http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 04:28:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hearthstone  (Read 7232 times)
Travis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 21, 2014, 03:57:10 PM »

I leveled the Warlock to 20 and was surprised at how beneficial the draw a card at the sacrifice of health was.  Seems to be a pretty interesting class.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 21, 2014, 04:22:36 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on May 21, 2014, 12:25:13 AM

Quote from: leo8877 on May 20, 2014, 05:20:59 PM

Quote from: Ridah on May 20, 2014, 04:25:57 PM

I just started playing this on my iPad Air last week and am truly loving the game. Although, sometimes I feel like winning has more to do with how good your cards are and luck of the draw more than strategy. But that's probably a common newbie perspective.

Does your hero's level decrease over time? I got my priest to level 10, which didn't take that long. I haven't played in a couple days, should I expect him to have dipped a little?

Hero level never decreases. Only rank increases and decreases (but not below level 20 each season if you pass it) when you play ranked mode.

I agree with Wonderpug, this game is definitely not pay to win. 

When it comes to spending your hard earned gold, I recommend playing in the Arena.  You're guaranteed a pack, get great experience with different classes and cards, and will likely get some dust or something else at least.   

Additionally, I'm all for playing whatever class you enjoy the most, but thought you would like to know that the Priest is currently at the bottom when it comes to winning percentage in constructed ranked games.  Plenty have played Priest all the way to Legend, but since you're new I thought you would like to know you're playing the weakest class. 

In that case I should continue playing the Priest. If Hearthstone is anything like WoW, the weakest class gets a boost at some point and becomes overpowered for a while smile

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 08, 2014, 06:41:59 PM »

Expansion news.

First wing free if you log in during the promotion period. Other four are $7/700gp a wing. Also has bundle pricing. Release sometime soon, don't see an exact date.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 08, 2014, 07:30:34 PM »

Quote from: Lee on July 08, 2014, 06:41:59 PM

Expansion news.

First wing free if you log in during the promotion period. Other four are $7/700gp a wing. Also has bundle pricing. Release sometime soon, don't see an exact date.

Cool looks like bundle for remaining 4 (provided you take advantage of free wing during the month it's given) is only $20.  Less if you use gold to buy some others.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 08, 2014, 07:57:38 PM »

All over this of course, thanks for the update.

Sent from my mobile device

This signature is not personal, at all.  If any of you honesty feel this POTUS (that was me being restrained by the way) is acting in our best interest...  I've a lot of useless crap to sell you. Wake the heck up.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 17, 2014, 05:23:19 PM »

Naxx released on July 22!

http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/07/17/curse-of-naxxramas-release-date-announced/
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 17, 2014, 09:08:56 PM »

Now do I spend money on it or try to save gold? I seem to be so far behind everyone on legendary and rare cards, I am considering dropping money on packs as well.

Has anyone played against a rogue doing the card overflow thing? Where they force you into so getting so many cards that you start losing them? Most tedious match I have ever played. Took forever and it just wasn't fun. Every turn was just tying to lay down as many cards as I could to clear my hand out, and I still lost. Legitimate strategy, but completely took the fun out of the match.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 17, 2014, 09:18:16 PM »

Quote from: Lee on July 17, 2014, 09:08:56 PM

Now do I spend money on it or try to save gold? I seem to be so far behind everyone on legendary and rare cards, I am considering dropping money on packs as well.

I've been saving up gold for it, but doing the math it seems you get a lot more gold/$ equivalent by spending real dollars on this expansion compared to what your dollars get you in the card store.  I think I'll probably spend the $20.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 18, 2014, 11:25:13 AM »

The first wing is free and I have enough gold saved up for the second.  I'll like just buy the others.  I can't wait for it.

I have played faced that Rogue deck (mill rogue is the name), and agree it's tedious.  There are other mill decks so watch out.  I've been playing Miracle Rogue and its a very strong deck (the most card draw and burst power of any I've played).i

This signature is not personal, at all.  If any of you honesty feel this POTUS (that was me being restrained by the way) is acting in our best interest...  I've a lot of useless crap to sell you. Wake the heck up.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 18, 2014, 12:41:10 PM »

I enjoyed the raid decks in the wow card game, if this is anything near as fun I'm stoked.   Likewise I'm looking forward to the pve in Hex.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: July 18, 2014, 07:43:33 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on July 18, 2014, 12:41:10 PM

I enjoyed the raid decks in the wow card game, if this is anything near as fun I'm stoked.   Likewise I'm looking forward to the pve in Hex.
[/quote
Hey, what does pve in Hex mean?  I'm sure I should know, but alas I don't.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 18, 2014, 08:38:36 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on July 18, 2014, 07:43:33 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on July 18, 2014, 12:41:10 PM

I enjoyed the raid decks in the wow card game, if this is anything near as fun I'm stoked.   Likewise I'm looking forward to the pve in Hex.
[/quote
Hey, what does pve in Hex mean?  I'm sure I should know, but alas I don't.

I think he's talking about a different game
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 22, 2014, 06:22:45 PM »

It's out. Beat the first boss easily with my mage deck. smile

Edit: and beat the second one easily. Not sure if I have been lucky or I have a good deck (I have never got above rank 17 with this deck).
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 06:33:29 PM by Lee » Logged
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 22, 2014, 06:34:50 PM »

PvE decks can be very different from PvP decks and be successful.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 22, 2014, 06:48:13 PM »

Beat the final boss, it was close, got a fireball right when I needed it. Game timed out right away. Can't get back in. Sure I can beat it again, just don't want to.

Edit: I got credit for the win. I got a legendary! My 3rd now (that everyone else is also going to have). icon_confused I really should just invest in $20 of cards.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 07:37:01 PM by Lee » Logged
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 22, 2014, 06:54:27 PM »

Quote from: Harkonis on July 22, 2014, 06:34:50 PM

PvE decks can be very different from PvP decks and be successful.

So maybe on normal level it's pretty easy? Curious as to what others think.

Some of the cards/special powers are pretty brutal. AI seems decent pulling off some combos. Other than it crashing, seems very well done.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 22, 2014, 08:32:25 PM »

Only played the first boss so far and it was an easy win with my usual deck.  My deck is a rogue deck with some spell damage + and backstab/evis
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 23, 2014, 11:32:25 AM »

I found normal mode to be very easy too, still fun.  Now working on the Druid class challenge.

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 23, 2014, 11:44:35 AM »

The class challenges are pretty easy too, and I enjoyed them the most.

Reading Reddit's Hearthstone sub, people are making it sound like the heroic difficulty isn't too bad either if you play the right deck. Of course whenever I read anything about Hearthstone online I feel like I am the only one who doesn't study the game and know all the ins and outs. I don't really know what any of the decks are.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 23, 2014, 02:27:54 PM »

I imagine programming AI for a game like this is not an easy task.  Hoping to have time to finish the challenges today

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 23, 2014, 02:48:45 PM »

Quote from: Lee on July 23, 2014, 11:44:35 AM

The class challenges are pretty easy too, and I enjoyed them the most.

Reading Reddit's Hearthstone sub, people are making it sound like the heroic difficulty isn't too bad either if you play the right deck. Of course whenever I read anything about Hearthstone online I feel like I am the only one who doesn't study the game and know all the ins and outs. I don't really know what any of the decks are.

The heroic bosses have 45 hp and their specials are crazy uber.  It seems gimmicky to me.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 23, 2014, 03:23:15 PM »

I enjoyed the raids for the WoW:TCG, but they didn't work like this.  (they were also balanced by being a coop affair)
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 23, 2014, 06:05:10 PM »

I haven't played a whole lot of Hearthstone but I was able to beat the first boss with my crappy mage deck (after losing with my crappy priest deck), and then surprisingly I beat the 2nd and 3rd boss with my crappy priest deck (after losing with my crappy mage deck) lol.  All in all I really do like the idea behind this expansion, kind of a nice twist on the regular gameplay.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 23, 2014, 06:09:52 PM »

I guess my complaint about Naxx is that I have no urge to play it again. I still have the heroic levels, but I don't really want to deal with the frustration. Unless there are Naxx quests, I can't see going back.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 23, 2014, 06:30:23 PM »

Playing heroic now, first time I've felt challenged.  I'll beat it evetnually

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: July 23, 2014, 06:43:58 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on July 23, 2014, 06:30:23 PM

Playing heroic now, first time I've felt challenged.  I'll beat it evetnually

Did you have to modify your deck?
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 23, 2014, 06:59:52 PM »

Not at all to get to heroic, now it seems I will have to modify it.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 23, 2014, 07:00:08 PM »

Which is a good thing, imho

Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #228 on: July 23, 2014, 07:14:07 PM »

The heroic bosses are pretty much puzzles.  I had to build three very gimmicky decks to beat them.  There is no reward for doing so so unless you just want the challenge I wouldn’t bother.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 23, 2014, 07:26:22 PM »

Quote from: Lordnine on July 23, 2014, 07:14:07 PM

The heroic bosses are pretty much puzzles.  I had to build three very gimmicky decks to beat them.  There is no reward for doing so so unless you just want the challenge I wouldn’t bother.

Oh really?  There aren't any card unlocks or anything for the heroic bosses?
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: July 23, 2014, 07:28:44 PM »

I think if you want the unique card back you have to beat ALL the heroics from all wings, but currently there is no reward.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 23, 2014, 08:07:47 PM »

Quote from: Lordnine on July 23, 2014, 07:28:44 PM

I think if you want the unique card back you have to beat ALL the heroics from all wings, but currently there is no reward.

Yeah gotta beat them all in Heroic.  You can see the card back on the decks of the heroic bosses.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 24, 2014, 06:54:07 PM »

Beat the first heroic hero today with zoolock (rush warlock for those not in the know)

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 24, 2014, 10:09:36 PM »

This is kind of cool: decks constructed only out of the free cards in the game to beat Heroic.  I haven't tried any of them yet but thought it was interesting:

http://toucharcade.com/2014/07/24/hearthstone-curse-of-naxxramas-guide-free-to-play-decks-heroic-arachnid-quarter/
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 25, 2014, 12:12:49 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on July 24, 2014, 10:09:36 PM

This is kind of cool: decks constructed only out of the free cards in the game to beat Heroic.  I haven't tried any of them yet but thought it was interesting:

http://toucharcade.com/2014/07/24/hearthstone-curse-of-naxxramas-guide-free-to-play-decks-heroic-arachnid-quarter/

That is very cool, thanks for sharing.

Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 26, 2014, 04:09:41 AM »

I hit a new personal best tonight and made it to rank 11!  The match to get there was one of the best matches I've ever had.  They guy I beat was playing priest and we both immediately sent each other invites when it was over.  It was so back and forth it was nuts.  If he had won he'd have made it to 11 too!   Anyway, still loving this game and for me it's probably my GOTY so far, with Infamous as a very close second. 

I had never played anything like this before and to like this as much as I do is worthy of at least a mid-year GOTY.0

Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 27, 2014, 08:59:13 PM »

I haven't paid any attention to the news regarding the single player campaign, and the end product seems a little underwhelming. I expected some type of storyline or maps, more artwork, more animations, etc. instead it's seems to be a line of matches just stringed together.

still fun, but I expected more from blizzard, especially for $20.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 30, 2014, 08:42:12 AM »

Wing 2 gets a bit harder. Had to do the final boss and the Hunter challenge twice. Class challenges are easily the most fun for me, having to figure out how to play a deck and not knowing what you even have.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 30, 2014, 01:20:00 PM »

Looks like they are having trouble with wing 2 purchases.  I  just tried and it won't let me purchase the wing.  There's also a warning on the battle.net launcher saying they are aware of issues, etc.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 30, 2014, 09:43:35 PM »

I was able to beat the first two guys on Plague last night but the third one kind of kicked my ass.  He starts with 75 HP even on Normal, what gives?  I guess you're supposed to take advantage of those weird things that give you +8 to attack if you kill them?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: