http://gamingtrend.com
August 21, 2014, 06:37:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hellgate: London (skills chat)  (Read 481 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: December 02, 2007, 03:27:56 PM »

I know we have a bunch of Hellgate threads, but there's nothing about Skills stuff, so...

Now that Blackjach's a 30 Marksman, I have all the hand grenade skills. I'll see if I can get some action shots, and then come back here with more details.

Shock and Awe:

Description:

In action:

My tips:
-Good for weakening a large group of high-HP enemies (though they'll generally charge after being hit w/ this).
-OK in panic situation when you're surrounded (drop at your feet)
-Not good if you need to do lots of damage quickly (it certainly wears down shields and HP over 10 seconds but takes time)

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 02:12:46 AM »

Oops, I forgot about this. OK, here's another grenade. smile

Napalm's fun in terms of rapid damage on multiple targets. Not so fun is it takes so long to fall after the little blinking beacon is dropped. And the little beacon sometimes bounces further away than you'd like. So try experimenting with aiming where you toss it (allow for the bounce), and don't really rely on it if you're running for your life all the time.

On some later quests where you have lots of friendly AI battling beside you, you'll have many good opportunities to drop this on monster-bunches. It does no friendly-fire damage (none of the grenades do) so have at it. smile

Playing
PC
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 02:20:07 AM »

I wasn't crazy about Phase Grenades for a while. I finally learned to embrace their "stickiness" (it's too bad you can't set them up like trip mines in Duke Nukem 3D icon_twisted), and appreciate that they don't need to hit a target and you don't have to worry about them bouncing around. Just toss them at your enemies' feet, or against the wall, the floor etc.

Playing
PC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: