http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 11:36:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hellgate: London - Show us your loot! [56k warning]  (Read 10105 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2007, 02:42:57 PM »

Hell of an upgrade there Blackjack!  Nice...

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2007, 02:37:57 AM »

Am I the only person still playing? Oh Hellgate, how I hate thee and yet I keep playing.  saywhat

Finally got a good vest while doing a co-op mission with someone tonight:

Natch, just as we were finishing his mission (Death's whatever) so we could try to tackle this Tech 314 Mind Mysteries mission that's make me crazy... he got hungry and had to leave. ARGH!  crybaby

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2007, 03:54:09 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 17, 2007, 02:37:57 AM

Am I the only person still playing? Oh Hellgate, how I hate thee and yet I keep playing.  saywhat

Finally got a good vest while doing a co-op mission with someone tonight:

Natch, just as we were finishing his mission (Death's whatever) so we could try to tackle this Tech 314 Mind Mysteries mission that's make me crazy... he got hungry and had to leave. ARGH!  crybaby

I'm still playing.  smile  I have a L 17 Engineer and a L9 Guardian. 

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2007, 02:39:48 PM »

I (Blackjach in game) welcome help from anyone, any level with Mind Mysteries. I hate being stuck in the game because of one stupid, bug-ridden (or "engine bugs" make it near impossible to complete solo, I should say) mission/quest.  icon_cry

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2007, 09:31:02 PM »

I am still sort of playing... but having a 6 day old baby somewhat limits my playtime.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2007, 04:06:17 AM »

Something of a loot extravaganza...

* Finally got a Legendary weapon drop. I ended up giving this Arc rifle to the fella teaming with me has he had been a good chap and we spent a couple of hours in co-op. He mentioned being crazy about Arc rifles so I passed it along. smile

* Some boots finally of use...

* This isn't legendary, or even anything, but I dig the camo green, it has solid base damage (77) and I'm using it quite a bit for now

I found it useful to put in a "Reduce Tactical skill power usage by 5%" mod. smile

Not sure what the "B-770" on the side here stands for.  icon_confused
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 04:08:00 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2007, 04:10:02 AM »

And why does a contact give you such cool... and totally useless "laser eye sight" goggles? (no stats, has no effect from what I can see  icon_confused):

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2007, 04:48:03 AM »

You need those 'laser-sight' goggles when you go into areas that are utterly black. No, it's not another bug - it's just designed that way. And even with the goggles, it really, REALLY sucks.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2007, 06:04:57 AM »

Oh yeah, forgot those, thanks for reminder so I don't sell them by mistake. smile

But ya know, I really do have some zones where the graphical textures don't load for like 10 seconds and I get either really dark graphics or "textureless" graphics for a while. Bizarre. Fella I teamed with tonight had a case where his screen went totally White, and he had to log out and back in.

And along with that, do you know why the MP client won't retain my graphics settings? It's like I can change them for one session, but the next time I log in everything is back to "max" in graphical options and it's heck on my frame rate.  icon_confused

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2007, 05:20:42 PM »

I finally got a decent Legendary belt to drop (though the Str requirement is a pain):

Also took a few moments to finally figure out the basic crafting/dismantling stuff, and to use the Augmentor (good for the Vanilla 20mm rifle I mentioned above) though I'm finding it difficult to really pile up the dough at this point (my overhead's too high  Tongue):

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2007, 05:27:28 PM »

Aaand, got some red (orange?) gloves and a new type grenade launcher thingie. I like the look, even if it's a bit more, uh, Freudian than I'd like.  icon_cool Actually it looks a lot like a boom microphone...

I just wear the goggles in the lower level town zones to impress the locals.  icon_biggrin
I guess I should try saving up and putting the goggles in the Augmentor, maybe I'll get some modifiers good enough to wear them all the time.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 07:47:29 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2007, 06:51:08 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 18, 2007, 05:27:28 PM

Aaand, got some red (orange?) gloves and a new type grenade launcher thingie. I like the look, even if it's a bit more, uh, Freudian than I'd like.  icon_cool Actually it looks a lot like a boom microphone...

"Can you hear my weapon now?"

I'll be here all week. Tongue

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2007, 01:37:15 PM »

"Lotta Slots."

I just need to save up enough to run it through the Augmentor for some interesting stats first.  icon_cool

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2007, 02:05:17 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 19, 2007, 01:37:15 PM

"Lotta Slots."

I just need to save up enough to run it through the Augmentor for some interesting stats first.  icon_cool

I found a 7 slot sniper like this the other day but chucked it as it didn't have any special properties at all....mistake?

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2007, 02:41:51 PM »

I have been trying to farm Sydonai for sorst eime t loot with no luck so far.  The very first time I killed the bastard I got some decent drops but it has been mostly crap greens the last few runs.  And it isn't like it is an easy run.  My guardian is lvl 29 but I get smacked down pretty hard in hell.  Sadly armor does jack shit for protecting against elemental damage it would seem.  Gotta get my resists up somehow.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2007, 02:52:12 PM »

Quote from: Arkon on November 19, 2007, 02:41:51 PM

I have been trying to farm Sydonai for sorst eime t loot with no luck so far.  The very first time I killed the bastard I got some decent drops but it has been mostly crap greens the last few runs.

You get HEAVILY penalized in drops if you try to farm bosses. The first time you get the best 'stuff' (or at least the chance for it), then so-so on the second, and then rarely ever anything above green quality for the third and up.

Arkon

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2007, 03:27:42 PM »

Quote from: Destructor on November 19, 2007, 02:52:12 PM

Quote from: Arkon on November 19, 2007, 02:41:51 PM

I have been trying to farm Sydonai for sorst eime t loot with no luck so far.  The very first time I killed the bastard I got some decent drops but it has been mostly crap greens the last few runs.

You get HEAVILY penalized in drops if you try to farm bosses. The first time you get the best 'stuff' (or at least the chance for it), then so-so on the second, and then rarely ever anything above green quality for the third and up.

Well that really sucks.  I am about 6 levels too low to actually make progress in nightmare.  And don't they have achievements for killing a boss like 1000 times?
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2007, 05:50:47 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on November 19, 2007, 02:05:17 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on November 19, 2007, 01:37:15 PM

"Lotta Slots."

I found a 7 slot sniper like this the other day but chucked it as it didn't have any special properties at all....mistake?
If you use the Augmentor gizmo (next to the merchant in each town), you can pay Paladium to add a single property, a Rare set of properties, or a Legendary set of properties. I can't imagine saving up enough to add Legendary, but it might be worth trying to add at least one property to a vanilla item to try to make it more useful (at least in my case, cause I've only ever found one legendary weapon as loot). I added a 63% critical to my green 20mm rifle which was helpful.

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2007, 01:35:15 PM »

I'm trying to save up enough to use the Augmentor to add Rare properties to that 7-slot sniper rifle. But it costs more than 6,000 paladium, and due to overhead costs (a Marksman gobbles health packs and energy bottles like Tic-Tacs disgust) and most of the loot I find just not fetching very much, I seem to have a hard time saving up more than maybe 4,300 or so.

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2007, 04:53:11 AM »

A fella informed me I could use the Augmentor as many times as I want up until the item's "attributes slots" (which aren't really visible like mod slots are, I don't know what the exact limit is) are used up. He recommended just repeatedly adding "common" modifiers, saying the Rare modifier set augmentation is usually a waste. So, like so...

My grenades are killing my marksman, power consumption wise, so the 10% discount is much appreciated. smile

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 21, 2007, 12:37:03 PM »

I managed to pick up a 7 slot sniper with +47% (or thereabouts) critical.  All modded and upgraded it does about 180 points of damage per shot.

What is this zooming you are doing?  Guess I missed that part of the tutorial.  Am I firing from the hip with this thing??

Oh, and that -10% to Tactical cost?  Sweet!

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2007, 02:26:44 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on November 21, 2007, 12:37:03 PM

I managed to pick up a 7 slot sniper with +47% (or thereabouts) critical.  All modded and upgraded it does about 180 points of damage per shot.

What is this zooming you are doing?  Guess I missed that part of the tutorial.  Am I firing from the hip with this thing??

Oh, and that -10% to Tactical cost?  Sweet!
The zooming is a Tactical skill [Sniper skill] in the Marksman set (Engineers might have it available, not sure) that adds tremendous damage, accuracy and range -- but fixes you in place, constricts visibility, devours power etc. For the sniper rifle weapon swap slot, I assign that skill to the right mouse button.

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2007, 02:56:39 PM »

Guess I'm shooting from the hip - I don't think I get that skill. smile

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2007, 03:23:35 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on November 21, 2007, 02:56:39 PM

Guess I'm shooting from the hip - I don't think I get that skill. smile

Nope. You be an Engineer - you're so badass, you don't need a scope to shoot your sniper rifle accurately. biggrin

And weapons/armor can only be modded to have a total of 5 enhancements. It won't let you put in any more than that.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2007, 04:23:04 PM »

It's the 200% damage "buff" that makes it worthwhile. You can 1- and 2-shot kill a lot pesky beasts.  icon_cool

By enhancements do you mean the modifiers that the Augmentrix thingie adds? I am definitely belatedly trying to add as many of the common modifiers as possible. Saving up 1,800 Paladium isn't so hard, but I just couldn't easily save up 6,000+ for the rare Augmentrix option.

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2007, 05:03:04 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 21, 2007, 04:23:04 PM

It's the 200% damage "buff" that makes it worthwhile. You can 1- and 2-shot kill a lot pesky beasts.  icon_cool

By enhancements do you mean the modifiers that the Augmentrix thingie adds? I am definitely belatedly trying to add as many of the common modifiers as possible. Saving up 1,800 Paladium isn't so hard, but I just couldn't easily save up 6,000+ for the rare Augmentrix option.

????? What are you spending money on?  I always have no less than 15,000 bucks in pocket at level 18. 

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2007, 06:11:50 PM »

Engies have much lower overhead as far as healthkits (I don't have any other means of healing) and power potions (marksmen have to shoot and toss grenades like maniacs, no droids to do the heavy lifting  icon_biggrin).

I'm not finding they drop often enough (during my co-op group last night I consistently ran out of both items altogether), and I have to buy them and the identifier things like candy. Beyond that my loot drops even at L19 are consistently crappy and virtually nothing I get off the ground is worth more than maybe 120 paladium.

I am experimenting with breaking stuff down into materials, making things and seeing if selling those makes more money, but I'm not really putting a lot of time into understanding that stuff.

Right now I'm using the Augmentrix thing every time I have more than 1,800 paladium, so it's kind of a moot point.

In summary, I don't pretend to know the "correct" way to play this game. I'm probably broke because I'm just doing everything wrong and my character build is awful. But I am playing, and having fun -- at least sometimes  Roll Eyes -- so that's how it is right now. smile

I really would love some ability to "re-spec" my character though.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 06:15:41 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Malificent
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2007, 06:48:22 PM »

I sell everything that isn't my class and break down everything that is my class that I'm not going to use. That seems to work well for producing stuff for the nano forge that I can actually use while still giving me some cash to use. If I wasn't an addict for the augmentor, I'd have tons of money.

Funny though, my marksman doesn't have a single grenade skill at level 17. I'm really enjoying the class though.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2007, 06:57:48 PM »

I'm all about just playing - screw the 'right way'.  I'm here for fun, not math. smile

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
javahead

Coffee is Murder!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2007, 07:24:09 PM »

Gah, my Van-Halen-bot got whacked...here it is again, for posterity (or posteriority perhaps?)
 finger (Yes, it has a somewhat cheesy 'grey' weapon, but it doesn't have to aim and with Tactical's 200% RoF increase it mows down mobs quick)

Jesters Do It Till Ya Smile!
          \|/ ____ \|/
        ~@_/ Oo \_@~
          /_( \__/ )_\
             \__U_/
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2007, 07:31:29 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on November 21, 2007, 06:57:48 PM

I'm all about just playing - screw the 'right way'.  I'm here for fun, not math. smile

Ron, are you going to be online?

javahead

Coffee is Murder!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2007, 07:45:23 PM »

I tried the augmentrix once and it was a waste of cash, so i won't be bothering with that anymore.

\|/ ____ \|/
        ~@_/ Oo \_@~
          /_( \__/ )_\
             \__U_/
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2007, 08:22:48 PM »

Quote from: javahead on November 21, 2007, 07:45:23 PM

I tried the augmentrix once and it was a waste of cash, so i won't be bothering with that anymore.

Shocking, I know, but there was a bug in the augmentrix.  It is now fixed and works properly....whatever that is.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
ROTC1983

Is it really that Kampfy?

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2007, 08:25:42 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on November 21, 2007, 08:22:48 PM

Shocking, I know, but there was a bug in the augmentrix.  It is now fixed and works properly....whatever that is.

Thank goodness they fixed that.  It definitely looked like it wasn't working correctly before the patch.  Luckily it hopefully was fixed with this patch as mentioned. 

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2007, 05:28:28 AM »

I loved this Helm, but it was a vanilla variety and I don't think even the Augmentrix can get it to the point of being useful enough  tear

For a while tonight I had Legendary 20mm rifles dropping like mad. This was the best of the bunch:

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: November 23, 2007, 01:12:30 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 23, 2007, 05:28:28 AM

I loved this Helm, but it was a vanilla variety and I don't think even the Augmentrix can get it to the point of being useful enough  tear

For a while tonight I had Legendary 20mm rifles dropping like mad. This was the best of the bunch:

Dude!  That helmet looks awesome. biggrin  Time will bring you a useful one, I'm sure.   Nice rifle too.  What level are ya?

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 23, 2007, 06:34:11 PM »

Hit Level 22 this morning. Hey, right on cue, this Legendary version dropped, though I'm quite a ways from having enough Will for it (it would replace a helm that adds a few Will points):

This "brain pan" helm is pretty cool/ominous too:

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: November 23, 2007, 06:45:23 PM »

The brain pan is what I'm wearing but that Fawkes helm would match my gloves. biggrin

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
javahead

Coffee is Murder!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: November 23, 2007, 06:49:34 PM »

If it uses that flame-effect, like the gloves do, that might be annoying. Still, something to look forward to.  finger

\|/ ____ \|/
        ~@_/ Oo \_@~
          /_( \__/ )_\
             \__U_/
javahead

Coffee is Murder!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2007, 06:50:48 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on November 21, 2007, 08:22:48 PM

I got some kind of bonus added to the item, but it was some sort of lame 4% damage to demons or something. So in what way was this 'fixed'?

\|/ ____ \|/
        ~@_/ Oo \_@~
          /_( \__/ )_\
             \__U_/
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: