http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 02:41:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HL2: G-Man Sightings? (100% SPOILER)  (Read 2867 times)
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED
Gaming Trend Senior Member

get naked

View Profile WWW
« on: November 18, 2004, 05:02:41 AM »

Note:  This thread is all about spoliers.  Thus, the use of the SPOILER...SPOILER tags are not necessary or even recommended.  In fact, don't use them, because that'd just be obnoxious in a thread that's already declared itself to be 100% spoil-tastic.

That being said:

So far I've seen the enigmatic G-Man twice in the game (aside from the Intro):

1st:  Right before you get your suit, while Alix and Barney and the scientist are talking, I wandered over to the security camera station and "used" the keyboard.  The camera being viewed switched to show a gate.  The G-Man walked up to the gate, flashed an ID (memory's fuzzy on this, maybe he just adjusted his collar), the gate opened, and he walked by.

2nd:  In the long boat-ride sequence after I got the gun for the boat, I was riding through the canal of an industrial-looking area when I saw the G-Man looking down on me from a catwalk above.  He then turned sharply and exited into a door on his left.

Since it's MUCH easier to miss the G-Man in HL2 as compared to HL1, I'd like to know if anyone else has seen him elsewhere.  Currently I'm in Ravenholm, and I've only seen him those two times.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 05:13:58 AM »

I only caught him in the canals but BOY was that freaky.
Interloper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 05:16:07 AM »

Saw him while on the airboat sequence, at the dam you have to open by getting out and flipping a switch in a building at the bottom of a watertower.  He was on a ledge in the distance watching me.  I shot his ass and he just walked off  slywink

Louis Cypher

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 05:27:30 AM »

Im on a later mission, and I found him on a TV channel..The tv is hiding in some rubble, and the part of the game is where you are back in the city, fighting the striders/combine with your own squad

Live Gamer Tag: Kitten0Death
PSN: CabriX
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 06:39:14 AM »

He's definitely more "hidden" this time around, which makes it all the more creepy when you see him.  For example, on the airboat sequence, I doubt I would have seen him if I hadn't just slowed down for some reason (I think I was expecting a Combine squad to drop from the previous catwalk and was building up my acceleration again when I saw the G-Man).

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 07:02:18 AM »

Right after the first trainyard when you drop in and see the guy and the Vortigon, the Vortigon is watching TV and guess who's on? smile First time I saw him. I missed him flashing his ID badge, but caught him twice during the swamp boat sequence. I haven't seen him for a while, but I wouldn't expect him to be in Ravenholm which I just completed. I've just met the Ant Lions and boy do they suck. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2004, 07:38:05 AM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
Right after the first trainyard when you drop in and see the guy and the Vortigon, the Vortigon is watching TV and guess who's on? smile First time I saw him. I missed him flashing his ID badge, but caught him twice during the swamp boat sequence. I haven't seen him for a while, but I wouldn't expect him to be in Ravenholm which I just completed. I've just met the Ant Lions and boy do they suck. smile
Ah, so THAT's who was on!  I remember glancing at the TV and thinking it was the City 17 white-haired booming-voiced-dystopia guy.  Good stuff.

I didn't catch him in Ravenholm at all.  Though it makes sense for him to be absent, it would have been appropriately spooky to see him there.

I too am on the Ant Lion part right now, and yes, it's a bitch.  The buggy is 200% harder to control than the airboat, and I haven't gotten any better at it as I've gone along.  Oh well.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
GungHo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2004, 11:14:23 AM »

Quote from: "Louis Cypher"
Im on a later mission, and I found him on a TV channel..The tv is hiding in some rubble, and the part of the game is where you are back in the city, fighting the striders/combine with your own squad

Heh, yeah I saw that too.   And I was like...Did I just see..?  Yeah, yeah I think I did.  Was pretty cool.

I had one...
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 12:56:39 PM »

Also right when you get the airboat and you're going to the red building.  He's outside the red building looking at you and then he walks into the building.

Of course when YOU walk in, 2 zombies are waiting for you.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2004, 03:07:06 PM »

Quote from: "Greggy_D"
Also right when you get the airboat and you're going to the red building.  He's outside the red building looking at you and then he walks into the building.

Of course when YOU walk in, 2 zombies are waiting for you.
Well crap, somehow I missed that one.

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2004, 04:05:05 PM »

During the buggy ride, before you fight your first gun ship, you come across a white house where the floor has collapsed. Near one of the windows is a set of binoculars. If you look through them you'll see the rebal camp (where you fight the gunship). On the second floor of the red bard the G-man is talking to that english colonel.
Semaj

View Profile
Heh
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2004, 05:44:15 PM »

For the un-initiated: who is the G-man?

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2004, 10:06:39 PM »

Riding the elevator up with the Doc in the white sweater, you see several other floors as the elevators go past. G-man was on one of them talking to some resistance guys.

As to who the g-man is, he's a very enigmatic  character in a blue suit, carrying a briefcase. During the original half-life you would see him here and there throughout the game, always at a distance or past some insurmountable obstacle, often watching you before walking away and out of sight. At the end of the game, after defeating the main alien critter, he appears and offers you two choices-work for him, or remain on the alien world fighting overwhelming numbers until your ammo is depleted.

HL2 assumes you took option one, and the game begins with him waking you from stasis. Seems he has some work for you to do...

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
cameltoe yumyum
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2004, 03:32:17 PM »

DEATH OF THE G-MAN??

In the Dune Buggy level, there is a point where you reach a friendly base and have to fight off a gunship (this is where you get the rocket launcher).. I was running around camp exploring and ran into the G-Man on a balcony.. he just stood there in front of me..  after the battle I went back and he was dead in a pool of blood!  WTF??

Edit: Pics posted below.
bluefugue
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2004, 03:35:02 PM »

I didn't see him one time until the end.  Amazing...
jonsauce
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2004, 04:15:44 PM »

I didn't see him one time until the end. Amazing...

Same with me, at least the first time through.

Now Playing
--------------
NHL 09
NFL Head Coach 09
Red Faction Guerilla
Rockband 2
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2004, 09:06:35 PM »

Cameltoe, you probably ran into a bug with his script.

Basically, he's there on that balcony for you to see through a combine spy telescope at a house 1 or 2 stops back from the base.  Obviously you didn't look through the scope, and somehow didn't trigger him to disapear.

Then, the gunship probably shot him up with enough damage to kill him.
BigRedCat
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2004, 09:47:24 PM »

Yes, Cameltoe, now you cannot proceed with the game as there can be no ending and no HL3 without the GMan. Bummer, dude.
cameltoe yumyum
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2004, 09:51:26 PM »

SHIT!

Think I can return the game to Best Buy?  I still have my receipt.
BigRedCat
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2004, 10:45:23 PM »

Quote from: "cameltoe yumyum"
SHIT!

You're trolling my troll right?

I was joking.
cameltoe yumyum
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2004, 10:52:15 PM »

Mr. G, I presume?

He's dead, Jim

cameltoe yumyum
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2004, 10:55:04 PM »

Quote from: "BigRedCat"
SHIT!

You're trolling my troll right?

I was joking.

Joking??!!?! Thanks a lot!  I just got into a huge fight with the Best Buy manager.. I'm gonna get his ass fired!!  He told me I couldn't come into the store because I have a broken leg and it was too crowded for my wheelchair..  

All that was for nothing??
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2004, 03:14:29 AM »

He shows up on video monitors twice in the prison.

Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2004, 09:09:57 PM »

cameltoe: You had to have used a cheat to do that. The Gman walks away from you way before you even get near the port to exit the airboat.

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
cameltoe yumyum
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2004, 02:45:22 AM »

no, no cheats.  I think my man Turtle is right, I looked through the bino's but never saw the G-Man.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2004, 03:59:17 AM »

no, no cheats.  I think my man Turtle is right, I looked through the bino's but never saw the G-Man.

I didn't see him either.

But when I got there I didn't see him in a pool of blood, either biggrin

I enjoyed the pics so I could actually see what his model looks like up close.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: