http://gamingtrend.com
September 30, 2014, 05:56:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hearthstone  (Read 7198 times)
Lee
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: July 30, 2014, 10:12:55 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on July 30, 2014, 09:43:35 PM

I was able to beat the first two guys on Plague last night but the third one kind of kicked my ass.  He starts with 75 HP even on Normal, what gives?  I guess you're supposed to take advantage of those weird things that give you +8 to attack if you kill them?

Yep, keep control of the board and get as many units as you can out, kill a spore for +8 and take him out. You will have to do it again as a hunter in the class challenge.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: July 30, 2014, 10:35:12 PM »

I was able to beat the first two guys on Plague last night but the third one kind of kicked my ass.  He starts with 75 HP even on Normal, what gives?  I guess you're supposed to take advantage of those weird things that give you +8 to attack if you kill them?
Same thing happened to me.  Took three tries to beat the third boss with my priest deck.  To be honest I got lucky on my third try.  I had three low damage minions on the board and he brought out three of his spores.  I had a holy nova in my hand and popped all of them.  At that point I rushed him down in two turns.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 30, 2014, 11:32:53 PM »

Yes, it's a play on the actual raid encounter where you also use the spores to burn him down.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 31, 2014, 02:15:10 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on July 30, 2014, 11:32:53 PM

Yes, it's a play on the actual raid encounter where you also use the spores to burn him down.

Oh awesome! Didn't know that.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 31, 2014, 12:53:12 PM »

I bought all the wings and it won't let me access Plague, so I'm one of the ones effected, yay.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If any of you honesty feel this POTUS (that was me being restrained by the way) is acting in our best interest...  I've a lot of useless crap to sell you. Wake the heck up.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 31, 2014, 05:21:52 PM »

Did you buy through the App Store or Battlenet? Didn't have any issues buying through the App Store.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 31, 2014, 05:41:39 PM »

I bought it on the App Store.  Still no progress, sure it will work itself out. 

I

This signature is not personal, at all.  If any of you honesty feel this POTUS (that was me being restrained by the way) is acting in our best interest...  I've a lot of useless crap to sell you. Wake the heck up.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 31, 2014, 06:06:10 PM »

It's working for me now.

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 02, 2014, 07:30:48 AM »

I love the first of the month, I can win games again! Undefeated in 5 with my priest deck in ranked play, that never happens.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 02, 2014, 01:34:06 PM »

Nice!  It's possible to face some outstanding players too, hopefully your string of wins will continue .

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 04, 2014, 01:00:37 AM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on August 02, 2014, 01:34:06 PM

Nice!  It's possible to face some outstanding players too, hopefully your string of wins will continue .

String broke. In rank I am stuck at 17 again, can't seem to get past it. Still, having fun with it, so out of legendary envy I bought 15 decks. I enjoy the game, have been playing it for 4 months, so I figured why not? I briefly went through a card collecting phase in my early 20s and I got to say it brought back memories from then, only better because I can actually use these cards. Opening pack after pack hoping for something great. Got 2 legendaries, 4 epics, 2 goldens, and about 600 dust. There are still a bunch of epics I need, but at least I have some dust to make 1 or 2.

Edit: it appears I have been playing this game closer to 6-7 months. Time flies. I have spent $42 (Naxx and 16 decks) while I have spent more for games that I played far less. Not a bad deal.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 01:08:41 AM by Lee » Logged
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 04, 2014, 05:11:19 AM »

Ragnaros makes a huge difference to my mage deck. Before I had a the 6/7 ogre in there for a big hitter, but so far Ragnaros has been unstoppable in my end game. Winning games I otherwise thought I would have lost.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: August 04, 2014, 02:50:35 PM »

Quote from: Lee on August 04, 2014, 05:11:19 AM

Ragnaros makes a huge difference to my mage deck. Before I had a the 6/7 ogre in there for a big hitter, but so far Ragnaros has been unstoppable in my end game. Winning games I otherwise thought I would have lost.
The great thing about Ragnaros is he is guaranteed to do 8 damage to SOMETHING.  The unfortunate thing is he rarely gets to live past one turn when you are playing at higher levels.  The really unfortunate thing is he is a liability if you are playing against a priest.  I remember once we were both playing as priest and the same Ragnaros was mind controlled 3 turns in a row, then faceless manipulated, which killed the first Rag, and then the new Ragnaros was also mind controlled.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 06, 2014, 09:04:22 AM »

Military Quarter is much more difficult, I had to make custom decks to beat two of them.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 06, 2014, 01:48:42 PM »

I played against a guy with a gold character portrait (500 ranked wins) the other day.  Lost, but it looked neat.  My highest is around 40 wins with one toon.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 06, 2014, 02:08:27 PM »

Quote from: Lee on August 06, 2014, 09:04:22 AM

Military Quarter is much more difficult, I had to make custom decks to beat two of them.

I found this wing to be the easiest so far.  I used a new warrior build with lots of low level minions that I could pump out and it worked well.  I also got a real good roll going on a frothing berserker for Razuvious that was up to 18 AP which helped.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: August 06, 2014, 05:19:31 PM »

Easiest wing for my priest deck as well.  I managed to pull two shadow word pains on my opening hand against the horsemen and he ran his third into my taunted Watcher.  Managed to kill him by turn 7.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 06, 2014, 05:24:55 PM »

Interesting. I got hammered with my mage/shaman/priest on the last 2 bosses. Couldn't get by them with anything. Don't even remember what decks I used to finally get past them now either, custom priest and warlock I believe (was a rough night last night and my mind was elsewhere).
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #258 on: August 11, 2014, 05:15:58 PM »

So Iím curious about other peopleís experiences this month.  Normally I end up at about rank 12 after about a week of playing but this month I havenít even been able to crack 18.  I donít believe itís the new cards because I generally donít see them in decks.  Did the ranking algorithm change or am i just having really bad luck?
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 11, 2014, 05:19:02 PM »

It does seem like I'm struggling more at the rank 17-18 area than I usually do, but I'm thinking it's just due to me getting used to the new Naxx cards.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 14, 2014, 06:30:45 PM »

I had a bit of trouble with Grobbulus and Gluth in the Construct wing.  Definitely a bigger challenge than the last wing.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 14, 2014, 06:45:13 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on August 14, 2014, 06:30:45 PM

I had a bit of trouble with Grobbulus and Gluth in the Construct wing.  Definitely a bigger challenge than the last wing.

For Grobbulus I used my druid deck that I use for when I get the "Only the Mighty" quest.  It's filled almost entirely with beefy 5+ cost minions and so Grob's hero power doesn't affect them much.  I put all my "gain a mana crystal" cards in the deck and try to be sure to get some in the mulligan, that way I can still play the beefy minions fairly early in the round count.

For Gluth, my favorite Paladin deck is already almost entirely made up of 1 health minions, so that works out really well.  Divine shield also comes in really handy.  If you have a Murloc deck, I'd bet that would work pretty well against Gluth also.

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 20, 2014, 02:50:59 PM »

No idea on how to beat the last Naxx boss on normal. Saw a post to play a normal zoo, which I can see winning if you got really lucky on draws. I ended up running out of card and being too low on health to use my hero power, while he was still able to spam minions. Priest seems the best way to slow things down, but I can't seem to stop the mass build up of units again. Every other class I tried seems helpless. What did you use to beat him?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 20, 2014, 02:56:52 PM »

I beat him with a druid rush deck
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #264 on: August 20, 2014, 06:20:41 PM »

Was actually pretty easy with my priest control deck.  He got me down to 12 health when he was in his early mode but when he switched to mind control mode I wiped the floor with him.  I made it back up to 30 health by the end of the match.  I had a much harder time with the Dragon boss.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 20, 2014, 09:32:32 PM »

Quote from: Lordnine on August 20, 2014, 06:20:41 PM

Was actually pretty easy with my priest control deck.  He got me down to 12 health when he was in his early mode but when he switched to mind control mode I wiped the floor with him.  I made it back up to 30 health by the end of the match.  I had a much harder time with the Dragon boss.

It's very interesting his different people comment on different bosses being difficult or not. I beat the dragon boss with my paladin control deck on the second try. Finally beat the final with a hunter, I did not enjoy that match up. Now I have to do it with a paladin? Ugh, I just want to be done with it. From what I read you can do it by buffing up slimes but I am not having any success with it.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 20, 2014, 10:00:32 PM »

Just had a fun ranked fight where I ended up with double thaddius and both the guys that make him still out.  good stuff.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: August 20, 2014, 10:15:32 PM »

Quote from: Lee on August 20, 2014, 09:32:32 PM

Now I have to do it with a paladin? Ugh, I just want to be done with it. From what I read you can do it by buffing up slimes but I am not having any success with it.
Buffing the slimes is a must since the clone retains any buff the parent has.  Save up your slimes until you at least two buff cards in your hand.  Also donít play more than 4 minions total or the AI will just wipe the board.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 21, 2014, 12:44:27 AM »

Thanks Lordnine, I tried that but got wiped out fairly quickly. I will try again tonight.

Side note, has everyone seen thus months card back? It's the best yet IMO. Will probably be my permanent card back, I am a sucker for teal.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 22, 2014, 11:06:30 AM »

I like this months card back too.  My favorite that I have so far is the green one (I have all the non legendary ones, plus the fireside one).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: August 24, 2014, 03:48:30 AM »

Battlenet hit by a dos tonight...  Sucks.

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 24, 2014, 06:55:50 AM »

Looks like they were going after a bunch of Twitch streams, League of Legends and then anything Blizzard.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 24, 2014, 01:09:47 PM »

Supposedly it was the same group that did it last time.

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 25, 2014, 04:25:59 AM »

Guess they are going after just about every gaming service tonight, Battle.net, PSN, Xbox Live, etc. I just don't get people.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 27, 2014, 12:42:50 AM »

Quote from: Lee on August 25, 2014, 04:25:59 AM

Guess they are going after just about every gaming service tonight, Battle.net, PSN, Xbox Live, etc. I just don't get people.

My theory is that it's a concerted effort by gyms nationwide to goad people out of their homes and and get them to sign up for gym memberships.

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 27, 2014, 02:26:40 AM »

Quote from: Lordnine on August 20, 2014, 10:15:32 PM

Quote from: Lee on August 20, 2014, 09:32:32 PM

Now I have to do it with a paladin? Ugh, I just want to be done with it. From what I read you can do it by buffing up slimes but I am not having any success with it.
Buffing the slimes is a must since the clone retains any buff the parent has.  Save up your slimes until you at least two buff cards in your hand.  Also donít play more than 4 minions total or the AI will just wipe the board.
Don't feel bad, Lee. The Paladin challenge is by far the worst class challenge. They want you to set up slime combos and a Blood Knight combo, but the rest of the deck doesn't really support it. You're pretty much at the mercy of the random number generator on this one.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 04, 2014, 06:13:40 PM »

Expansion coming "soon" with 100+ new cards!  Not another single player adventure, but an expansion!  Mobile phone versions out this year.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/09/04/hearthstone-expansion-coming-soon-iphone-and-android-versions/
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 06, 2014, 06:12:44 PM »

Amazing news in the expansion, the meta will be flipped on its head.

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 09, 2014, 09:06:38 PM »

Not sure what the deal is, but the ranked games are getting harder and harder for me. I have a couple of decks (mage, druid, and shaman) that I have always been able to rely on to at least to get 17 if not higher with. This month? It was difficult to get to 19. Really struggling against a lot of classes. If I am battling a Warlock, I pretty much know I am going to lose. Rogue  and druids are a tough fight I probably won't win. Warriors seemed to have gotten a lot better lately. Don't see a lot of priests, mage or hunters anymore.

Had a weird level 20 fight the the other day. Guy had all golden cards, the legendaries and everything else were all gold. Yet he was only rank 20. Name was something like XXDarkstormx. Could you really get all gold cards and either suck at ranked play (he slaughtered me), or never have played ranked until now? Either that or he spent thousands on cards I guess.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: September 09, 2014, 09:34:52 PM »

Rank doesnít mean much when it resets monthly.  My Priest deck is about 1/3 golds and I usually only play until my daily challenges run out. Donít forget that you get gold backs for simply leveling up heroes. 

Iíve actually made the same observation about it seeming harder to get past the early ranks.  I think itís the unfortunate fact that a lot of people will just look up a really strong cheap deck online and use that.  Takes a lot of fun of making a deck out of the equation and makes it all about random draw order.  icon_confused
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 09:37:12 PM by Lordnine » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: