http://gamingtrend.com
July 29, 2014, 02:44:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Here we go - (update) THREE Red Rings on my 360  (Read 4328 times)
Jancelot
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2008, 06:55:41 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on March 20, 2008, 12:33:15 PM

Quote from: Jancelot on March 19, 2008, 06:07:24 PM

I was visited by the RROD fairy last night.  On to my 4th 360 now.  This one lasted about 7-8 months.  Yay!  Oh well, at least they're replacing their junky hardware for free.

Dude, that blows.  Are they doing anything different this time, given the 4th failure?

<slaps head>  Gah, I didn't even think of asking about anything like that.  One of them I used my Best Buy service plan to exchange so this is my 2nd through MS.  Oh well, I already have a big backlog of games...
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 24, 2008, 02:44:53 AM »

I had my "Big Smoo" tag 360 fail on me today.  My original launch "denoginizer" box failed in Feb of 06.  The replacement has been solid since I got it back.

I bought my "Bog Smoo" box in Dec of 06.  I've never had a problem with it until today.  I got the RRoD upon shutdown after a Vegas 2 co-op session with my wife.  Now it won't turn on at all and my Vegas 2 disk is stuck inside.crybaby

Ordered the coffin through the web site tonight. 

At least this isn't the Rock Band box with the Boston pack coming out Tuesday.  paranoid

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 24, 2008, 03:53:21 AM »

Quote from: denoginizer on March 24, 2008, 02:44:53 AM

I got the RRoD upon shutdown after a Vegas 2 co-op session with my wife.  Now it won't turn on at all and my Vegas 2 disk is stuck inside.crybaby

you can get your Vegas 2 disc back pretty easily.  just pop off the faceplate, find the little manual eject hole for the drive, use a paperclip to push the button, and reclaim your disc that's being held hostage.  you definitely don't want to leave it in there...pretty much guaranteed not to see it again once you ship the 360 to MS.

more detailed instructions (with a picture) in the Xbox 360 Knowledge Base

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2008, 11:55:16 AM »

Quote from: disarm on March 24, 2008, 03:53:21 AM

I got the RRoD upon shutdown after a Vegas 2 co-op session with my wife.  Now it won't turn on at all and my Vegas 2 disk is stuck inside.crybaby

you can get your Vegas 2 disc back pretty easily.  just pop off the faceplate, find the little manual eject hole for the drive, use a paperclip to push the button, and reclaim your disc that's being held hostage.  you definitely don't want to leave it in there...pretty much guaranteed not to see it again once you ship the 360 to MS.

more detailed instructions (with a picture) in the Xbox 360 Knowledge Base

Thanks for the tip.  I will get it out tonight.

El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 24, 2008, 12:41:27 PM »

I had my "Big Smoo" tag 360 fail on me today.  My original launch "denoginizer" box failed in Feb of 06.  The replacement has been solid since I got it back.

I bought my "Bog Smoo" box in Dec of 06.  I've never had a problem with it until today.  I got the RRoD upon shutdown after a Vegas 2 co-op session with my wife.  Now it won't turn on at all and my Vegas 2 disk is stuck inside.crybaby

At least this isn't the Rock Band box with the Boston pack coming out Tuesday.  paranoid

My Condolences..

Now to the important thing..

You're wife plays Rainbow Six !?!   Awesome

"Goonies never say die"
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2008, 12:57:08 PM »

Quote from: El-Producto on March 24, 2008, 12:41:27 PM

My Condolences..

The main reason I got the second 360 was to play co-op games with her.  She rarely plays games by herself, but she likes co-op.  We were playing terrorist hunt and having a blast.  Watching someone blow themself up with a misthrown grenade never stops being funny. 

(And I do it alot. icon_biggrin)

El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2008, 01:05:00 PM »

Quote from: denoginizer on March 24, 2008, 12:57:08 PM

Quote from: El-Producto on March 24, 2008, 12:41:27 PM

My Condolences..

The main reason I got the second 360 was to play co-op games with her.  She rarely plays games by herself, but she likes co-op.  We were playing terrorist hunt and having a blast.  Watching someone blow themself up with a misthrown grenade never stops being funny. 

(And I do it alot. icon_biggrin)

That's awesome.. you are a lucky guy.  My ex-wife hated gaming.. so now my only in house co-op is getting my ass kicked at Mario Party 8 by my  2 daughters.  I wonder if they would be any good at RB6 slywink

"Goonies never say die"
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2008, 07:09:11 PM »

my wife has regressed in gaming.  she used to play quite a bit of bejeweled and hexic.  my goal was to get her into puzzle quest and then into coop games. 

she hasn't even touched the system in months. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2008, 11:51:23 PM »

i know this sounds bad...but find the right hole.  When i went to manually eject a disk when the same thing happened to me...i looked online for the location.  Depending on which version you have (newer or older) the hole is in a different location.....but all the holes are all cut into the plastic.......basially you will be pushing on the metal plate if you are on the wrong one.....

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2008, 12:02:48 AM »

Quote from: papasmurff on March 24, 2008, 11:51:23 PM

i know this sounds bad...but find the right hole.  When i went to manually eject a disk when the same thing happened to me...i looked online for the location.  Depending on which version you have (newer or older) the hole is in a different location.....but all the holes are all cut into the plastic.......basially you will be pushing on the metal plate if you are on the wrong one.....

Are you talking about wives, or xboxes?

JK

"Goonies never say die"
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2008, 01:06:23 AM »

For the hell of it I tried to fire the thing up tonight and it is working.   paranoid

But for how long?

(Hopefully at least until I get the coffin.)

kathode

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2008, 11:51:09 PM »

Well, didn't want to start my own topic, but mine decided to kick the bucket tonight.  It's kind of a relief in a way.  The thing has been throwing out dirty disc errors like they're candy for months now.  Very frustrating to lose, for instance, 20-30 minutes of Lost Odyssey progress or have it lock up right at the beginning of the Bioshock ending forcing me to replay the entire boss fight.  At least I'll get it out of the way before GTA comes out, so hopefully I'll have a solid console for that.

This was a console I bought in March or April 2006 btw.  Manufacture date is 2/18/2006.  So compared to most people, this one has been quite the little tank.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 11:53:27 PM by kathode » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2008, 07:14:34 AM »

Quote from: kathode on April 04, 2008, 11:51:09 PM

At least I'll get it out of the way before GTA comes out, so hopefully I'll have a solid console for that.

don't forget Fallout 3 is coming out this fall, so you want a solid system for that too  icon_wink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2008, 02:06:42 PM »

I just paid MS $50 to extend my warranty for another 2 years.  I'm pretty confident it will die at least once during that time (manufacture date on this one is May 06, and I'm on my third unit), so I figure it's a decent investment.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: