http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 08:59:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey guys! Did you know hardly no one plays FPS's on the PC anymore?  (Read 740 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2010, 11:52:51 PM »

it's on the internet bso it must be true!

GI: Looking at first-party games and 360 exclusives in the future, are we going to start to see Kinect integrated in small or nuanced ways? Or is it a "go big or go home" approach to gameplay?

Tsunoda: I think that the stuff we have learned about Kinect is that you donít want to take it and port a experience over to Kinect or force it into things. You see a lot of motion control games that put the motion technology into a random game and that isnít the way to make an awesome experience. If you think about the way that first person shooters evolved, they started on the PC. People for the longest time tried to port shooters from the PC onto the console. And people said the same things that they are saying now about Kinect Ė ďItís never going to be responsive enough to do this,Ē or ďYouíre never going to get a fun first person shooter on the console Ė itís only made for a keyboard and mouse and that is the way it is supposed to be played.Ē And as long as everyone was just porting the existing shooters over to console, they werenít as fun as the PC ones. Of course, they were built for the PC.

Halo did an awesome job of building a first-person shooter exclusively for the console, and now hardly anyone plays first person shooters on the PC anymore. Itís all about the console. And I feel it is the same with Kinect stuff. If you are constantly trying to take something that is made for a controller and port it over to Kinect, itís not going to be a good experience because it is made for a controller. If you take the time to build it for Kinect from the ground up, however, you can make something that is a very new experience, but lots of times even more fun than it was before. ]

well crap, I guess bots have taken over all the MP FPS games now  crybaby

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 02:04:42 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 20, 2010, 11:52:51 PM

well crap, I guess bots have taken over all the MP FPS games now  crybaby

No wonder I am soo good at them now!

Talk about out of touch...

morlac00 on PSN
Aganazer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 02:57:37 PM »

FPS's are so 90's its no wonder no one plays them anymore. PC gamers have moved on to the much better MOFPS's (multiplayer online first person shooter). Maybe someday the consoles can catch up, but I'm not getting my hopes up since PC gamers will just add another letter or two onto the acronym. Next up is the SNBBFPS (social networking browser based FPS).  nod
heloder
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 03:47:11 PM »

Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded.
Space Herpes
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 04:22:52 PM »

So THIS is why Valve hasn't released Episode 3.  I knew something was wrong.  Why release it when nobody on the PC is going to buy it?  icon_lol

See the Mr. Sticky Show!
http://one.revver.com/watch/261625
Tscott
Gaming Trend Reader

It's making me blue

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 09:11:51 PM »

They got it backwards.  At least for me, after playing FPS's using WASD+mouse for years, there's no way I can play a FPS on a console.  I've tried demos and it's just awful trying to aim.. I'm aiming too high, so I nudge down and now I'm too low, I carefully nudge back up and I'd be ok, but the guy I'm trying to shoot has already moved to another spot after shooting me 3 times.  Go ahead and tell me I suck, but I've got no motivation to learn to play on a controller when mouse & keyboard work so damn well.

Mr. Horrible says, "I don't mind. The thing that bothers me is someone keeps moving my chair."
-TMBG
TheAtomicKid

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 09:16:17 PM »

I must be playing borderlands on something besides a pc then... who'da thunkit?

Just when you think something is idiot-proof... the universe builds a better idiot...

Atomic

edit: the way I wrote this makes it look like I'm being sarcastic towards the previous posters, in some way. I'm not. the sarcasm is directed towards the idiot that thinks people don't play fps on the pc anymore. I'd love to see this guy try to play say, counterstrike, on an xbox with the little gamepad, vs a pc player with standard mouse control.

All that said, it will be interesting to see how far they can get with the kinect technology. Anyone remember Mandelabra I think it was? For the commodore amiga?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 09:19:37 PM by TheAtomicKid » Logged
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 10:56:24 PM »

Dear Tsunoda,
I don't play console games at all anymore, and haven't for several years now. So how about those apples?  Tongue

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: