http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 08:47:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help understanding Duel Masters.  (Read 853 times)
farley2k
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2004, 06:48:14 PM »

I am hoping to pick the brains of people who are in the know because this game is somewhat confusing.

1. when I put a card in my "mana zone" does that mean I cannot ever use if for that fight?

2. is there an advantage to putting one card or another (of the same color) into the mana pile?  I mean if both a 5000 strength blocker and a 1000 point spell put in the same amount of mana why would I ever put in the expensive cards?

3. Can someone explain battles a bit?  Last night for example I had three monsters summoned but I never got the opportunity to attack.  Then suddenly I could....I think I can only attack if one of the enemy monsters is already tapped but I am not sure.  So any insight would be great.

Thanks
Farley

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 08:02:52 PM »

From playing the GBA game :

1. when I put a card in my "mana zone" does that mean I cannot ever use if for that fight?

Yes, unless there is some other effect from cards that would move it from the mana zone.

2. is there an advantage to putting one card or another (of the same color) into the mana pile? I mean if both a 5000 strength blocker and a 1000 point spell put in the same amount of mana why would I ever put in the expensive cards?

I'd say it's more of a strategy thing.  If you draw a lot of high cost cards in the early game, it may not hurt you to put a couple of them into the mana zone since they won't be helping you out much at that time.  Early on, I'll usually try to lay out a couple of cheaper creatures to gain board advantage, but I try to keep at least one big creature in my hand to deal with any big opponent threats later on.

3. Can someone explain battles a bit? Last night for example I had three monsters summoned but I never got the opportunity to attack. Then suddenly I could....I think I can only attack if one of the enemy monsters is already tapped but I am not sure. So any insight would be great.

You are correct in that you may attack an opponents monsters directly only if they are tapped.  Otherwise you can attack a shield or the opponent (if no shields).  Let's see...a couple other things :

- You can only attack the turn after you summon a creature.
- You can only block if you have a monster with the abiltiy "blocker"

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 03:12:46 PM »

Thanks that helps a bit.  It is still rather confusing sometimes.  Oddly enough I have only lost one battle - and I don't have a clue what is going on! smile

Now it is mostly trying to remember what each card does when trying to build a deck.  The names just seem to be random and without reading the full card I never have a clue.

Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 08:43:24 PM »

Yeah, the names don't help much to identify creatures.  I constantly find myself looking at creatures in my own deck even though I've played them numerous times before.  It gets easier eventually though.   Just remember to check the info on your opponents cards for the special abilities they carry.  The computer isn't to generous on letting you know what it's doing with those, so it can be confusing once all this stuff starts happening without giving you much feedback.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: