http://gamingtrend.com
April 25, 2014, 06:53:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: When Hellgate: London is released will you subscribe or no?
YES! - 3 (4.8%)
NO! - 39 (61.9%)
Yes, Lifetime - 5 (7.9%)
Maybe - Wait and See - 16 (25.4%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hellgate: London - Elite or Pleb?  (Read 10017 times)
EddieA
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 01, 2007, 07:48:24 AM »

Regarding the videos from GT's preview, what can be used to play the mp4 files?  I have the newest version of Windows Media Player, and it won't play them, Windows Media Player Classic won't play them, and the mp4 player I downloaded wouldn't play them.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: October 01, 2007, 10:38:44 AM »

Quote from: EddieA on October 01, 2007, 07:48:24 AM

Regarding the videos from GT's preview, what can be used to play the mp4 files?  I have the newest version of Windows Media Player, and it won't play them, Windows Media Player Classic won't play them, and the mp4 player I downloaded wouldn't play them.

I use the VideoLAN VLC Media Player and it works great.  I actually use that to play all Quicktime movies, too, since it is much more efficient than Apple's Quicktime player. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 01, 2007, 11:26:57 AM »

Quote from: Destructor on September 30, 2007, 06:23:30 PM

Quote from: Sparhawk on September 30, 2007, 03:49:56 PM

how long is the beta?

The one you get from the preorder via Gamestop ends October 6th if I remember right.

It's going to last longer
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 01, 2007, 11:43:42 AM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on October 01, 2007, 10:38:44 AM

I use the VideoLAN VLC Media Player and it works great.  I actually use that to play all Quicktime movies, too, since it is much more efficient than Apple's Quicktime player. 

Thanks!

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: October 01, 2007, 12:37:43 PM »

I'm going to try to get wmv or something that can play in Windows Media Player without adding anything going this week.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
unbreakable
« Reply #125 on: October 01, 2007, 11:09:39 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on October 01, 2007, 07:48:24 AM

I use K-Lite Mega Codec Pack.  I don't use the MP Classic, although I've heard good things about it.  Pick up both QuickTime Alternative and Real Alternative while you are at it: having a zillion different media players is absurd (although the EU seems to think it's great...).
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 02, 2007, 01:57:20 PM »

Has word about system requirements come out?  I'm interested, but my PC is getting old, and I just can't convince myself that it's worth upgrading at this point in my life, and I'd rather just pass on the game than get one that's going to run like a pig. 

For reference, I'm currently running:

Athlon 64 2800
GF6800
2 GB PC3200 RAM

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: October 02, 2007, 02:41:04 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on October 02, 2007, 01:57:20 PM

Has word about system requirements come out?  I'm interested, but my PC is getting old, and I just can't convince myself that it's worth upgrading at this point in my life, and I'd rather just pass on the game than get one that's going to run like a pig. 

For reference, I'm currently running:

Athlon 64 2800
GF6800
2 GB PC3200 RAM

That is more powerful than my laptop and my laptop runs Hellgate with all details on at 1280x800 (whatever the 16:9 resolution is) with all the trimmins turned on. 

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 03, 2007, 12:42:52 AM »

Is there any links to the pics from the GT Hellgate preview story on the main page? Id like to see the pics in a bigger format.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: October 03, 2007, 12:30:28 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on October 03, 2007, 12:42:52 AM

Is there any links to the pics from the GT Hellgate preview story on the main page? Id like to see the pics in a bigger format.

I posted them full size in here - http://www.gamingtrend.com/forums/index.php/topic,22453.0.html

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 18, 2008, 08:46:11 PM »

So many dead Hellgate threads. Which one to wake up for this announcement? We'll try this one. Stonehenge, the first major actualy *content* update for subscribers just announced  bowdown:
Stonehenge is a huge outdoor hub accessed through a special portal in Templar Base, connecting players to several new and exciting quests.

Heroes will find themselves in completely new open, outdoor wilderness areas unlike anything seen within the city limits of London, battling terrifying new demons and bosses and finding new items very distinct in their appearance.

This action-packed update includes:
        • The Caste Caves – Unlock four unique dungeons, one for each caste of enemy – Beast, Necro, Spectral and Demon – to seek and destroy a powerful overlord that resides in each cave. Defeating them and collecting their heads will allow you to continue the adventure…

• Moloch’s Lair – Only after collecting the heads from the Caste Caves will heroes be allowed entry into the lair, with a chance to defeat the legendary Moloch, one of hell’s most imposing minions who carries very unique items that can only be obtained by defeating him in combat. And because Moloch’s soul is eternal, this quest and it’s rewards can be a never-ending challenge

• The Wild – These three mini-raid areas present players with difficult obstacles but also huge rewards with three levels that get increasingly more difficult even with the recommended full party size – you will need a small army to get through these challenges

In addition to the above, The Stonehenge Chronicles also includes many of the other updates the Hellgate: London community has been asking for, including improvements to game UI, a large number of skill balance changes, a PvP dueling arena and more.

Hellgate: London subscribers can also now pay for their subscriptions via PayPal and PayByCash.
Now if you ask me (or even if you didn't ask me Tongue), it's too little, too late, unless they're willing to re-launch the version 1.0 game (if they ever reach that point, they're only at .7) at retail sometime in a shape more conductive to a good launch and to a game that wants you to pay a monthly fee.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 08:48:07 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
unbreakable
« Reply #131 on: January 18, 2008, 09:54:07 PM »

Yeah, I pretty much stopped playing.  The whole experience just made me realize what a great game WoW is.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 18, 2008, 10:35:20 PM »

I don't see anything remotely in common between the two games other than having too many "go fetch me 12 pig intestines" type quests. I hope nobody directed you to Hellgate and claimed it was a "WoW-killer." If someone did, he should be pummeled about the head and shoulders with Hellgate DVD boxes.  deadhorse

It's not even a Diablo II-wannabe really. It's... wait a minute. I like the game for the most part aside from its mind-benumbing environmental repetition and.... Why am I dumping on it? Never mind. Hellgate. Love it! The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: January 18, 2008, 11:25:36 PM »

And here we are - the first major content patch is coming up shortly.  Now I can finally review the game properly.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 19, 2008, 01:46:42 AM »

I'll wait to see if I can get the game to run without crashing after the update before I make any further judgements.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2008, 03:18:27 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on January 19, 2008, 01:46:42 AM

I'll wait to see if I can get the game to run without crashing after the update before I make any further judgements.

Ditto

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: