http://gamingtrend.com
September 21, 2014, 06:38:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hitman: Contracts (PS2) -- Worth $20?  (Read 1537 times)
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED
Gaming Trend Senior Member

get naked

View Profile WWW
« on: April 08, 2005, 09:28:44 PM »

EBGames dropped the price on Hitman: Contracts to a mere $20 for all systems.  Is it worth $20 to pick it up for my PS2?  Should I get the PC version instead?  Should I completely ignore it?

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
RightBastard

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 12:10:39 AM »

Don't know about the PS2 version but the PC version blows.  I reviewed it for a magazine where I interned and ended up giving it a subpar score.  I'd say wait for it to drop to $10 or get it in a trade.  I was a big fan of Hitman 2 and Contracts did have its fun moments but it wasn't nearly as good.  Just my .02.

I am amendable to criticism but only within the sphere of what I am trying to do.
Flannery O'Connor
WestNile
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2005, 10:48:32 AM »

I can't speak for the full version, but the PC demo was damn boring.  It felt like a cash-in more than a serious game like the first two were.  Map design was terrible and plain.  Combat was arcaded up a lot.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2005, 01:38:56 PM »

i took a quick look at this for the XBox, since i had one just sitting on the shelf... bear in mind i didn't play too far into it, but maybe these impressions will help a little.

i don't know how close it is to the PS2 game, but the XBox version is "okay" - not bad - but i wouldn't pay $20 for it either.  the character moves like the characters in the Matrix - almost too fluidly, so that it looks unrealistic, like they're on wheels or something.  the body movements are wooden and uncreative, which makes an interesting combo. the controls are too sensitive on the XBox version, an 1/8" push on the analog when aiming gets you swinging 10 feet across the room.  you can change the sensitivity, but it's still fairly touchy at the lowest levels.

in the first level, the searching through empty rooms was boring and unproductive - and there were a lot of them.  the firefights were pretty good, though, so if you're a fan of the series - and you can trade for it, or go used or cheaper, then i'd say try it.  just maybe a $12 used, or $15 new, try - at maximum.

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"
- I don't remember who said it, and probably neither do they...
warning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005, 02:24:32 PM »

Did you play Hitman 2?  I understand its more of the same.
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2005, 04:06:00 PM »

I haven't played Hitman 2.  after checking out Contracts, pretty sure i'll never get it.  even though Hitman wasn't bad, per se, i'm playing Riddick and Doom 3 right now - and it's nowhere close to being a contest!

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

WestNile
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2005, 09:05:13 PM »

Hitman 2 is one of the best action games I have ever played.  Don't let Contracts spoil that game for you.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2005, 11:40:36 PM »

I really enjoyed Hitman 2 because of all the different ways you could approach the missions.  By comparison, I found the demo for Hitman: Contracts extremely frustrating because, as far as I can tell, it simply isn't possible to get a "Silent Assassin" rating on that mission.

-Autistic Angel
mytocles

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2005, 05:46:51 PM »

if you want to try Hitman 2 because of these posts, check the Steals and Deals section (H2, for 10 bucks.) :wink:

Mytocles (MY-toe-cleez)

warning

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2005, 07:51:27 PM »

I saw the PC version of Hitman Contracts at Wal-Mart today for $10. FYI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: