http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 12:31:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hellgate returns! Open Beta!  (Read 2870 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2010, 03:34:03 PM »

Hellgate returns?  I wonder if we'll have to buy a whole new copy or if our old ones will work.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 06:46:29 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 04:50:03 PM »

I like it better than Borderlands  eek.

morlac00 on PSN
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 06:02:13 PM »

So I have a lifetime subscription.  What about me?  Do I get screwed again?

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 06:08:18 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on January 18, 2010, 06:02:13 PM

So I have a lifetime subscription.  What about me?  Do I get screwed again?

I'm sure they could re-activate it for a small fee  Tongue

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 06:18:11 PM »

My reactions:
A) RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! IT'S THE SIGN OF THE APOCALYPSE!!!!  paranoid
B) Just remember -- this is the Hanbitsoft Hellgate: London. Not those incredibly talented, "We won't release it until it's done! smirk" wunderkind Flagship Studios guys!  Roll Eyes

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 06:47:10 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on January 18, 2010, 06:02:13 PM

So I have a lifetime subscription.  What about me?  Do I get screwed again?
Ron, that was always Hellgate: London's motto!  icon_razz

Seriously, anyone's subscriptions back then were effectively agreements with Namco Bandai. Since the news release said they sold the publishing rights to HanbitSoft -- I presume they either wouldn't or couldn't share subscriber data in that deal; people should probably hope their credit card info isn't getting passed around willy nilly like that without their permission -- HanbitSoft is presumably starting from scratch, not taking over old H:L subscriptions.

Now if the rights sale included specific subscriber data too, then all bets are off. My best guess though is the original Hellgate's subscriptions (monthly or lifetime) died with it. If they try to market it as a $15-monthly game or even $12 a month, I forsee just a second round of Dooommmm.

Since HanbitSoft is a South Korean company (where Free to Plays seem to largely rule), I wouldn't be surprised to see the new H:L be a free-to-play with optional microtransactions.

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 07:29:56 PM »

Quote from: morlac on January 18, 2010, 04:50:03 PM

Sweet, are you serious!?!  I thought I was one of the only fans of this game!  Would love to see it make some sort of comeback.
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 08:16:30 PM »

cool, i can not buy it again.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 08:20:24 PM »

I liked the game - had lots of charm. I'd never pay a subscription fee for it though, but it was a fun game, and yeah - Liked it a lot better than Borderlands as well

A new one
Darkstar One
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 10:35:54 PM »

The article said they were going to do it as free-to-play.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 10:37:14 PM »

Quote from: Darkstar One on January 18, 2010, 10:35:54 PM

The article said they were going to do it as free-to-play.
See! I'm not surprised!  biggrin

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 01:00:10 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on January 18, 2010, 07:29:56 PM

I like it better than Borderlands  eek.

Sweet, are you serious!?!  I thought I was one of the only fans of this game!  Would love to see it make some sort of comeback.

Indeed I am!  Borderlands has it's bajillion guns but I'll take Hellgate's over it any day. Much more variety and moddable to boot.  Plus the characters classes had better/sexier skills and progression.  I didn't go lifetime but did sub for a couple months.  
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 10:07:45 PM by morlac » Logged

morlac00 on PSN
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 04:19:45 PM »

Hellgate Returns with Closed Beta this June
Hell is Back in North America

LOS ANGELES - May 19, 2011
T3 Entertainment, Redbana and HanbitSoft today announced the return of Hellgate to North America. The game will launch as a free-to-play MMO in closed beta from June 3rd to June 5th. A full launch is expected later this year. Information on beta access will be announced soon at: http://hellgate.t3fun.com/

Players are invited to return to Hellgate this June to fight for the survival of the human race. Join a party online to fight against evil with a team or play solo if you’re brave enough. Choose your character from six different unique class types and prepare for battle against creatures from hell. Arm yourself with a wide variety of weapons and armor and dismantle the ones you don’t need to obtain rare scrap metals. Enhance your weapons with upgrades and relics to have the best chance of survival.

When Hellgate returns, you better be ready.

Follow Hellgate on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube.

About Hellgate
Hellgate is an action RPG that allows you to play in a first-person or third-person perspective. Set 27 years into the future, an ancient prophecy made centuries ago has come true and the gates of hell have opened. Demons have overrun the world of man and roam our lands, destroying, pillaging and killing humans. With the world above ground abandoned, dark and burnt to hellfire, humans are forced into hiding to protect what remains of their race while making plans to take back a world that was once theirs. In the game, mankind escapes to the underground system under the sprawling metropolis of London. Prepare for a struggle for survival in a world that has become hell.

About T3 Entertainment
T3 Entertainment is a major Korean MMO developer and publisher of online games with branches in Korea, Great Britain, China, Taiwan, and Japan. Its name was established in the Asian market with the blockbuster hit 'Audition' and has been quickly expanding since, with over 300 million current users in North and South America, Europe, and Asia. With a large work-force and skill in the development of online games, T3 Entertainment has won a “Best Game of the Year” award on numerous occasions for its various titles. In conjunction with Hanbitsoft, the company operates an online games portal consolidating its latest and most popular Free-to-Play MMO titles, found atwww.T3Fun.com. For more information about T3 Entertainment, please visit: www.t3.co.kr.

About Redbana
Formed in April 2008, Redbana Corporation is the North American publishing arm of Korea’s leading videogame developer and publisher, T3 Entertainment. With the considerable support of its parent company, Redbana ultimately aims to take a place among the elite interactive entertainment studios in the North American market by offering the most high-quality and entertaining online games in the world that appeal to a wide audience of consumers. The company has released Audition Online, a rhythm-based online dance game with more than 300 million registered players worldwide, and most recently launched CardMon Hero, a popular Korean card-summoning MMORPG, while continuing development on the fast-paced hack-and-slash MMORPG Mythos. For more information about Redbana, please visit www.redbana.com.

About HanbitSoft Inc.
HanbitSoft Inc. is one of the largest online game publishers in Korea as well as in Asia. HanbitSoft has continuously invested in developing and publishing excellent and promising online games. HanbitSoft has broad portfolio of online games ranging from casual games to high-end MMORPG’s, either developed in-house or by external development studios such as Joy Impact (WYD and MMORPG AIKA) IMC Games (Granado Espada), etc. HanbitSoft games have reached out to more than 40 countries including Europe and Brazil and it is focusing on pioneering overseas online game markets in an effort to be a “global leading publisher.” For more information, visit www.hanbitsoft.com.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 04:42:08 PM »

But will there be any answer to Ron Burke's plea, "Hey guys, is my Hellgate lifetime subscription still worth anything?"  icon_smile

And what's the idea with a Hellgate beta? That's out of line with the game's history. No testing allowed!  icon_lol Make the game, sick it on the paying players and BOOM, we figure it out. That's the Hellgate way! Beta testing is crazy talk! I won't stand for it!  smirk
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 04:46:39 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 05:14:43 PM »

You're in luck. Sounds like the closed beta is only 2 days long. Maybe they can catch all the bugs in that time...

Playing: ? 360 | FO: New Vegas | BF4 PC / 360 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 04:34:53 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on May 19, 2011, 05:14:43 PM

You're in luck. Sounds like the closed beta is only 2 days long. Maybe they can catch all the bugs in that time...
High five! icon_smile

Seriously, I want it to be good and I'd love to check it out later but the idea of beta-testing Hellgate even under new devs/owners scares me.  paranoid

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 06:46:37 PM »

Has anyone actually accessed that website?   I keep getting nothing.

hellgate.t3fun.com
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 07:57:52 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on May 20, 2011, 06:46:37 PM

Has anyone actually accessed that website?   I keep getting nothing.

hellgate.t3fun.com
Worked for me at work:
http://hellgate.t3fun.com/Home/Home.aspx

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Goldchamp
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2011, 09:02:42 PM »

I'll be in day 1. But I've beta tested it enough smile
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2011, 09:25:53 PM »

I'm doubtful about this, as all of the parties involved don't seem to have much of a track record. At least with the original game, we knew there was some talent at Flagship studios, but they ran out of time and $ and released an unfinished game. Actually wasn't Hanbitsoft -also involved in this game- a big factor in it being pushed out the door too early?
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2011, 01:15:49 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on May 20, 2011, 09:25:53 PM

I'm doubtful about this, as all of the parties involved don't seem to have much of a track record. At least with the original game, we knew there was some talent at Flagship studios, but they ran out of time and $ and released an unfinished game. Actually wasn't Hanbitsoft -also involved in this game- a big factor in it being pushed out the door too early?
AFIK, publisher Namco was the culprit on the horribly premature release if you look at it that way. "That way" being the view that it wasn't Flagship's fault the game launched in such shoddy condition or that they were majorly revamping the game literally the day it launched. The other view probably being that Flagship was just screwed up, period.  icon_razz

In retrospect, if they'd licensed an engine rather than building their own from scratch, Flagship probably would've had a better chance of survival. My understanding (from Bill Roper's post-mortem interviews over the years) is that the "from scratch" part meant it took them forever just to get an engine in shape much less a polished debut game.

Hanbitsoft has lots of history in Korea but it seems mostly in distributing or "exporting" of other company's games, including Blizzard's, and setting up game portals:
http://www.hanbitsoft.com/about/company/history.asp

My jokes aside, I'm hoping that by working on a fun albeit often screwed up game, rather than trying to concoct something entirely from scratch, they can polish Hellgate into something, if not a gem.  icon_smile

I always wonder if Roper, Brevik & Co. would've abandoned Blizzard North if they'd have known the Vivendi ownership situation was going to resolve itself in 2008 like it did (announced in Dec. 2007). Roper said they just got tired of waiting for that situation to resolve itself, but the Activision-acquires-Vivendi (and Blizzard under it) announcement ironically came just a couple months after Hellgate's Oct. 2007 release.

If I sound like a Hellgate-basher, I would say, not really.  icon_smile I have fond memories of the game but also a lot of bad ones, and I think I literally ran the disc through a shredder upon reading of Flagship's demise.  icon_twisted I regret it now, but hey, it felt right at the time I did it.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 01:20:49 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2011, 06:11:43 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on January 18, 2010, 07:29:56 PM

Sweet, are you serious!?!  I thought I was one of the only fans of this game!  Would love to see it make some sort of comeback.
I loved Hellgate.  I feel like it was at once overhyped and over-criticized.  To be fair, I didn't have too many technical difficulties.  I hope someone can redo this game right.  The loot system was awesome, the combat had some nice ARPG viscerality and it was challenging.  I was fairly addicted to it for a while.

This one is on the house...and this one is better than ever...
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2011, 07:47:05 PM »

My only hope is they don't overdo the kids are heroes things, that Japanese for some reason do in their games. Its Hellgate:Tokyo after all

A new one
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2011, 12:44:12 AM »

OK I'm signed up now, I guess it's a 50/50 chance to get into the CBT (hehe every time I see those initials I think of something else but I won't say it here).

I hope they just get the online portion working again, would be nice to have persistent servers to play this game.  I've said it before so many times, but it boggles my mind just how far the industry has NOT progressed in the past 10+ years in terms of having stable, persistent/closed servers for ARPGS.  After Diablo 2, there pretty much has not been a really successful implementation.  Some attempts like Warrior Epic and Dungeon Runners, but it seems like the ARPGs that people really liked (Titan Quest and Torchlight) never provided the online component, while those that did were not well received.  Is it really that difficult?
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2011, 05:47:18 AM »

From what I understand if you apply to the Closed beta test you are in. You get the "Your courage has been noted" thing it means you are in.

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2011, 05:49:23 AM »

I miss my evoker.  It was the first pure mage that I played in any kind of action rpg or mmo.  Almost all of the skill paths were fun.  Plus, there was something really cool about the dark, sci-fi fantasy look of the evoker.  I liked my engineer too.  
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2011, 06:22:13 PM »

Quote from: SkyLander on May 22, 2011, 05:47:18 AM

From what I understand if you apply to the Closed beta test you are in. You get the "Your courage has been noted" thing it means you are in.

I looked at the FAQ and it said something about a 50/50 chance.  But either way I didn't get anything resembling a key, and it looks like today there were sites giving out actual keys, most of which are apparently no longer available.  For a game that was so widely panned and reviled, it sure seems to have quite a bit of interest lol.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2011, 05:36:57 PM »

The gates (open beta) of Hell(gate) opened today...
Hellgate Welcomes All as Open Beta Begins Thursday, June 30!

Two New Game Modes and Four Special Events Revealed for OBT Launch

LOS ANGELES - June 24, 2011
T3 Entertainment’s free-to-play MMO Hellgate will launch Open Beta Testing for North American and European audiences on June 30th, 2011. The Open Beta will include two new game modes – the PvP Duel Area and the zombie-infested Cow Room.

Duel Area allows players to participate in a player-vs.-player mode. Players may opt to modify game settings and other battle rules while choosing from four possible areas: Abandoned Passage, Black Wall Way, Forgotten Grave, and Passage of Hallucination. In the Duel Area, players enter Death Match mode and must kill members of the opposing team. To aid combatants in the frenzy, Recovery Crystals are available near each team’s base, allowing players to recover HP, MP and shields. The winning team will get PvP points, which may be used to purchase accessories, pets and other items in-game. PvP updates will be posted on Hellgate’s website, where weekly top ten players will be rewarded.

Despite its name, the Cow Room won’t involve our milk-making friends. Instead, it will be crawling with a team of zombies - normal zombies and mummified. While the zombies may appear weak, players must remain vigilant and slay the Cow Room boss and his zombie cronies, all while avoiding a vision-reducing Sandstorm. But in order to enter the Cow Room, players first need to complete a special recipe to create a key. Players that can handle the madness have a chance to gain the newest and rarest Hellgate item drops.

In addition to the two new game modes, Hellgate will celebrate the Open Beta launch with four special events to strengthen the growing Hellgate community. The Guild Reservoir event will encourage teamwork and collaboration as guilds with 30 or more members join together to earn rewards including nano shards or Palladiums on a per member basis. The Daily Supplies event will run for one month and will scatter daily supplies ranging from Resurrection scrolls to Power message abilities around the Greenwich headquarters. Once a day players will have a chance to acquire up to four awesome items.

How can players level up faster? To Level in Hell will challenge players to level up as fast as they can until level 20. The Game Masters will pick 10 lucky entries to win 3,000 TCoins each. Hellgate will be giving away more than ever before with their final event for Open Beta, Level and Be Rewarded, which will bestow special prizes on all players who reach level 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, and 50. There is truly a special prize waiting for everyone when you enter the Hellgate Open Beta on June 30!

To find out more about Hellgate and to sign up for the OBT, visit http://hellgate.t3fun.com.

Follow Hellgate on:
-Facebook: www.facebook.com/HellgateGlobal
-Twitter: www.twitter.com/hellgateglobal
-Youtube: www.youtube.com/hellgateglobal
The rest is blah blah blah about Hanbitsoft and its partners...

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2011, 07:32:27 PM »

What's going on guild-wise?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2011, 07:36:20 PM »

I hear all the former lifetime subscribers are being put into their own guild so everyone else can use the new point and laugh emote at them  icon_twisted

Because I can,
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2011, 07:42:18 PM »

Downloading this right now, and am up for a guild!

A new one
Vidiot

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2011, 07:59:12 PM »

I will need to download this tonight.  Is there more than one server to worry about?
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2011, 08:00:12 PM »

IMPORTANT INFO:

http://forum.t3fun.com/hellgate/general-discussions/faq-ticket-system-1563

- Ticket Concerns -

What is this ticket system?
- This "ticket" would appear as an in-game item that is available in our premium item mall. By using this, it would allow you to have access to Act3 contents till Abyss.

What are the contents that's you can open when you activate one ticket?
- Acts 3-5
- Stonehenge
- 2nd Attack
- Abyss

*** On a side note: There will be no need for a Stonehenge Ticket. To enter a dungeon in Stonehenge, the character needs to talk to the altar near the portal to give 5 essences (the type of essence depends on the dungeon that you would like to enter).

How much would that ticket cost?
- 4000 Tcoins.

Do we have to purchase tickets for every character?
- No, the ticket is good for all 6 characters that you would create in your account. To make things simpler, 1 ticket = 1 account access

Do we have to pay for it monthly or does the ticket have expiration?
- No, the ticket has no expiration and is permanent once the account has been granted access.

Where can I buy the ticket?
- The ticket can be purchased through the in-game item shop. To open the item shop, you can click on the small "Premium Shop" button that is located just below the mini map. You can also use the shortcut key/button - "c".

- Other Concerns -

Will there be a character wipe?
 - There will be no character wipe for this phase (the one that's gonna start this today - June 30, 2011).

How will I charge/load my account with Tcoins?
 - click here
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2011, 08:56:39 PM »

aaand, the servers are down...

A new one
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2011, 08:58:51 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on June 30, 2011, 07:42:18 PM

Downloading this right now, and am up for a guild!
Shouldn't we like wait and make sure this open beta client doesn't like make our PCs all spontaneously blow up first?  paranoid icon_smile

Quote from: Razgon on June 30, 2011, 08:56:39 PM

aaand, the servers are down...
And that sounds like the Hellgate we all know and love.  smirk

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2011, 09:05:08 PM »

The servers are down because the game doesn't come up until 7:30 EDT.
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2011, 09:13:12 PM »

Yeah, just noticed that...why say its out on the 30th then, when it clearly isn't!! It will be past midnight then here!

Anyways, I could have read the website ;-)

A new one
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2011, 11:36:10 PM »

Downloading now!

loved me some Hellgate.

morlac00 on PSN
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2011, 12:45:36 AM »

Quote from: morlac on June 30, 2011, 11:36:10 PM

Downloading now!

loved me some Hellgate.

same

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Hotfreak

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2011, 01:06:11 AM »

I'm excited!

This one is on the house...and this one is better than ever...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: