http://gamingtrend.com
December 22, 2014, 01:48:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help find me a fun and not too hard single player 360 game  (Read 1095 times)
Xmann
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ironman in training

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2006, 11:14:33 AM »

Let me explain........

So far the only thing i have finished on the 360 is Gears of War.  Really didn't find it too gripping early, but as it progressed i loved it.  Right now i'm plugging though Rainbow 6 Vegas, but it's kicking my butt.  I'm having to replay numerous parts of each mission repeatedly, to the point it's not fun and i'm ready to quit.  I didn't find GoW particularly hard, i guess because although you had to use cover, i didn't have to use tactics like R6.  I've died more in the first 3 missions of R6 than i did in the entire GoW campaign.

So i'm wanting a game that has a good single player campaign and something that is fairly easy to get through.  Doesn't necessarily have to be a shooter, but it seems to fit the bill nicely because running and gunning is always fun.  I was thinking of something like Condemned or Marvel Ultimate Alliance.  I just don't like having to think and plan much on a game.  Linear is perfectly fine with me as long as it's fun.

Anyone give me some ideas on some games that are fun single player?  Condemned or Ultimate Alliance decent?

warning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 12:05:57 PM »

Maybe Lego Star Wars II?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 12:12:05 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on December 01, 2006, 11:14:33 AM

Let me explain........

Doesn't necessarily have to be a shooter, but it seems to fit the bill nicely because running and gunning is always fun. 

This might be why you are having trouble with R6.  It's very much not a run and gun shooter. Neither is Gears really, but you can certainly play Casual like it is and do pretty well.

Of the games I've played I'd suggest Saint's Row for single player or Lego Star Wars II, both were very fun and pretty easy SP.
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 12:29:41 PM »

Kameo.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 01:08:12 PM »

I'm trying to have patience with R6 and take my time, but i just suck.  I am getting killed routinely during missions, regardless of how slow and careful i am.  Very very frustrating.  I went through GoW in casual fairly easily and enjoyed it alot.

I've already played Lego Star Wars on the ps2, so i have no use for that.  I've never played any of the GTA type games on any system, so i might have some interest in those.  Saints Row, Just Cause, The Godfather, Scarface.  Which of these is generally regarded as the most fun with a decent single player to it?  Anything new releasing soon i might want to keep an eye on?

Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 01:18:59 PM »

I think Saint's Row had the most intuitive and easy to get used to controls of those you mentioned.  It's pretty vulgar though, that'd be my only warning in case you play with kids around.  There's a lot of language and sexual references in it.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 01:33:56 PM »

Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires

Pure hack'n'slash fun and not really anything to learn..

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
JLu

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006, 03:59:41 PM »

Of those you mention, I only played through Condemmed which I'd highly recommend (as a rental).  It only took me a weekend to play through, and did get tough towards the end, but I enjoyed the heck out of it (and in surround sound, it made me jump out of my seat more than once)...

XBox Live Gamertag: JLu
markus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006, 05:05:19 PM »

As others have said, Condemned is a great choice, unless you're a big fraidy cat like me and jump every time you kick over a paint bucket  saywhat

Going back and picking up the cheaper games is a good option and you'll find some good fun and not an overly hard challenge with games like Gun, Kameo and Tomb Raider: Legends.
shaggydoug
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006, 05:26:39 PM »

It seems like COD2 on the easy settings would fit the bill as well.   I played it on the PC and I would expect the 360 version to be similar.

mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006, 05:29:30 PM »

Absolutely loved Condemned and have played through it twice, and still don't own it.  Just rented it each time.  First game I finished on my 360.  One of only 3 I have finished on my new system.  The rest got too hard, got boring fast, or something, but I left them behind and never went back.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
coopasonic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 06:55:26 PM »

Quote from: markus on December 01, 2006, 05:05:19 PM

you'll find some good fun and not an overly hard challenge with games like Gun, Kameo and Tomb Raider: Legends.

The final boss in Gun was controller-throwing frustrating for me.

It was this moment that took the movie from being a little ho-hum to “holy shit, did that shark just eat a plane!?”
Simon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006, 07:58:17 PM »

I just got my 360 recently and have been really enjoying Kameo, it's short from what I've read but overall it's a lot of fun. I'm more of a "running and gunning" kind of FPS fan too so I'm also planning on picking up Perfect Dark Zero soon, the demo/reviews seem like it would be a good fit for that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: