http://gamingtrend.com
July 28, 2014, 05:22:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hell has frozen over - I'm probably getting a PSP  (Read 1357 times)
DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2006, 12:08:34 PM »

Well, the thing I thought I would NEVER do is probably going to happen - I'm going to get a PSP.  Why after all this time?

I've really been missing Dungeon Siege.  I played the original but didn't get the second edition because I don't want to have to deal with loading games on my PC, I'm done with that.

I was THRILLED to find out a version of Dungeon Siege is being created for the PSP - Throne of Agony.

I'm also hyped over Dungeons & Dragons Tactics.  That truly looks sweet!

Also glad to see Justice League Heroes is coming to the PSP since it's not (mysteriously!!!???) coming to the Xbox360.  At least I'll get to play it somewhere.

All in all, three games to get super pumped about!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 12:40:26 PM by DiamondDecision » Logged
TheMissingLink
Gaming Trend Senior Member

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 12:45:51 PM »

What about Metal Gear Portable Ops?  Disgaea Portable?  Jeanne d'Arc!?  KILLZONE LIBERATION!?!?

And do yourself a favor and pick up Loco Roco.  Handheld.  Perfection.

Welcome to the club.  I think you'll like it here.

TheMissingLink on PSN
DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 01:02:31 PM »

Just checked out Killzone Liberation and that does look cool.  Would that truly play well on a device with one joystick though?  I'm concerned.

Quote from: TheMissingLink on September 16, 2006, 12:45:51 PM

What about Metal Gear Portable Ops?  Disgaea Portable?  Jeanne d'Arc!?  KILLZONE LIBERATION!?!?

DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 01:05:43 PM »

Just checked out Disgaea Portable.  Just not my game.  I don't like anime and the whole "tiny people with big heads" look.

Quote from: TheMissingLink on September 16, 2006, 12:45:51 PM

infoghost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 01:20:18 PM »

Don't miss Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror. And while it's out on all the various consoles, Lego Star Wars II is very nice on the PSP. Daxter is good if you like the platforming stuff. MLB 06: The Show for sports. Don't let anyone tell you there are no good PSP games.

I don't regret one second that I bought a PSP. It's almost become my main gaming rig.

DiamondDecision
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 01:35:20 PM »

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror does look rawkin! 

In all seriousness, there is getting to be a TON of great games for the PSP that can no longer be ignored.  The serious RPGs are lookin smokin!

Quote from: infoghost on September 16, 2006, 01:20:18 PM

Don't miss Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror. And while it's out on all the various consoles, Lego Star Wars II is very nice on the PSP. Daxter is good if you like the platforming stuff. MLB 06: The Show for sports. Don't let anyone tell you there are no good PSP games.

I don't regret one second that I bought a PSP. It's almost become my main gaming rig.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 01:52:22 PM »

If you are a football fan I can also recommend Madden 07 on the PSP.  In my opinion it is the best version of Madden released on any console.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 05:32:55 PM »

My buddy at EB gave me a demo of Killzone:Liberation. I'm happy to report that the controls work flawlessly. The only point I do not like is that in order to crouch you must hold the right trigger continuously. You cannot move and crouch at the same time.

The left trigger is a lock-on assist.
Circle is used to throw granades
Square is used to fire your weapon
X is used to interact sith sitches, boxes, etc.

One point I enjoyed is that the enemies do a fairly good job of using cover to their advantage, and an excellent job of using grenades to force you out of hiding. The camera is pulled back far enough to give you a significant view of the playable field. There was only one or two times when I was attacked by an adversary off-screen, but even then the bullets look like small tracers moving across the screen. If you move quickly enough there is time to avoid being hit by incoming fire, and it also lets you know from which direction the enemy is attacking.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2006, 05:37:36 PM by Dante Rising » Logged
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 07:21:47 PM »

Also keep your eye on Every Extend Extra, one I'm really looking forward to.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 08:10:35 PM »

If you're looking forward to D&D Tactics, you might want to check out Lord of The Rings Tactics.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Misguided
Gaming Trend Staff

Semi-acquatic egg-laying mammal of action

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 09:16:00 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on September 16, 2006, 08:10:35 PM

If you're looking forward to D&D Tactics, you might want to check out Lord of The Rings Tactics.

I played LotR tactics, and it's neat, but it didn't really reel me in and make me want to keep playing beyond the first few levels. Probably available for a decent price though, these days.

Ruining language with my terrible words.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2006, 02:21:21 AM »

i am still gonna wait until it drops in price,at the moment here it is just a little cheaper than what the wii will cost...and thats about 60-70 pounds more than the DS....not worth it for a hand held yet

and i dont think i will take advantage of the psp movies

may look in the second hand shops if the need for a PSP gets to great,but i am not planning on buying its bigger brother for a long time after release(if the ps3 ever does get released)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Darren8r

I like video games

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2006, 08:49:54 AM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on September 17, 2006, 02:21:21 AM

i am still gonna wait until it drops in price,at the moment here it is just a little cheaper than what the wii will cost...and thats about 60-70 pounds more than the DS....not worth it for a hand held yet

and i dont think i will take advantage of the psp movies

may look in the second hand shops if the need for a PSP gets to great,but i am not planning on buying its bigger brother for a long time after release(if the ps3 ever does get released)
Basically the same parapgraph I was about to type.

Now Playing: Skyrim
PS3: Darrenzo- (don't forget the dash at the end)
infoghost
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2006, 01:04:41 PM »

I have not really bothered with movies on it either. I've checked some out, and they do look very nice on the display, but I have not had much of a reason to get any. Maybe if they were much cheaper and I was on a trip or something. They are very watchable though, even on the small display.

Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2006, 05:26:41 PM »

I'll weigh in as a very happy PSP owner.  It's nice to rip some of my anime DVDs and have some episodes to watch on the go, and I can't wait for Godfather: Mob Wars, D&D Tactics, and Killzone: Liberation. smile  I've been waiting for someone to get D&D Turn Based gaming right...and everything I've seen says this is it.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2006, 06:38:31 PM »

Quote from: Dreamshadow on September 18, 2006, 05:26:41 PM

I've been waiting for someone to get D&D Turn Based gaming right.

That's been done and it was called combat in Baldur's Gate. smile

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Dreamshadow

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2006, 06:42:36 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on September 18, 2006, 06:38:31 PM

Quote from: Dreamshadow on September 18, 2006, 05:26:41 PM

I've been waiting for someone to get D&D Turn Based gaming right.

That's been done and it was called combat in Baldur's Gate. smile

I disagree.  Only Temple of Elemental Evil came close...and for some reason the devs used a circular system rather than the grid.  IIRC, they had a reason for it but I cannot remember what it was at this time.  Eye of the Beholder for the GBA is close, but it was limited in other ways, and had a pared down skillset.  I'm waiting for the game that matches the rules as given in the D&D Player's Handbook.  Tactics is looking like 'the one' right now.

Tom "Dreamshadow" Tjarks
Aunt Wu: Care to hear your fortune, handsome?
Iroh: At my age there is really only one big surprise left, and I'd just as soon leave it a mystery.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: