http://gamingtrend.com
October 25, 2014, 04:00:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hearthstone  (Read 7490 times)
Lee
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: April 19, 2014, 12:20:53 AM »

Who needs chat when you can almost hear the screams. Priest arena deck, played Mind Vision (copy of a card from your opponents hand), get the legendary Tirion Fordring, play it, he plays his copy of it, I mind steal it, and win the game the next turn.

There is a free card back if you play people on local networks on April 26. There are a few planned meeting places, but if you have friends who play, you can earn the card back that day. Sadly, I don't know anyone who plays (thats why you guys get posts like above from me).
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 19, 2014, 12:21:56 PM »

5 wins is great.  My best is 4 so far. 

Your reward was 50 gold and a pack?  Am I close?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: April 19, 2014, 04:10:54 PM »

2 wins is my best.  Arena owns me.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 19, 2014, 04:59:06 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on April 19, 2014, 12:21:56 PM

5 wins is great.  My best is 4 so far. 

Your reward was 50 gold and a pack?  Am I close?

Had two arena runs with 5 wins yesterday, one with the mage and one with a priest. Outside of the packs, I think one was like 35 gold and 25 dust, while the other was something like 30 gold and a useless Shaman golden card. I think most people turn their golden cards into dust. I keep them for some reason, I guess because they look cool and I am a sucker for collecting.

I find I play a lot better when I am able to slow my play down. I tend to play what I think is the best card without playing out what will happen so it means I lose a card that I would have been better off saving. I have been trying to force myself to sit back and play out the turn in my head before I put any cards down. I am a very inpatient person though, so I really have to work to slow myself down.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2014, 04:58:36 AM »

I should take your advice in arena for sure.  I'm too impatient.

Servers appear to be down now.  I made it back to rank 15, just got kicked back to 16, then the servers went down.  Time for bed I guess.  Happy Easter all.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2014, 11:02:15 AM »

Ugh back to 15, I seem to plateau there.  Anyone else making any progress?

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2014, 03:47:38 PM »

I broke through to 17, but that's it.  I'm going up and down from 17-20 frown
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2014, 04:59:38 PM »

Have barely been playing lately. When I do, I play unranked so I am still at 19 in ranked. Good enough to get the new card back I guess. Cannot get a good druid deck going at all. It seems like I should be doing ok with it, but I always get hammered. I do quite enjoy my priest deck though.

Just don't have time to play in the foreseeable future.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 02:38:39 AM by Lee » Logged
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 26, 2014, 01:32:21 AM »

Finally hit 14!  Then got stomped by a Shaman!

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 01, 2014, 06:39:54 PM »

May's reach Rank 20 card back is  Black Temple.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 01, 2014, 07:23:43 PM »

Looks nice too:).

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 01, 2014, 08:13:12 PM »

Haven't played much lately, but it's nice seeing some new card backs in games, the blue was getting a bit old.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 01, 2014, 09:10:48 PM »

Quote from: Lee on May 01, 2014, 08:13:12 PM

Haven't played much lately, but it's nice seeing some new card backs in games, the blue was getting a bit old.

If you'd like the fireside gathering back, I'm happy to help you get it.  It was pretty easy to do, and I know only a few people locally that play Hearthstone.  Let me know.

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 01, 2014, 09:26:43 PM »

Quote from: Eco-Logic on May 01, 2014, 09:10:48 PM

Quote from: Lee on May 01, 2014, 08:13:12 PM

If you'd like the fireside gathering back, I'm happy to help you get it.  It was pretty easy to do, and I know only a few people locally that play Hearthstone.  Let me know.

Not sure it's that important to me, just nice seeing people be able to have options.

Curious how you get it without playing local friends though? There is a workaround I take it? VPN maybe?
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 01, 2014, 10:08:09 PM »

If you have 3 computers or iDevices in your house, you can create your own Fireside.  Or, you can do this and play through a service like Evolve to play with others on the same subnet.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 01, 2014, 10:53:28 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on May 01, 2014, 10:08:09 PM

If you have 3 computers or iDevices in your house, you can create your own Fireside.  Or, you can do this and play through a service like Evolve to play with others on the same subnet.

Do you need 3 accounts though, to go along with the 3 iDevices?
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 01, 2014, 11:50:58 PM »

Quote from: leo8877 on May 01, 2014, 10:53:28 PM

Yeah, but since the game is free, no cost to you other than time.  I also saw a youtube video showing how to do it with multiple accounts on a single computer, but it sounded a wee bit more complicated.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 01, 2014, 11:54:09 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on May 01, 2014, 11:50:58 PM

Quote from: leo8877 on May 01, 2014, 10:53:28 PM

Yeah, but since the game is free, no cost to you other than time.  I also saw a youtube video showing how to do it with multiple accounts on a single computer, but it sounded a wee bit more complicated.

Thank you, sir
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 02, 2014, 12:04:53 AM »

Also, only one of your dummy accounts has to go through the tutorial in order to play three matches with your main account.  The other dummy account just has to be logged in.  I think you can also concede at the start of the match and have it still count.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 02, 2014, 12:55:39 AM »

That sounds like way too much work to get a card back. I don't care what my card back is that much anyway, I just like seeing my opponent have something different.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: May 02, 2014, 12:58:30 AM »

Quote from: Lee on May 02, 2014, 12:55:39 AM

That sounds like way too much work to get a card back. I don't care what my card back is that much anyway, I just like seeing my opponent have something different.

I'd agree with you if I didn't like the card back so much.  I like it better than the default and the season 1 & 2 ones.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 02, 2014, 12:58:54 AM »

I keep forgetting about this, need my fiancee's brother to come over and do a Hearthstone Threesome this weekend  retard

edit: wish I had known about these earlier, I like the red back which of course isn't available now
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 02, 2014, 11:17:30 AM »

I don't care much either, the VPN route took me about 10 minutes though.  I like the options too.

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 04, 2014, 04:27:30 AM »

Eco and I were talking in game, and now I am curious. How many legendaries does everyone have? I have 2, the one I got that for buying a deck in the beta and King Krush (Hunter). More often than not, my opponents in ranked play have at least one legendary and I play at around 18/19.

Second question is where did you get them? Lucky in buying a deck, arena bonus, or crafting?

Side note, I love playing King Krush. The first time I had it played against me, hearing the footsteps, I was wondering what the hell did my opponent just play. I like to imagine that every time I play it people think the same thing. (Obviously everyone has seen it by now.)

Edit: Also have the neutral Captain Greenskin, which is pretty meh.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 04:33:02 AM by Lee » Logged
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 04, 2014, 04:41:53 AM »

I feel like I don't have hardly any, but I just checked and I have 4.  (been playing since circa Dec 2013)  It feels like less because I don't have the ones I want to have, and rarely use the ones I have, but I guess having 4 without spending a dime of actual money isn't too bad.

FWIW I've gotten through a mix of Arena winnings or straight deck purchases using gold.

I have:

King Krush (I rarely play hunter)
Edwin VanCleef (I rarely play thief)
Bloodmage Thalnos (got him recently, and he actually fits well into a number of my decks)
Sylvanas Windrunner (first one I got, but rarely use since she seems incredibly situational and rarely pays off)
(Gelbin Mekkatorque (does he count?))
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: May 04, 2014, 05:08:27 AM »

I have quite a few (5-6) but Iíve also been playing since beta.  All of mine were rewards from getting decks while playing in Arena.

I love playing King Krush and will always keep him in my deck but I honestly don't think he is all that great.  I find you rarely get to use him more than once, he either wins the game in one turn or is destroyed on the very next turn.  Probably the worst thing that ever happened to me was I played him and my opponent had two of the cards that clones an enemy in his hand.  I was instantly destroyed.
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 04, 2014, 05:21:20 AM »

How many wins until you start seeing legendaries as rewards in arena? I can't get past 5 and never get anything special. I stopped playing arena, I don't enjoy it at all, it's a chore. Seems easier just to buy decks for 100gp.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 02:51:52 PM by Lee » Logged
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: May 04, 2014, 03:37:47 PM »

You can get a legendary from a deck with zero wins in Arena.  Every deck you get, whether it’s a prize for Arena or purchased outright, should have at least 1 random rare in it.  Winning 4 or more games in arena means you have a higher chance of getting more than one deck as a reward so your chances are better of getting a legendary as one of the rares.

I still stand by the fact that Arena runs are better value for your gold.  You are guaranteed 1 deck of cards and if you get at least two wins you get back the extra cost. Any more than that and you are making a nice profit for your investment.  Also, as a general rule, always choose Mage in Arena when given the chance and NEVER choose Priest.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 05, 2014, 04:50:46 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on May 04, 2014, 04:41:53 AM

I feel like I don't have hardly any, but I just checked and I have 4.  (been playing since circa Dec 2013)  It feels like less because I don't have the ones I want to have, and rarely use the ones I have, but I guess having 4 without spending a dime of actual money isn't too bad.

FWIW I've gotten through a mix of Arena winnings or straight deck purchases using gold.

I have:

King Krush (I rarely play hunter)
Edwin VanCleef (I rarely play thief)
Bloodmage Thalnos (got him recently, and he actually fits well into a number of my decks)
Sylvanas Windrunner (first one I got, but rarely use since she seems incredibly situational and rarely pays off)
(Gelbin Mekkatorque (does he count?))

I have the following legendaries:
Cenarius (Druid)
Edwin Van Cleef (Rogue)
Bloodmage Thalnos
Millhouse Manastorm
King Mukla
Captain Greenskin
Illidan Stormrage
The Beast
Geblin Mekkatorque
The Black Knight (Best card in the game!!)
Gruul
Nozdormu
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 05, 2014, 06:46:27 PM »

I have:

King Krush
Bloodmage Thalnos
Captain Greenskin
Illidan Stormrage
Al Alkir
Lord Jaraxxus
Leroy Jenkins
Ragaros
Alexstraza
Ysera

I think Leroy and Rag are the best, and Bloodmage Thalnos is definitely the most versatile. His cheap mana cost make him a no-brainer for most decks.

The Black knight is the next one I will craft (at 1.400 dust already)

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 05, 2014, 07:43:30 PM »

I wonder if I play less or have a lot less luck.
fanneyjack
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 11, 2014, 07:18:39 AM »

I just started playing this game, at the beginning it was kind of dull but then it was getting interesting, the matches are fast and there is a lot of people to play with. lots of rewards coming in, in two days I did unlock all the characters and got 5 busters plus gold to make some shopping even though I've played a lot of games I haven't seen most of this cards which makes me wonder if this is another "pay to win" game I know it is a lot of luck and strategy but I think the basic deck I am playing with has no chance against this builds.

Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: May 11, 2014, 02:52:41 PM »

I would say itís more like ďpay to have more interesting ways to winĒ.  One of the most famous players, Trump, has made completely free decks consisting of only basic cards and taken them all the way to the highest level.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 17, 2014, 04:51:41 AM »

Yay!  Made it to 13 tonight, best yet for me.  smile

Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #194 on: May 18, 2014, 09:02:00 PM »

I made it to 13 a couple days ago and quickly fell back down to 15.  Apparently, my decks are highly dependent on luck to win at that level.

Occasionally, I get to pull off something like this though, which is probably why people hate priest.  The best thing about that was my opponent had just wasted a Polymorph and his own Faceless Manipulator one turn prior so he had no way of dealing with it.  By the end of my next turn I had three Fireball spells and both Archmages had taunt and +1/+1.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 09:11:38 PM by Lordnine » Logged
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 18, 2014, 10:39:31 PM »

Pretty awesome play!  I had a pretty good rogue combo yesterday.

Also made it to 12, but now I've fallen back to 14 ugh.

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 20, 2014, 04:25:57 PM »

I just started playing this on my iPad Air last week and am truly loving the game. Although, sometimes I feel like winning has more to do with how good your cards are and luck of the draw more than strategy. But that's probably a common newbie perspective.

Does your hero's level decrease over time? I got my priest to level 10, which didn't take that long. I haven't played in a couple days, should I expect him to have dipped a little?

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 20, 2014, 05:20:59 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on May 20, 2014, 04:25:57 PM

I just started playing this on my iPad Air last week and am truly loving the game. Although, sometimes I feel like winning has more to do with how good your cards are and luck of the draw more than strategy. But that's probably a common newbie perspective.

Does your hero's level decrease over time? I got my priest to level 10, which didn't take that long. I haven't played in a couple days, should I expect him to have dipped a little?

Hero level never decreases. Only rank increases and decreases (but not below level 20 each season if you pass it) when you play ranked mode.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 20, 2014, 05:39:19 PM »

sometimes I feel like winning has more to do with how good your cards are and luck of the draw more than strategy. But that's probably a common newbie perspective.

Some of the top winning decks right now are almost entirely made up of common cards.  The fancypants rare cards give you some great tricks and are a lot of fun, but they're definitely not necessary to do well. 
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 21, 2014, 12:25:13 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on May 20, 2014, 05:20:59 PM

Hero level never decreases. Only rank increases and decreases (but not below level 20 each season if you pass it) when you play ranked mode.

I agree with Wonderpug, this game is definitely not pay to win. 

When it comes to spending your hard earned gold, I recommend playing in the Arena.  You're guaranteed a pack, get great experience with different classes and cards, and will likely get some dust or something else at least.   

Additionally, I'm all for playing whatever class you enjoy the most, but thought you would like to know that the Priest is currently at the bottom when it comes to winning percentage in constructed ranked games.  Plenty have played Priest all the way to Legend, but since you're new I thought you would like to know you're playing the weakest class. 

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: