http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 11:32:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me pick a portable console system  (Read 6235 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2006, 07:42:12 PM »

i love my DS.....if you do go for DS,because of the lite being out,you may be able to get the first model cheaper,and of course like said,it also plays GBA games

altough i havent got a psp,it does also play movies(although i heard that usb movies arent really catching on),but of course like all sony products,the psp is still overpriced in my opinion

so,i will say DS as well

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2006, 09:49:09 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 06, 2006, 07:42:12 PM

i love my DS.....if you do go for DS,because of the lite being out,you may be able to get the first model cheaper

Everywhere I've seen the fat DS is still the same price point as the Lite. I thought that was smart given all the people with ANDRE THE GIANT hands who complain about the Lite. slywink.

My vote is for the Lite.  As further evidence, John Romero, in this week's designer threads on Gamespot said he prefers the DS too.  Take it to the bank baby!  icon_cool
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2006, 10:34:09 PM »

John Romero?  I'm freakin sold!

warning

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2006, 10:37:14 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on September 06, 2006, 10:34:09 PM

John Romero?  I'm freakin sold!

You better.  Else he'll make you his bitch.
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2006, 11:22:29 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on September 06, 2006, 06:28:15 PM

i dont have a Costco nearby.  can i buy it online and return it if i ever have a problem? 

Yes, the warranty extends to online.

I have big hands, but when I went to check out the DS and DS Lite, the screen on the DS was just terrible compared to the DS Lite.  The regular DS just just not an option at that point.

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2006, 01:26:21 AM »

alright, i'm changing my mind here a bit after looking at alot of reviews on gamespot and gamespy of some PsP games.  i actually had no interest in sporting games until i saw a few reviews for them and i'm interested.  i do like racing and fighting games alot and i see the PsP has a few in that department i would enjoy.

so can someone give me some alternative advice on the pros of the PsP that maybe hasn't already been given?  as i previously mentioned, i do like rpg's, but outside of that theres not much on the DS i see getting excited about.

also, what in the world is this that i'm seeing about different firmware for the PsP.  is there something there i should be concerned about that could alter my buying decision?

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2006, 02:26:26 AM »

Quote from: Xmann on September 07, 2006, 01:26:21 AM

also, what in the world is this that i'm seeing about different firmware for the PsP.  is there something there i should be concerned about that could alter my buying decision?

Not unless you want to play homebrew games. Oherwise, it won't matter.

PSP does have some good racing games, such as Wipeout Pure and Burnout legends. Loco Roco is a very clever 2D side-scrolling platformer that came out today but may be too cutesy for some. Lumines is good if you like puzzlers. Hot Shots Golf rocks.

PSP has some good games, but for me the DS is easier to pick up and play for a few minutes, and I find myself drawn into the DS games more often and more readily than the PSP games...even though I like them.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2006, 03:04:19 AM »

another question, i'm seeing some online stores are selling PsPs for $199 and $249, unbundled.  what would be the difference, if any?  i can see a bundled version costing a bit more, but why if they aren't coming with any extras?

also, do you need any accessories when you buy a PsP or just the system enough?  and does save games work like the DS or do you need to buy a memory card for extra storage? 

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2006, 03:56:50 AM »

Quote from: Misguided on September 07, 2006, 02:26:26 AM

PSP has some good games, but for me the DS is easier to pick up and play for a few minutes, and I find myself drawn into the DS games more often and more readily than the PSP games...even though I like them.

Here's a great way of describing the two consoles (and I think somebody else said it, so it's not of my work):

The PSP is a portable PS2. Thus, expect long loading times, nice graphics, and the need to sit down and play in very long chunks of time. Expect PS2 gaming conventions - save points (can't save anywhere you want in RPGs), long levels and/or distances between autosave points, and while you can insta-pause your game, it eats far more battery power than it should while you're doing that.

The DS is truly a portable gaming system. Thus, expect no loading times, acceptable graphics, and the ability to play in 10 minute chunks. It's normal to expect the ability to not only insta-pause your game (simply close the DS's top), but quite a few games offer either shortish levels with autosaving, or the ability to make a temp save point (one that gets deleted when you reload the game) anywhere you want. Also, games that highly take advantage of the touch screen can't be compared to anything you've ever played before.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2006, 04:50:51 AM »

Quote from: Xmann on September 07, 2006, 01:26:21 AM

alright, i'm changing my mind here a bit after looking at alot of reviews on gamespot and gamespy of some PsP games.  i actually had no interest in sporting games until i saw a few reviews for them and i'm interested.  i do like racing and fighting games alot and i see the PsP has a few in that department i would enjoy.

so can someone give me some alternative advice on the pros of the PsP that maybe hasn't already been given?  as i previously mentioned, i do like rpg's, but outside of that theres not much on the DS i see getting excited about.

i heard metroid prime hunters for the DS was good,but i havent played it myself

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2006, 11:46:15 AM »

Quote from: Xmann on September 07, 2006, 03:04:19 AM

another question, i'm seeing some online stores are selling PsPs for $199 and $249, unbundled.  what would be the difference, if any?  i can see a bundled version costing a bit more, but why if they aren't coming with any extras?

also, do you need any accessories when you buy a PsP or just the system enough?  and does save games work like the DS or do you need to buy a memory card for extra storage? 

The 249 is the value pack (the only way the system was available initially). It includes a bunch of accessories you probably won't use, and is no longer being manufactured by Sony. If it were me (caveat: I work for them) I'd go to Gamestop/EB, look over the systems they have carefully, buy a used one for 179, turn around and spend the 20 I just saved on the warranty. Then if you have any kind of problem in the first 12 months (most states, here in Florida it is 24), you exchange it for another. Now spend the 50 bucks you saved not getting the value pack and buy a good case (20 bucks...I like the Logitech acrylic one or (and I can't believe I'm suggesting something by madCatz but I like this case) the Stealth case by Madcatz [sometimes branded as a Gamestop case]), a screen protector ($5-10), and a memory card (varies).

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2006, 11:59:36 AM »

Well if you're going to buy a used PSP, I'd suggest Ebay. Many of them end around $150 - and that's the value pack. (Including the memory card, soft case, headphones, etc.)

It's good to see you are having second thoughts about the DS.
Don't get me wrong, the DS can be a good system (for little children!  icon_biggrin) but having had both of them, I just coudn't put the PSP down.
If you look at games released on both systems (Madden and King Kong as examples) the graphics on the PSP are leaps and bounds beyond anything the DS can produce.

IMO, the loading times are far too exaggerated on the PSP. If a game is done right (see Socom, GTA Liberty City Stories) the load times are very acceptable.
In most of my online Socom matches, it goes from the lobby menu to the game in about 20 seconds. Once in game, no loading at all.
Even a huge open-world game like GTA, there's no loading in game.

For RPGs, the only two I've actually played are Untold Legends Warrior's Code and X-Men Legends II. Both games support online play.
The upcoming Dungeon Siege 2 is looking fantastic also!

And lets see the DS pull off a Medal of Honor Heroes with it's 32 PLAYERS ONLINE! Even most xbox 360 games aren't doing 32 players per game..
Killzone Liberation is looking great also, especially with their announcement of downloadable content after the release.

Honestly and in the end, I gave both systems a chance. I've been through 2 DS's now (phat and a lite), and once you go PSP and if you're a graphics whore like I am, you just can't look back at the DS. It looks like something from 10 years ago. The PSP looks like something from the future.
Sure it's expensive, but look at everything it does. It has a web browser built-in. Move playback, MP3 player, more online games.. better graphics.. it's just a much better system, IMHO.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2006, 01:56:21 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on September 07, 2006, 11:46:15 AM

and a memory card (varies).

Do NOT buy a memory card from the guys at EB (or any retailer). Odds are you can get one online (I recommend either NewEgg or Outpost.com) for FAR cheaper. The console should come with a 32MB memory card (if it's new, yes, if it's used, unknown). It'll work for a while holding your save games, but don't expect to put lots of optional things onto it.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2006, 02:57:14 PM »

BTW- DS games are B2G1 at Bestbuy online right now. Details in the CAG video games deal forum.

Edit: Some pre-orders are included...including Zelda...
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2006, 03:45:15 PM »

so PsP saved game are stored on memory discs?  is that why folks buy more and to also store extras you can download?  so if i only plan to use it for gaming, do i still need more than the 32mb it comes with?

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2006, 03:49:15 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on September 07, 2006, 03:45:15 PM

so PsP saved game are stored on memory discs?  is that why folks buy more and to also store extras you can download?  so if i only plan to use it for gaming, do i still need more than the 32mb it comes with?

Initially the 32mb is fine just for game saves.  However if you pick up Wipeout (which I highly recommend), I think the downloadable tracks fill it up quick. 
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2006, 10:53:58 PM »

For the long run, especially if you use mp3s or videos, 32mb just isn't going to cut it.
If you get the core pack ($199 new) it doesn't come with a memory card anyway, so you can look at a 1gb stick.. as Destructor said, look online a bit you'll find them a LOT cheaper than you would if you walked into gamestop/eb.

With games like Killzone coming up and their downloadable content (adding new maps, infastructure,etc.) plus all the other game saves and extras you might have, 32mb will run out fast.
I was using my 32mb up until about 2 weeks ago when the space ran out. There's also downloadable demos for the PSP - world soccer tour and locoroco alone take up 28mb.
Winning Eleven on the PSP takes up about 1.4mb of space.

If you get any online RPGS (Xmen, Warrior's Code..) let me know I'll meet up online with you and we'll play COOP through the campaigns.

Also check out IGN's "PSP games of Fall 2006" for a good idea of some of the better games coming out soon:
http://psp.ign.com/articles/730/730199p1.html

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2006, 11:49:10 PM »

Ok i'm really leaning towards the EB used PsP and the $20 insurance coverage.  However, from what i am reading they dont come with the 32mb card.  What type of card specifically does it take?  Can someone give me a link to some good prices on 1 and 2gb cards?

And hey corruptreli, check your pm!  icon_smile

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2006, 12:04:12 AM »

well, seeing as you've opted for a psp:

Quote from: Dimmona on September 05, 2006, 10:56:47 PM

As far as PSP games?   If I had to choose 5 titles from my library to start with, I'd probably go with:
- MLB '06:The Show
- Syphon Filter:Dark Mirror
- Tekken: Dark Resurrection
- Dexter
- LocoRoco

now, if i had to choose 5 titles, i'd go with:
- tales of eternia (may have to import, but, for me, the best rpg on the system)
- metal gear ac!d (1,2, or both - twisted tales, clever card-based strategy/combat)
- monster hunter: freedom (kept me amused for hours (100+) - great, beautiful game)
- medievil: resurrection (seriously under-rated game. great controls, fun combat)
- lumines (mandatory psp experience)

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2006, 06:03:17 AM »

Quote from: Xmann on September 07, 2006, 11:49:10 PM

Ok i'm really leaning towards the EB used PsP and the $20 insurance coverage.  However, from what i am reading they dont come with the 32mb card.  What type of card specifically does it take?  Can someone give me a link to some good prices on 1 and 2gb cards?

You're looking for Memory Stick Pro Duo, and via the powers of NewEgg, everything you'll need is right here. The Ultra II memory isn't a requirement (unless you are an extremely heavy emulator/pirate user of the console, and even then the added price is questionable), so just go with the cheap stuff.

Edit: Just realized that my link contained one or two Memory Stick Pro items, which is NOT compatible with the PSP. Memory Stick Pro Duo is the exact name.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 06:04:49 AM by Destructor » Logged

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2006, 01:21:35 PM »

alright gang, i've gotten all the info. i think i need to make a good decision on what i'll get.  theres alot of pros and cons for purchasing either system.

i'm more likely leaning towards the DS right now because of the rather significant price difference.  i didnt want to have to spend as much as i will on a PsP compared to the PsP.  it looks like i can get a DS system and numerous games for the price it'll cost to get a PsP and some accessories, without any games.

so let me think about it more and i'll let everyone know tonight what i plan on buying tomorrow.  any more opinions, advice, or recommendations are welcome.

and lastly, does EB offer the used DS offer like they do with the PsP?

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2006, 01:36:57 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on September 07, 2006, 11:59:36 AM

Honestly and in the end, I gave both systems a chance. I've been through 2 DS's now (phat and a lite), and once you go PSP and if you're a graphics whore like I am, you just can't look back at the DS. It looks like something from 10 years ago. The PSP looks like something from the future.
Sure it's expensive, but look at everything it does. It has a web browser built-in. Move playback, MP3 player, more online games.. better graphics.. it's just a much better system, IMHO.

I am the exception to your rule.  I am a graphics whore, but the DS has such a better library than the PSP that I rarely play the PSP and have a monthly debate with myself on whether I should sell the damn thing or not.  I will agree that load times are exaggerated, but they are still more than you get on the DS and therefore they still bother me on a portable system.

Hell, even when I have good games to play (I currently have Tales of Eternia sitting in my PSP), I look at the PSP and DS sitting side by side and I just skip over the PSP.  I have such a love/hate relationship with the thing, but I keep it around because I don't want to sell it off and then regret it when something like Metal Gear Portable comes out and I can't try it.  And yet I know that when it does come out, I will be chest deep in good DS games and won't give my PSP a second glance.  I really should get some balls and sell the damn thing.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2006, 01:37:53 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on September 08, 2006, 01:21:35 PM

and lastly, does EB offer the used DS offer like they do with the PsP?

If you get a DS and don't get a Lite (they may have them used, but I would think those would be rare), you are doing yourself a great disservice to save a few bucks.  If you go DS, get the Lite.

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2006, 02:12:55 PM »

you know i initialy decided on the DS and then switched to the PsP when i looked at the games available and the nice graphics.  then this morning i reminded myself why i was looking into either of these systems in the first place.  i'm only looking to supplement my gaming with something while i'm sitting on the couch or lying in bed with the wife.  it wont be something i use for 2 or 3 hours in a sitting or instead of my computer.

so in saying that, although theres alot of cool games for the PsP and i like alot of the features, its not something i'll be using even on a daily basis.  so i thinking the DS will be the more realistic system for me.

and yes, i wont get anything but the DS Lite.

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 08, 2006, 02:32:05 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on September 08, 2006, 02:12:55 PM

so i thinking the DS will be the more realistic system for me.

You've stepped back from the abyss...
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 08, 2006, 04:43:04 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on September 08, 2006, 02:12:55 PM

you know i initialy decided on the DS and then switched to the PsP when i looked at the games available and the nice graphics.  then this morning i reminded myself why i was looking into either of these systems in the first place.  i'm only looking to supplement my gaming with something while i'm sitting on the couch or lying in bed with the wife.  it wont be something i use for 2 or 3 hours in a sitting or instead of my computer.

so in saying that, although theres alot of cool games for the PsP and i like alot of the features, its not something i'll be using even on a daily basis.  so i thinking the DS will be the more realistic system for me.

and yes, i wont get anything but the DS Lite.

I don't think an older DS a bad choice personally, though the difference in cost on the used ones is not dramatic. Used DS would be 100 bucks, used Lite would be...IIRC 120 and a new one is 130 (for the ten dollar difference I'd probably just get the new one). I do have an Onyx Lite preordered, but have been using the DS for months and never felt the screen was dark or anything like that except when trying to play in the car (i.e. in brightly lit areas it can get washed out).

oh and...

ATB,

love the avatar

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2006, 05:17:36 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on September 08, 2006, 04:43:04 PM

I do have an Onyx Lite preordered, but have been using the DS for months and never felt the screen was dark or anything like that except when trying to play in the car (i.e. in brightly lit areas it can get washed out).

I once thought this way, as well, until I saw pictures of the DS Lite screen.  Seriously, when I heard about the Lite, I thought, "I don't think my screen is dark or anything...why would I need it?  There is no way I am buying one."  Then, I saw the pics of the screens before it was released in Japan.  I imported.  'Nuff said.

JCC

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 08, 2006, 06:21:36 PM »

We have a DS Lite and 2 DSes. I loved my DS and remember being blown away by how bright the screen was when I first saw it. Now, I can't stand to use the DS, the Lite's screen just blows it away. Noone should buy a DS instead of a Lite.

-John

XBox Live ID: "JCC Davros"
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 08, 2006, 06:39:34 PM »

Man i'm killin' myself!

So now after i've all but decided on the DS, i see Gromit has a rather nice PsP setup for sell in the trade forum.  Dangit man!  Can't decide on what to do! 

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 08, 2006, 08:10:40 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on September 08, 2006, 06:39:34 PM

Man i'm killin' myself!

So now after i've all but decided on the DS, i see Gromit has a rather nice PsP setup for sell in the trade forum.  Dangit man!  Can't decide on what to do! 

umm,... remind me never to go shopping for shoes with you...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 08, 2006, 08:20:54 PM »

ok, someone tell me to shut up next time i change my mind.

i'm going DS smile

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2006, 08:30:19 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on September 08, 2006, 08:20:54 PM

ok, someone tell me to shut up next time i change my mind.

i'm going DS smile

Or are you?

Creepy_Smell

Load"*",8,1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2006, 08:57:52 PM »

Buy both!

<Says the guy w/ only a DS and wants a PSP but doesnt want to drop that much cash>

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2006, 12:18:25 AM »

Dont temp me Creepy  nod

Has anyone used or tried those DS skins from that decalgirl.com site?  If so, are these easy to apply and remove?  Also, how does the screen protectors look?  I hate putting them on my PDA because it blurs the screen.  Are they similar?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2006, 12:27:00 AM by Xmann » Logged

Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2006, 12:31:17 AM »

i dont know about the skins - but ive said it before and ill say it again - get the screen protector - i have one and it doesnt take away from the screen at all, plus youre going to be scratching at the thing - its well worth it
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2006, 03:16:10 AM »

ok, gonna grab a screen saver and might splurge and grab one of those skins.

i'm going to be buying a system tomorrow morning.  where is the best place to buy where i can have the best service if it were to become defective after a few months?  i don't have a costco locally, but i do have Wal Mart, Best Buy, EB, Circuit City, Target, and Sam's Club.  are any of these places preferred over the other for returning a defective system, if that were to happen?  how about extended warranties at these places?  any offer warranties and are they worth it?

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2006, 12:00:03 PM »

The screens I suggested before (Hori...decalgirl sells them) will not blur your screen. This is why I suggested them  icon_cool

Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2006, 12:23:18 PM »

I've never bought a screen protector, have used the DS extensively, and the screen looks brand new. Nintendo has a history of making extremely durable products and with the DS lite it's no exception. Of course I can't fault anyone for being protective, but you should know that it''s not a necessity.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2006, 12:43:46 PM »

Damn Xmann.. you sound like a kid at the candy store! (In a good way!  icon_wink)

You did say you were pretty big on graphics, and flat out, you're not gonna get that on the DS.
On King Kong for example, the DS looks extremely grainy and something from the 90s.. while the PSP verison is in real, complete 3d.. you might be fooled into thinking it's another game the graphics are so different.

I won't argue that the DS doesn't have good games, because it does. But when it comes to games like GTA, and other mature games, you won't be seeing many (if any) on the DS. Even if the DS's hardware could handle a huge open-world like GTA, Nintendo would never let Rockstar publish one on their system anyway because that'd ruin their "kiddie image"..

Again I've got to point you to Ebay.. it's your friend! I bought my last PSP - a value pack with memory card and a copy of NBA Live 06 (all boxed) for $152.50. The guy also ended up living across the street from me (literally) so I didn't have to pay shipping, I just walked across the street, paid him cash, and had a PSP!
Looking at many other PSPs on Ebay, they are ending in the $150-$180 price range. (Value pack)
Gamestop may drop the price of their used PSP's because they recently lowered the trade-in value from $100 to $80. I can't imagine them keeping it at $180 and making $100 profits.. especially when for only $20 more you can get the new one, complete with box and manuals.
I had a couple of 2gb PSP sticks I was selling for $35 shipped, but they're gone now. I might be able to get a hold of another one for you.

But hey, if you're set on the DS, more power to you.. I went through two of them before it took me to realize it wasn't the system for me.
It's only fair to point out that it could just as easily happened the other way around (as apparently it has with some forum members) of getting a PSP, and then going back to the DS.
I guess it's really what you want out of a handheld. I never spend 2-3 hours in a row on my PSP, let alone a day!
Even on online games like SOCOM, I usually jump online, play thorugh a complete set (up to 11 rounds counter-strike style) and then give it a break. That never lasts more than 25 minutes, usually around 15..
And the same goes with GTA Liberty City Stories, jump in, go on a killing spree to get rid of some stress from work, and in 15-20 minutes, I'm off..

I'll join in and say get both systems though, if you can! If I get some extra money I'll buy a DS Lite again (my 3rd time) just for a few games I'd like to get a hold of, but in the mean time, I'm perfectly fine with the PSP.. and there's no reason why you cant get the system, a case, a good sized memory card and a game for less than $250.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2006, 01:55:58 PM »

Nintendo would never let Rockstar publish one on their system anyway because that'd ruin their "kiddie image"..

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: