http://gamingtrend.com
April 16, 2014, 11:43:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with the VGA cable please  (Read 820 times)
mikeg
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: November 23, 2005, 01:01:29 AM »

I want to play on my pc monitor so I bought one of those vga cables, got home and it occurred to me that I have no clue how I am supposed to get sound out of the game with this vga cable hooked up to my monitor.  I feel like an idiot, as no doubt I am, but I hate to open this package not knowing if this will even work for me.  Don't tell me you have to run it through your TV AND a pc monitor at the same time.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 01:20:22 AM »

I'll assume you're talking about the xbox x2vga cable mentioned in the other thread? It looks like you're supposed to plug it into your computer speakers or a theater system.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 01:34:35 AM »

These are the Xbox 360 VGA HD AV Cables.  The audio cables will not connect to anything I own but my TV.  They are those big ass red and white ended cables that you have on TVs.  They will not hook up to my pc speakers.  I do not have a high end speaker system.  I think I have it figured out.  I will have to have both a TV and my monitor sitting side by side to use these.  To hell with that.  They are going back I think.  Ain't worth it.

Thanks alot for your response.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Mystic95Z
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 02:15:18 AM »

I think  this mght be what ya need.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103865&cp=2032058.2032231.2032280&pg=4&allCount=251&fbn=Brand%2FRadioShack&f=Brand%2F1000094%2F&fbc=1&parentPage=family

Might need to refresh it a few times... RatShack's site seems to be acting up.

-Tony
warning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 04:34:55 AM »

Yeah you should be fine Mike with an adapter from someplace like Radio Shack.

Assuming you get it up and running, can I ask what monitor you'll be running it on?  I'm very interested in the VGA cable for the 360 and want to hook it up to my Dell 1905FP 19" LCD which runs natively at 1280x1024.
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 04:44:35 AM »

Yeah, I don't think that cable adapter will work for me because the vga 360 cable has the MALE component ends, not female.  And from what I can tell from the one in the picture from Radio Shack it has MALE component ends as well.  I don't believe the two will mesh to make the conversion that I need.  Thanks.  I guess I will just play my 360 on my cheap piece of crap 20 inch Toshiba analog TV.  Won't look much better than current Xbox games I'm sure, but at least I can play the games that come out for the 360.    I rented Condemned and am looking forward to giving it a go.

Thanks.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 05:03:16 AM »

Just get something like this F-F adapter to connect the Xbox audio cable to the Y adpater then.

http://www.audiogear.com/cgi-bin/shopper.cgi?key=Adpt-RcfRcf2&preadd=action
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 05:37:11 AM »

If you have a RadioShack near you it should be easy to walk in and get what you need.  Say what you will about that place, they have all your connectors/cables/adaptor needs covered.

I have had some crazy connectors in my time, including exactly what you are looking for.  When I lived at home my TV didn't have a headphone jack so I rigged up something to plug my headphones into the audio out jacks and not wake up my mom.  Worked fine and looked pretty cool in a McGuyver kinda way.  Even now I have all kinds of splitters and adapters to hook all my AV stuff up to multiple sources.  RadioShack.  Just don't let them try to sell you a cell phone plan. :lol:

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 07:39:53 AM »

Um, check your packaging.  My VGA adaptor also came with an adaptor that converts the two RCA outs into a 3.5mm stereo jack out, which is commonly used on PC speakers.  It plugged right in.  Now I just have to find a splitter that will allow me to plug both my PC and 360 in at the same time.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: