http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 07:13:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me pick a portable console system  (Read 6200 times)
Xmann
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ironman in training

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2006, 10:50:48 PM »

I've got some extra $$ burning a hole in my pocket and since i don't want to make a pc upgrade and my Xbox has gotten boring, i've decided to jump into the portable gaming market.  I've never owned anything so this is something new for me.

So what does most recommend?  I'll mostly look to play some adventure/rpg type games.  I'm leaning towards the PsP because quite frankly the graphics look some much better than the other systems, or so that i've seen.

So gimme some yay or nay's for the PsP and a couple games to start with.  Also, has anyone purchased a system from Ebay?  If so, what type of bundle do i need to look for?

Any and all suggestions appreciated smile

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 10:56:47 PM »

Both the DS and PSP are equally awesome and have both eaten up a lot of my time.  The DS lends itself to pick-up-and-play sessions much better than the PSP and the games are much cheaper, but you won't go wrong if you pick up a PSP either as there are some really great games on it as well.

As far as PSP games?   If I had to choose 5 titles from my library to start with, I'd probably go with:
- MLB '06:The Show
- Syphon Filter:Dark Mirror
- Tekken: Dark Resurrection
- Dexter
- LocoRoco

Wipeout Pure and Ridge Racer are also good cheap titles that show what the system can do (Wipeout especially has added a *ton* of additional downloadable content almost doubling the size of the game).  Personally I think Lumines was way overrated, but I know I'm in the minority there smile

Edit: Err, just realized you asked about adventure/RPG games.  As far as RPGs go, XMen Legends 2 is pretty good if you haven't played it yet on any other consoles.  Monster Hunter is a pure grind that's kind of fun, but very difficult playing solo.  Untold Legends 1 & 2 are best avoided.

I've heard nothing but good things about Valkerie Profile, but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 10:58:51 PM by Dimmona » Logged

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 11:03:29 PM »

If you're interested in RPG's, definately go with the DS.  There's a few out already, with a ton more coming out in the next few months (FF III, Xenosaga, Contact, Baten Kaitos, Disciples II, etc.).  Plus, since you mentioned you haven't had a handheld before, I assume you haven't played any of the fantastic RPG's and adventure games for the GBA.  There's an already established library there that could easily keep you gaming for months on end.  For RPG's, the PSP has Valkyrie Profile, and...Valkyrie Profile.  And it doesn't look as if the drought is going to end anytime soon.

However, if graphics are a major issue, then the PSP is your best bet.  Quite honestly, many of the DS games look like ass.  There's a few exceptions, but graphics are certainly not a DS strong point.  Many of the sports, action, & racing games are great on the PSP.

You can't really go wrong with either system at this point.  It just depends on what type of game you want to play.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 11:04:15 PM »

Well the PsP definitely interests me more, but man i like the price of the DS better.  $70 difference is alot and i could grab several more games or save some cash with the DS.  How are the adventure/rpg typr games on the DS?  Are the graphics comparable to the PsP?

And extra stuff the PsP offers such as watching movies and such doesnt interest me.  I'll be doing gaming 100% of the time.  I also wont do anything mp, so i dont know if that factors into the decision either.

and to answer you Gratch, no i havent done any console rpg's.  thats why i'm dissappointed in my Xbox.  Wish i had went with the PS2 because i miss the console rpg type games.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 11:06:19 PM by Xmann » Logged

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 11:23:41 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on September 05, 2006, 11:04:15 PM

Well the PsP definitely interests me more, but man i like the price of the DS better.  $70 difference is alot and i could grab several more games or save some cash with the DS.  How are the adventure/rpg typr games on the DS?  Are the graphics comparable to the PsP?

Simply put, the PSP blows away the DS in the graphics department.  There really isn't much of a comparison.  That being said, all the graphical flair in the world means nothing if the games aren't any good.  I mainly just play RPG's, and the PSP is a barren wasteland of suck in that department with no end in sight.

and to answer you Gratch, no i havent done any console rpg's.  thats why i'm dissappointed in my Xbox.  Wish i had went with the PS2 because i miss the console rpg type games.

Dude, if you're jonesing for JRPG's, get a DS.  Just keep in mind that the current DS RPG crop is pretty lean.  There are so many fantastic GBA RPG's and SRPG's that really are 'must play' titles.  If nothing else, go buy a used GBA (they're, what, $50 now?), with a few games and see if it grabs you.  Golden Sun, Summon Night, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (or Tactics Ogre), Fire Emblem, Advance Wars 2, Mario & Luigi, and Zelda:  Minish Cap would be good starters.  If you don't like it, I'm pretty sure Gamestop lets you return it within a week.

EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2006, 11:25:56 PM »

The graphics on the DS are about on par with the Nintendo 64, or a little better than the Playstation One.  Graphics on the PSP are close to PS2-quality, so there's a big difference.  Most DS games, especially the RPGs, are 2D.  There are a few RPGs for the PSP, but other than Valkyrie Profile, they've been poorly received or are ports of games available for the XBox/PS2.  There aren't many RPGs available for the DS yet, but you do get the whole back catalogue of GBA games, including a lot of RPGs, and there are some great-looking RPGs coming for the DS, and there will probably be more and more as the system goes along.  Also, the DS is home to more handheld-exclusive games, while many of the PSP games are versions of games already available on the regular consoles.

You didn't say, but is there a specific reason you're looking into handhelds rather than getting a PS2?  It's the same price as the DS, and there many great RPGs for the system, as well as many exclusives that weren't available for the XBox.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 11:27:05 PM »

I own both, and I put far more time into my DS (and technically my GBA) it's not even funny. Yeah, the PSP is pretty in the end, but most games suffer heavily in the 'Now Loading' department. DS games just don't have that due to their cart based nature.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 11:30:05 PM »

The graphics on the DS are about on par with the Nintendo 64, or a little better than the Playstation One.  Graphics on the PSP are close to PS2-quality, so there's a big difference.  Most DS games, especially the RPGs, are 2D.

Which makes a huge difference IMO because well done 2D holds up much better than poorly done 3D.  Consequently, I think quite a bit of the GBA/DS offerings look damn fine. 
stuntgibbon
Game Dev
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 11:31:11 PM »

Neither one of them is really an excellent RPG machine right now, imo.  PSP has a lot of them, but generally only very few of them are that interesting.  (probably mostly XML2 and Valkyrie Profile)

DS has some intersting ones coming up like DQ Slime, FF3, etc.   Also Mario and Luigi 2 is a good one. (and already out)  

In general though, I tend to find more games i like on the DS.  Castlevania, Star Fox, New Super Mario Bros, Phoenix Wright, Trauma Center, Kirby Canvas Curse, Sonic Rush, Advanced Wars, Animal Crossing, Nintendogs, Age of Empires, Brain Age, Mario and Luigi, Metroid Hunters, Tony Hawk Sk8land, and so on.  

My favorite PSP titles are Lumines and Daxter, and if you feel like messing with emulators and stuff... scummvm is awesome on there.  smile    PSP tends to be more of a system you need to sit down and spend more time with, kinda like a "big" console.   The DS stuff is much better for short runs (like on the can!) as it's quick loading and the sleep mode is great.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 11:49:11 PM »

Well let me first state the reason i'm in the market for a handheld is because i just never use my Xbox because the wife doesnt play and i'd rather have something i can play while sitting with her to watch tv or lying in bed.  I'm probably gonna sell my Xbox too  for that reason(so keep an eye out in the trading forum for a good deal soon).  Plus the time i get away from the wife for gaming is done on my pc. 

Now back to the handheld discussion............while i'm looking mainly at rpgs, i'm not overlooking adventure and platform type games either.  I'm actually up for anything except shooters, strategy, and sports games. 

Graphics do matter to me, but i'll take gameplay over graphics if it comes down to it.  This will also be something i'll only be playing a couple hours here and there, not 20-30 hours a week.  Something casual while in front of the tube or lying in bed. 

Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 11:52:35 PM »

Get a DS and a SuperCard.

DS games are mostly pick up and play, simplistic junk.  But there are GEMS among those, and the upcoming games list is absolutely breathtaking.. Sim City, Settlers, all kinds of cools hit.

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 11:55:19 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on September 05, 2006, 11:49:11 PM

Well let me first state the reason i'm in the market for a handheld is because i just never use my Xbox because the wife doesnt play and i'd rather have something i can play while sitting with her to watch tv or lying in bed.  I'm probably gonna sell my Xbox too  for that reason(so keep an eye out in the trading forum for a good deal soon).  Plus the time i get away from the wife for gaming is done on my pc. 

I'll thow in an alternate recommendation for the PSOne/LCD combo.  Not portable in the strictest sense because it needs to be plugged in, but I've spent many an hour this year with it lying on the edge of my recliner while my wife watches TV next to me on the couch.  Fantastic $30 investment for me.  You have to put up with very dated graphics (which the 5" LCD helps to hide) but the flip side is you have an entire generation's library to choose from including many, many classic JRPGs.  In fact, it's worked out so well, I'm looking to pick up a Joytech LCD and PS2 thiinline so I can have the same experience with the PS2.

Quote from: Kobra on September 05, 2006, 11:52:35 PM

DS games are mostly pick up and play, simplistic junk.  But there are GEMS among those, and the upcoming games list is absolutely breathtaking.. Sim City, Settlers, all kinds of cools hit.

Er,

I'm actually up for anything except shooters, strategy, and sports games. 
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006, 12:02:14 AM »

alright i think i'm about sold on the DS.  i checked out the list of games stuntgibbon listed and there are several there i remember reading you guys talking about and would love to try...............Trauma Center, Nintendogs, and a bunch of the Mario games.

So, is there a particular model or updated version i need to look to get?  How about accessories?  What do they normally come with and what extra do i need to get?

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2006, 12:10:41 AM »

Quote from: Xmann on September 06, 2006, 12:02:14 AM

So, is there a particular model or updated version i need to look to get?  How about accessories?  What do they normally come with and what extra do i need to get?

DS Lite.  It comes with the charger and a stylus or two.  You don't need anything else except a game. thumbsup

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2006, 12:39:13 AM »

the only extra i would reccomend is a set of screen protectors.  youre going to be scratching at the thing a fair bit, and they run you all of 3 or 4 dollars - well worth it.  other than that its fine out of the box

*edit* - and get golden sun for the game boy if youre looking for rpgs
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2006, 12:40:45 AM »

Quote from: stiffler on September 06, 2006, 12:10:41 AM

Quote from: Xmann on September 06, 2006, 12:02:14 AM

DS Lite.  It comes with the charger and a stylus or two.  You don't need anything else except a game. thumbsup
Well lots of time playing the thing, you'll need it. And don't be surprised if you came home one day and your wife is playing Tetris, or Brain Age or any of the other amazingly fun DS games.

I will say that you sealed it when you said you weren't interested in Sports games, as that is the PSPs strength. Another great thing is the DS has some games that are great and are on clearance at most places. Trace Memory comes to mind.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2006, 01:13:39 AM »

icon_lol

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2006, 02:01:55 AM »

so is GBA games compatible with the DS?  that what you guys are referring to?

Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2006, 02:13:33 AM »

All you need to know;

http://www.mrbass.org/nintendoDS/

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2006, 02:28:32 AM »

umm, not really.  so i need one of those superkey cards to play gba games, but what about that memory card?  that for saved games storage or something?  does the built in memory hold enough for a couple games worth of saves?

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2006, 02:32:30 AM »

Quote from: Xmann on September 06, 2006, 02:01:55 AM

so is GBA games compatible with the DS?  that what you guys are referring to?

To give a quick answer - yes, GBA games are fully compatible (short of any games that offer multiplayer capabilities via a link cable - an optional addon) with the DS. The carts will stick out an inch or two on the DS Lite, but they're fully playable on the console.

You don't need that superkey card for anything short of piracy (and a few legal uses, but mainly it's the start of piracy on the device). Just stick with the real, purchasable games.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
warning

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2006, 02:36:09 AM »

Quote from: Xmann on September 06, 2006, 02:28:32 AM

umm, not really.  so i need one of those superkey cards to play gba games, but what about that memory card?  that for saved games storage or something?  does the built in memory hold enough for a couple games worth of saves?

No no no.  I don't know what the deal with the Superkey thingy is but you do not need it to play GBA games on your DS.  It has a separate slot for GBA games and each GBA game cartridge has its own flash ram built into it that it stores its game saves on.  The DS is built to play both DS games and GBA games right out of the box.

Kobra I'm not sure what the deal is with the site you linked is but he asked a simple question about whether he can play GBA games on the DS.  Linking him to a site that sells flash carts and talks about how to hack your DS seems both unnecessary and kinda shady.
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2006, 02:45:31 AM »

Mrbass doesn't sell shit.  He might LINK to places to get shit, but thats certainly not selling, and they aren't referral links.

Supercard is what makes the DS great.  You can save games in realtime, for example mid-level on Sonic, you can hit a hotkey, and flash save it at that exact location rather than waiting for a waypoint.  Supercard allows you to use miniSD cards, so your DS can function like a hard drive and you can run HomeBrew Nintendo DS stuff, like AIM and MSN messaging on the DS.  Or Scientific Calculators for school, or planners and organizers, or even use it as a Video Ipod. I wouldn't even dream of having a DS without the supercard personally.

Xmann, Supercards are NOT required to play DS games, or GBA games.  Just a tool that really opens up your DS to the full potential of it.

For example, there are homemade games you can play on the Supercard that are quite good, like TBS strategy stuff, such as;

http://www.ndshb.com/cgi-bin/cfiles/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,2,119
A homebrew, Magic the Gathering like game, free..

Or DS Organize, that allows you to use your DS as a decent organizer;
http://www.dragonminded.com/?loc=ndsdev/DSOrganize

« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 02:55:19 AM by Kobra » Logged

warning

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2006, 02:53:15 AM »

Quote from: Kobra on September 06, 2006, 02:45:31 AM

WTF you talking about,  Mrbass doesn't sell shit.  He might LINK to places to get shit, but thats certainly not selling, and they aren't referral links.

Supercard is what makes the DS great.  You can save games in realtime, for example mid-level on Sonic, you can hit a hotkey, and flash save it at that exact location rather than waiting for a waypoint.  Supercard allows you to use miniSD cards, so your DS can function like a hard drive and you can run HomeBrew Nintendo DS stuff, like AIM and MSN messaging on the DS.  Or Scientific Calculators for school, or planners and organizers, or even use it as a Video Ipod. I wouldn't even dream of having a DS without the supercard personally.

Xmann, Supercards are NOT required to play DS games, or GBA games.  Just a tool that really opens up your DS to the full potential of it.

Which is fine but his question was "so is GBA games compatible with the DS?  that what you guys are referring to?"

I think the answer he was looking for was "Yes" or "No" not "Here's a site which will link you to places to buy a Supercard and by the way here's how to hack your DS and flash it with alternate firmware and turn it into some sort of Bionic DS."
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2006, 02:57:39 AM »

If you note, I didn't quote that post of his, because that wasn't the post I was responding to. I was simply giving him a link with additional data, with the best DS games listed (and Supercard shit happened to come along with the ride);  http://www.mrbass.org/nintendoDS/games/

« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 03:05:54 AM by Kobra » Logged

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2006, 03:01:08 AM »

ok, so why does some games have 32mb, 64mb, or 128 mb? 

and to my other question that i dont think got answered...........does the system have internal storage for saved games?

semiconscious

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2006, 03:04:26 AM »

really doubt you'll regret getting a ds, or ever lack for good game to play on it (i like my psp a lot, but it's still short of the great variety of stuff available for the ds(+gba))...

no accessorizing necessary, as far as i'm concerned - buy one, along with, say, castlevania:dos & final fantasy tactics advance (or 2 & a couple of copies of animal crossing for you & the little woman?) & start having some nintendo-type fun...

to answer your question, the games save to the carts...

& yeah, if you like rpgs, you shoulda gone with a ps2 smile ...

"... i'm not against some 'monkey catching'... but i'd rather be collecting pants..."
- snake, 'snake vs monkey' (mgs3:se)
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2006, 03:05:02 AM »

Quote from: Xmann on September 06, 2006, 03:01:08 AM

ok, so why does some games have 32mb, 64mb, or 128 mb? 

and to my other question that i dont think got answered...........does the system have internal storage for saved games?

All saved game stuff is completely internal, no worries about it.  The sizes just mean how "Big" the game is by standards of games, maybe indicating the depth that they might contain or how long you can expect them to be?  (unsure)

Supercard is something I probably shouldn't have confused you with, and saved it for another topic.  Sorry.  Eventually you might want to check into it though to really get your DS kickin'.

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2006, 03:12:27 AM »

alright thanks for all the info. 

I'll check out that supercard after i get my feet wet.  i might as well start a new thread for a few games to start out with.  man there are so many i dont even know what to do.

thanks again everyone!

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2006, 12:57:36 PM »

For screen protectors I like Hori brand, but they are getting harder to find here since EB no longer carries them. You can get them from several sellers via Amazon or thru an importer such as play-asia.com .

For cases, I adore this one which I've been told works well with the DS Lite also (if you go that route). I'll be finding out for myself next week when the Onyx ones arrive  icon_biggrin

Ruining language with my terrible words.
-Lord Ebonstone-
BANNED

get naked

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2006, 01:33:13 PM »

For example, there are homemade games you can play on the Supercard that are quite good, like TBS strategy stuff, such as;

"Homebrew" my ass, that's an almost picture-perfect ripoff of the mini-card-game in Might and Magic VII for the PC called "Arcomage."  3DO intended to release it as its own game at some point (dunno if they ever did).

Screenshot of Arcomage in Might and Magic VII:

(thanks wikipedia)

xbl tag = cthonic horror

NNNOOOOOO!!
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2006, 01:42:17 PM »

Hori screen protectors can be found at http://www.decalgirl.com.  I bought them and was just thinking to myself this weekend how glad I am that I put them on.

For the 8 or 9 bucks shipped, it's definitely worth it.
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2006, 02:30:37 PM »

Quote from: -Lord Ebonstone- on September 06, 2006, 01:33:13 PM

"Homebrew" my ass, that's an almost picture-perfect ripoff of the mini-card-game in Might and Magic VII for the PC called "Arcomage."  3DO intended to release it as its own game at some point (dunno if they ever did).

(thanks wikipedia)

Ripoff or not...that looks interesting.  Must investigate further to see if this flash card is worth it for a homebrew CCG. smile

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2006, 02:57:57 PM »

(thanks wikipedia)

Ahh I didn't know that.  Needless to say, it *IS* hopelessly addicting on the DS.. I played well over a dozen games of it last night. I just wish he tossed WiFI support in, it would be a lot of fun MP.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2006, 03:39:43 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on September 06, 2006, 12:57:36 PM

For screen protectors I like Hori brand, but they are getting harder to find here since EB no longer carries them. You can get them from several sellers via Amazon or thru an importer such as play-asia.com .

If you have a Fry's Electronics in your area, they also carry the Hori brand of screen protectors. They're so clear, you can't even tell they're on. Highly recommended, IMHO.

I KNEW I saw that game before when I saw that screenshot. Thanks for making me not have to search the 'net to find out the name of it.  icon_biggrin

And if you want a case, I very highly recommend the GBA SP case by ALS Industries. Yeah, it says GBA SP on the front of it, but it comes in multiple colors, and it fits the DS perfectly. And it's big enough to hold the console, the charger, and a ton of games. Found it at Best Buy (but couldn't find it on their website for whatever reason). It's NOT this though, that's for sure.

Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2006, 04:29:43 PM »

Hey Destructor, that case I linked to above at Circuit City is an ALS case for DS. Unfortunately, it looks like they don't have any stock frown
I wish we sold that case at work. The first one we got I actually bought at work (it was used).
I loved it so much that as our DS family grew, I had to get more of them.
I only wish it had a second sheet to hold DS games. We have so many these days, with more on the way.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 04:31:36 PM by Misguided » Logged

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2006, 04:47:08 PM »

Make sure to buy the DS from Costco.  Lifetime return policy for the win.

Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2006, 05:05:02 PM »

Quote from: Misguided on September 06, 2006, 04:29:43 PM

Hey Destructor, that case I linked to above at Circuit City is an ALS case for DS. Unfortunately, it looks like they don't have any stock frown

Actually, that's not the one I have. The GBA SP case I'm talking about is pretty much the exact same size as the DS Lite (it's designed to hold the GBA SP and the power supply side by side), just much thicker (so you can toss in lots of games).

*digs around a bit while bored at work*

This is the case I have right now. Apparently they make a DS version of it as well, but it's not as colorful as the case I have (I saw it in blue, red, and black). Although CC says that colors vary, so who knows what colors they come in. The GBA SP case has a shoulder strap in it though.

Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2006, 05:58:42 PM »

Quote from: Kobra on September 06, 2006, 04:47:08 PM

Make sure to buy the DS from Costco.  Lifetime return policy for the win.

+1.  They've got a decent bundle if you're already interested in the New Super Mario game.  I don't use much of the extra crap that came with it (I only play it at home, so I don't have much need for a case at this point), but it's basically all free.  Case, cleaning pad, headphones, and a couple other doo-dads.

Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2006, 06:28:15 PM »

i dont have a Costco nearby.  can i buy it online and return it if i ever have a problem? 

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: