http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 08:55:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heroes of Might and Magic  (Read 856 times)
IkeVandergraaf
Gaming Trend Senior Member

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2008, 09:40:07 PM »

So, I just ordered HOMM5 for the GoGamer 48-hour sale.  Then I noticed that HOMM3 Complete was available for $10 and I heard that was the best one in the series, so I bought that one too.  So, what do I need to know about each?  Which one should I play first?

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Kemper Boyd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 10:20:39 PM »

I'm tempted to tell you to just cancel your order for 5 - not that it is all that bad, but 3 is far superior and complete will give you a ton of gaming hours. The upgrade from 3 to 5 is in true 3D graphics but the campaign in 5 turns into a real grind - I stopped part way through the demon campaign out of frustration and hearing that it got no better.

3 is just plain brilliant gameplay and the campaigns are fun. 2 is probably the best iteration of the series.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 12:00:24 AM »

I personally found 3 the best in the series, though I haven't played the original so can't comment on that, just 2 and up.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 12:34:24 AM »

I've only played 3 and 4. Out of those two 3 was the better game although I did enjoy 4 almost as much. I should add that HoMM 3 is one of the best strategy games I've ever played. I've been tempted to get 5 due to the improved graphics, but I have too many other unfinished strategy games to complete 1st.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 05:18:21 PM »

I really enjoyed 5. So don't cancel it. The biggest difference to me between 3 and 5 (post several patches) is that 5 is in 3d and 3 is not.

Both games are fun if you like turn based strategy.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Cragmyre

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2008, 06:04:42 PM »

I know that 5 has had two expansions, one that was supposedly going to provide a random map generator.  Does anyone know if they made a "gold" version yet?

I suffer from EGADD - Electronic Gaming Attention Deficit Disorder
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: