http://gamingtrend.com
November 24, 2014, 12:30:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HL2 how far through am I? -- SPOILERS --  (Read 1524 times)
onnel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2005, 07:59:38 PM »

Enjoying this brilliant game.  Ravenholm was simply stunning.  

I have now just gotten the buggy and headed out on the beach.  How far through am I?  I don't want it to end!

Onnel
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED
Gaming Trend Senior Member

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 08:16:43 PM »

A little more than 1/2 way.  The buggy is the second and final of the two gigantic, wide-open levels (the first is the boat).

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
onnel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 09:00:12 PM »

Ooh, now I'm sad.  I *really* don't want this game to end.  :cry:

Truly a masterpeice IMO.  I just hope the ending doesn't pull a "Xen" on me like the first HL (and I'm assuming it doesn't).

Thanks for the answer in any case.

Onnel

P.s.  I enjoyed the boat more than the buggy.  More fluid motion and no flipping.  Very impressive physics on the buggy, though.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 01:51:26 AM »

don't worry, you still have a ton of great gaming to go...you ain't seen nothin' yet slywink

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 08:11:47 PM »

Sounds like the buggy is right around the corner for me. I'm almost to the church in Ravenholm.

I hope I enjoy the buggy more than the boat. It just went on too long for me and I was beginning to feel like a punching bag - "next guy who wants to bomb me, step up to the podium!".

Now Ravenholm was a blast (pun intended). I'm tempted to play it through again just to beat up on all the nasties!

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 04:29:53 PM »

The buggy level, imo, was much better done than the airboat level.  The buggy level may be as long, but it's broken up better, with some really excellent things to do in between the driving parts.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 05:12:50 PM »

The bits between Ravenholm and the Buggy were my least favorite levels in the game.
jonsauce
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005, 10:40:41 PM »

The bits between Ravenholm and the Buggy were my least favorite levels in the game.

There wasn't alot in there, but I really enjoyed the firefight right before getting the buggy.  I've shown that part to many people and each time I play through it it goes differently.

Now Playing
--------------
NHL 09
NFL Head Coach 09
Red Faction Guerilla
Rockband 2
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 04:45:34 AM »

You should see the firefights people have setup using the map editor and developer spawn commands.

Someone posted a video of a massive three way fight between resistance, zombies, and combine on one of the roads from the buggy level.
ChrisGwinn
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2005, 03:57:16 PM »

Quote from: "jonsauce"

There wasn't alot in there, but I really enjoyed the firefight right before getting the buggy.  I've shown that part to many people and each time I play through it it goes differently.

I had issues with all of the headcrabs underground.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2005, 11:30:26 PM »

Quote from: "ChrisGwinn"
Quote from: "jonsauce"

I had issues with all of the headcrabs underground.

there's actually a pretty simple way to make it past all those headcrabs in the mine without getting hurt.  don't expect to have an easy time if you just jump right in though...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
jonsauce
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2005, 01:08:49 AM »

there's actually a pretty simple way to make it past all those headcrabs in the mine without getting hurt. don't expect to have an easy time if you just jump right in though...

I took some time to take them out from up top before I dropped in.  I think there were some explosives or something down around them, but I don't remember for sure.  I just know that 75% of them were dead before I dropped down.  I took out the rest with my crowbar.

Now Playing
--------------
NHL 09
NFL Head Coach 09
Red Faction Guerilla
Rockband 2
onnel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2005, 10:14:10 AM »

I *liked* the mines simply because it was something different and got my blood pumping.  I did a lot with the grav gun to drag explosive barrels to where I needed them before shooting them.  I only had a few to deal with when I got down.

Onnel
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: