. I finished the air boat saga last night and if that was a game by itself I would have been happy. There were so many times when I'd round a corner at full speed and something would happen that I would literally shout "OH MY GOD!!" that I lost count. The car, the helicopter chases, the G-Man sightings, and on and on and on. I'm lovin' it. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2004, 03:22:04 PM »

Quote from: "IkeVandergraaf"
Jeff, go back a little ways the way you came.  You will find another jump to the left.

Thanks. I need to stop thinking "that doesn't look possible", and just TRY stuff smile
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2004, 04:51:33 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
Eco, you have no idea of what is still in store for you. I finished the air boat saga last night and if that was a game by itself I would have been happy. There were so many times when I'd round a corner at full speed and something would happen that I would literally shout "OH MY GOD!!" that I lost count. The car, the helicopter chases, the G-Man sightings, and on and on and on. I'm lovin' it. biggrin

Yea, I've already been amazed.  

Spoiler
I really couldn't believe it when that huge brick tower collapsed right in front of me, or the car.  I had my speakers cranked up and was almost standing up playing it I was so on edge.   Do you know if the rocket launcher that is being shot at you will be available to use later in the game?  Just curious.  The rockets look so good I would love to be able to fire the weapon myself.  I want a multiplayer mode in this same setting so bad.  

The game is number 2 on  my all-time list, creeping up on Unreal Tournament.  UT could very well be dethroned...
BigRedCat
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2004, 06:28:32 PM »

Quote from: "Eco-Logic"

Yea, I've already been amazed.  

Spoiler
I really couldn't believe it when that huge brick tower collapsed right in front of me, or the car.  I had my speakers cranked up and was almost standing up playing it I was so on edge.   Do you know if the rocket launcher that is being shot at you will be available to use later in the game?  Just curious.  The rockets look so good I would love to be able to fire the weapon myself.  I want a multiplayer mode in this same setting so bad.  

The game is number 2 on  my all-time list, creeping up on Unreal Tournament.  UT could very well be dethroned...

As regards the rocket launcher....oh hells yes you get to use it, many times, against many sorts of enemies. You've got a lot of game ahead of you.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2004, 08:13:19 PM »

As regards the rocket launcher....oh hells yes you get to use it, many times, against many sorts of enemies. You've got a lot of game ahead of you.

Sweet!

Today on my lunch break I passed the air boat mission and received the gravity gun smile
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2004, 08:26:02 PM »

Quote from: "Eco-Logic"

Sweet!

Today on my lunch break I passed the air boat mission and received the gravity gun smile

Playing catch with Dog is a blast. smile Also, Gravity Gun + Big Ass Saw Blade = Rockin' Fun Time. biggrin

Much has been made of the Gravity Gun but it's all true. In a game where real world physics apply (for the most part) it's a dream come true to wield. Hell, I've grabbed furniture and just tossed it for fun. smile

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Dudd
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2004, 09:48:27 PM »

All right, I just got the gun attached to my air boat, and I seem to have come to a dead end.  I just plowed my way past a whole bunch of guys, came to a clearing (new load), and then entered what appeared to be a harbor with two half sunken ships.  Two vehicles were firing rockets at me, and I took both of them out with my gun.  Now, it looks like there is a tube up high in one of the walls, but I can't figure out how to get into it.  There is a ramp leading into this tube and a ramp next to one of the sunken ships, but I can't figure out how to get the air ship past the columns and the rock pile to get in a position where I can jump from one ramp to the other.  So, I've basically been driving around randomly shooting for the last ten minutes, hoping something explodes and opens up a hole.  Any one got some better ideas?
Sepiche

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2004, 09:49:10 PM »

Just to taunt you guys still playing through the game:
SUPER Gravity Gun + Fusion Spheres = ... Is "asskickitude" a word? smile

s

And when he had failed to find these boons in things whose laws are known and measurable, they told him he lacked imagination, and was immature because he preferred dream-illusions to the illusions of our physical creation
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2004, 09:51:58 PM »

Quote from: "Dudd"
All right, I just got the gun attached to my air boat, and I seem to have come to a dead end.  I just plowed my way past a whole bunch of guys, came to a clearing (new load), and then entered what appeared to be a harbor with two half sunken ships.  Two vehicles were firing rockets at me, and I took both of them out with my gun.  Now, it looks like there is a tube up high in one of the walls, but I can't figure out how to get into it.  There is a ramp leading into this tube and a ramp next to one of the sunken ships, but I can't figure out how to get the air ship past the columns and the rock pile to get in a position where I can jump from one ramp to the other.  So, I've basically been driving around randomly shooting for the last ten minutes, hoping something explodes and opens up a hole.  Any one got some better ideas?

Go to the corner where the pier legs start (opposite from where the ramp is), get out of the boat and look in the half sunken large container there. That one took me a long time as well. smile

Dudd
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2004, 09:53:29 PM »

Quote from: "Dudd"

Go to the corner where the pier legs start (opposite from where the ramp is), get out of the boat and look in the half sunken large container there. That one took me a long time as well. smile

That was quick, thanks!
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2004, 11:09:33 PM »

BUGGY LEVEL SPOILER:

On the Buggy ride level, where you have to use the crane, I spent nearly half an hour trying to figure out how in the hell to get my buggy onto the section of road beyond the pier/warehouses.  I tried zapping it up the ramp with the gravity gun, I tried using turbo to shoot myself up the ramp onto the dock, I tried climbing the surrounding terrain.  I was stumped to the point of frustration.  Then I remember the crane.  DOH!

SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2004, 02:20:45 AM »

I'm stuck in the museum.....................

Part with all the lasers that if you trip one of the lasers all the turrets come out and pretty much nuke you. I'm at the last part with 3 lasers on the wall and for the life of my I can't find a way to get past those.

By now someone should be about where I am smile

Bah nevermind I cheated and grabbed one of the mines laying around and did a rocket jump onto the ledge lol. I'm suck a loser smile

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
jonsauce
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2004, 03:05:18 AM »

Part with all the lasers that if you trip one of the lasers all the turrets come out and pretty much nuke you. I'm at the last part with 3 lasers on the wall and for the life of my I can't find a way to get past those.

By now someone should be about where I am  

For anyone else at this point:  The trick is finding a path through the lasers where you don't trip them.  You can start by going straight from the entrance and hop up there.  Then go left and you will get past the first lasers.  From there its not to bad to figure out,

Now Playing
--------------
NHL 09
NFL Head Coach 09
Red Faction Guerilla
Rockband 2
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2004, 11:26:57 AM »

So during the buggy ride when you stop at the big suspension bridge...

I made it all the way out and flipped the switch behind the forcefield.  Do I really have to work my way back while trying to deal with that gunship?  I tried to take it out but its really hard with all the metal bridge beams around.  And those machineguns chew right through your armor.  Any tips?
Goonch
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2004, 01:09:48 PM »

What are you supposed to do at the red barn on the Water Hazard level?
BigRedCat
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2004, 02:12:42 PM »

Go to the attic.
Goonch
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2004, 02:24:05 PM »

Go to the attic.

I did that already. Am I supposed to lower the crane?

Are you supposed to try to find your way to the house that is in the back of the barn?

Thanks for your help!
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2004, 03:24:40 PM »

Quote from: "Goonch"
Go to the attic.

I did that already. Am I supposed to lower the crane?

Are you supposed to try to find your way to the house that is in the back of the barn?

**spoiler**

go to the attic and whack the barrel stuck in the crane winch with your crowbar...that'll make the crane drop and get things moving again.  there's nothing to do with the house.  by the way...did you notice the G-man standing by the bard as you approached?  you were being watched...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2004, 03:56:03 PM »

Quote from: "Demosthenes"
So during the buggy ride when you stop at the big suspension bridge...

I made it all the way out and flipped the switch behind the forcefield.  Do I really have to work my way back while trying to deal with that gunship?  I tried to take it out but its really hard with all the metal bridge beams around.  And those machineguns chew right through your armor.  Any tips?

Yeah, haul ass and don't look down. smile

There is a crate of rocket ammo at the half-way point going back, so you better still have the launcher. And yes, that part is ass-kickingly hard.

Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2004, 04:53:44 PM »

I hated that part with a passion. Nevermind my fear of heights. But yes it was very gratifying to kill that damned gunship. Best thing I can tell you is to just ignore the gunship and make your way as fast as you can back to the rocket chest.

Ascendent
hohum
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2004, 03:59:36 AM »

Help an old dude out guys. In the play on words level,  "Route Kanal" is the exit over the fence adjoining the dumpster? If so, my jumping skills need to improve markedly.

I've stacked everything I can find on top of the dumpster and still can't make it over the friggen fence.

On the other hand, if the dumpster plays no roll,  an obligatory DUH is expected but a slight clue would be greatly appreciated.

Us old folks need all the help we can get.
disarm

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2004, 05:38:51 AM »

Quote from: "hohum"
Help an old dude out guys. In the play on words level,  "Route Kanal" is the exit over the fence adjoining the dumpster? If so, my jumping skills need to improve markedly.

I've stacked everything I can find on top of the dumpster and still can't make it over the friggen fence.

On the other hand, if the dumpster plays no roll,  an obligatory DUH is expected but a slight clue would be greatly appreciated.

Us old folks need all the help we can get.

i just got out of that area yesterday, so i'd be glad to help...if i knew where you were talking about.  can you give a little more detail about your location?  that's a pretty long chapter, and there are fences everywhere...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
hohum
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2004, 06:16:11 AM »

Appreciate the reply disarm.

Let's see if I can pin point the location!  You come up a flight of stairs and encounter a myriad of fences. Directly ahead is an opening to a stairwell and/or an oil tanker which leads to the other side of the tracks. After numerous encounters with baddies which I solved,  I can only find one possible way out. I returned back across the tracks, up the stairwell and immediately to my right is a dumpster with a number of blue plastic trash cans. The dumpster is on my side of a rather tall fence, separating the location where I eliminated a bunch of baddies while on the other side of the tracks.

If you can make head or tails out of that,  your a better man than moi. My problem is getting over that fence to where I eliminated the baddies. It would appear that the dumpster is the only option.

If you need a pic I'll attempt to furnish one but I'm not very proficient in that area, or in playing these damn games it would appear.

Again, whatever assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 20, 2004, 06:23:19 AM »

Hmmm. Is there a gate in the fence with a padlock to shoot? Are any of the train cars close enough to jump from?

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
hohum
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2004, 07:19:35 AM »

No padlocks gryndyl! The train cars and tracks are well below where I'm attempting to exit. No possibility of jumping from them to anything but train tracks.

When I load this level I get a picture directly adjacent to WATER, i.e. canal.

I have yet to see anything resembling "wet" in the entire level.

I think I'll just let Steam spend my $50.00 and move on,  or wait for a walkthrough.

I am appreciative of the reply though.
disarm

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2004, 07:25:11 AM »

Quote from: "hohum"
Appreciate the reply disarm.

Let's see if I can pin point the location!  You come up a flight of stairs and encounter a myriad of fences. Directly ahead is an opening to a stairwell and/or an oil tanker which leads to the other side of the tracks. After numerous encounters with baddies which I solved,  I can only find one possible way out. I returned back across the tracks, up the stairwell and immediately to my right is a dumpster with a number of blue plastic trash cans. The dumpster is on my side of a rather tall fence, separating the location where I eliminated a bunch of baddies while on the other side of the tracks.

i loaded up that area again and found exactly what you're talking about...at the very beginning or 'Route Kanal' right?  here's what you need to do...

first off, forget about jumping that dumpster and getting over the fence...that's not the right way.  you need to stay on the opposite side of the tracks...walk across the top of the train cars to the ladder on the other side and go through the small building (break the boards blocking the doorway with your crowbar).  as soon as you go out the back doorway of the building, there's another fence with a gate in it (to your left) that you have to open (and kill a few Combine guys).  go through the gate and around the corner of the building and you'll see another fence...directly in front of you are the tracks and you'll have to kill a few more guys across the way.  you should see a section of the fence that is actually bent over...jump over that low point in the fence and you should be on your way again Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: