http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 03:59:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me find a game (Helped)  (Read 257 times)
Fafhrd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2013, 03:41:16 PM »

This is a Pc game, it wasn't released in stores, you could only get it on the website. It is a Rpg first person dungeon crawler (Ala Eye of the beholder) but nicer graphics. You had either 4 or 6 characters, with lots of classes to choose from. There was a demo released with the first 3 or 4 levels of the games dungeon. I think the 3rd or 4th level had a hidden exit to the next level, but finding that hidden exit then ended the demo. I don't know when it came out, but I played and enjoyed the demo many times 10-15 years ago. The website sold the game for 40+ I believe.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 10:35:36 AM by Fafhrd » Logged

Change is in the wind...
rittchard
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2013, 06:32:43 PM »

I doubt this is it but I was reading a post with a bunch of first person old school games.  The guy recommended one called Yendorian Tales 3 which he claims was essentially a really good might and magic clone.  It's abandons are now but can be downloaded here:

http://www.terrybutler.co.uk/misc/yendorian-tales-the-tyrants-of-thaine/

Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 06:49:47 PM »

There was something called Devil's Whiskey. It was unofficially based on The Bards Tale series.

Nothing else is coming to mind.
Fafhrd
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 02:51:38 AM »

Thanks Crawley, while the game isnt Devil's Whiskey, the website did lead me to another website that has the game http://www.decklinsdemise.com/news.php    The game is Demise, though I'm not sure if it was Demise: Ascension. or DEMISE: Rise of the Ku'Tan. So I will be getting both.  Thanks for both of your replies, I had searched websites for 2 days before posting this question and had all but given up.

Change is in the wind...
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 05:30:18 PM »

Never heard of the Ascension game but it looks like it could be a very fun dungeon crawler. Watched a bit of a "lets play" video on it and was surprised to hear that each class has like over 1,000 dungeon levels to go through. Now that's a dungeon crawl. Giving the demo a try.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 05:47:10 PM »

If you're looking for an updated dungeon crawler in the same vein, Legend of Grimrock might scratch the same itch as well.  smile  And it has Steam Workshop support for player-made mods and adventures.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: