Patch notes to follow. Maybe the game will hit release candidate one day...
Patch 0.6 Notes
December 04, 2007
We hope our U.S. players had a great Thanksgiving holiday and that everyone had a fantastic weekend of playing Hellgate: London. We kept working through our cornucopia of turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and American football games to get some more fixes done.
Patch 0.6 has one very notable fix – the invisible group member bug has been slain. This was a crafty, fierce thing with rows of nasty sharp teeth, but we believe it has now fallen into the mists of legend. We’ll stay vigilant in case it raises its ugly invisible head again.
We’ve also made great strides on the Engineer Drone issue where items become unequipped. There are some cases where Drones (as well as players), will still have items unequip. The main cause of this is when players "ladder up" the equipment on their Character or Drone by using items with statistic bonuses. This results in the Character or Drone being able to use a better overall set of gear than they normally could, and thus causes issues if the items are not equipped in a specific order (or used at all). We’re continuing to work on this one, but it is better with this patch.
As always, we’re reading the forums, getting your feedback, and seeing your desires for Hellgate. The biggest issue we’re currently working on is the client-side memory usage issue. This is very complex and involved, and we also know that it’s a major issue for users. We’re pouring all of our energies right now into working on the game, so if you don’t see us reply to your posts it doesn’t mean we aren’t listening. It just means we’re working hard to make Hellgate: London a better and better experience.
Finally, work is well underway on Patch 0.7! This patch will address major memory issues, bring new UI changes, add blueprints and crafting for new items, make a ton of improvements, and usher in the holidays with some surprises for our subscription members. For more details, keep a watchful eye on www.hellgatelondon.com
and look for announcements when you launch the game.
Thanks again for playing, and we’ll see you online!
The Hellgate: London Team
* Fixed a bug that caused group members to be invisible to other group members.
* The chat window no longer overlaps the Crafter merchant UI panel.
* Fixed a bug that prevented the user from interacting with the chat panel via the mouse when the Buddy List or Guild Panel is open.
* System messages are now displayed in all chat tabs.
* The scroll bar on the Guild Panel should now function properly
* Items dropped in the world now have slightly lower overall feed requirements.
* Analyzers now work as expected on stashed items.
* Fixed a bug that caused items equipped on an Engineer Drone to be unequipped when the Engineer summoned the Drone after changing levels.
* Fixed a bug that caused players to be randomly teleported under certain circumstances.
* Warp restriction text clarified to, "Warp Restricted. You don’t have a waypoint far enough to warp to this level."
* Fixed an infinite loading issue for Russell Square. Some of those characters may not yet be able to progress in the story/areas, however, without getting a party portal to Russell Square to complete the "Forage" quest.
Patch Notes Disclaimer:
We make every effort to include all upcoming changes in our patch notes, but please be aware that occasionally changes are unintentionally