http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 08:04:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has everyone else given up on Halo 2 and Multiplayer?  (Read 1933 times)
Tebunker
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2004, 04:03:38 AM »

I just can't get excited to play it. I enjoyed playing some of the non-traditional stages in singleplayer, those who've played it know what heretic I am talking about. We all played a boatload of MP for the first two weeks and now it's back to the normal 2 to 4 players on at a time.

I just want to see that I am not the only one who's not really taken in by it's multiplayer and have allready moved on to other games, because it seems that way and I think the fact that others aren't on keeps me off.

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 04:14:17 AM »

I'm not a multiplayer nut, in general, and Halo 2 is a perfect example why.  Like you, I played quite a bit in the first days, but soon I found myself facing kids who'd done nothing but play the game for 72 hours straight and killed me before I could say, "Now where is the..."

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 04:19:03 AM »

I've played a whole bunch lately...it's lost its luster, somewhat, but I still find it enjoyable.  New maps are desperately needed, though.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 05:13:22 AM »

Ill prob be playin Ive had my Xbox unhooked from live but if there still a couple people playin Ill be happy to jump on - even when I was constantly playin we had no one from clan frown  I just need to get my box hooked up again then ill be hooked once again
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 05:33:17 AM »

Finals.  I'll be back on in a week.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 01:26:39 PM »

I'll be back on in a few weeks... I'm in LOTR:BFME right now, KOTOR2 is also in play, and a bit of Metroid Prime 2. <shrug>

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 01:55:33 PM »

I'm still playing several times a week and loving it. Of course, I tend to only play with the same group over and over again.

The times that I do play with random people from the net usually involve others from the usual group as well, so it's all much more enjoyable.

If I get on Live and see that nobody's there, I play a few rumble pit games and see if someone else shows up. If not,  ah well. To play Rumble Pit I don't even bother with the headset. I just get to blast things.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 03:11:06 PM »

Been working my way through Half Life 2 and figuring out whether I want to play EQ2 or WoW.  I'm now on the WoW phase of the trial.

So Halo is getting no love just now.
AJ McClain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2004, 06:13:32 PM »

I haven't played Halo 2 in awhile. It isn't because I gave up on it or anything. I still tihnk it's one of the best multiplayer games I've ever played. But at the moment there are SO many other games begging for my attention. Between them and life in general, I've had a hardtime getting back to Halo 2. I imagine once this season is over and all the dust has settled I'll be spending a lot more time with the game (on Live, that is).

Gamertag: Sin Mordai
AJ McClain
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2004, 06:18:51 PM »

Quote from: "Bullwinkle"
I'm not a multiplayer nut, in general, and Halo 2 is a perfect example why.  Like you, I played quite a bit in the first days, but soon I found myself facing kids who'd done nothing but play the game for 72 hours straight and killed me before I could say, "Now where is the..."

Were you playing matchmade games? I ask because I was under the impression Bungie's ranking system would've taken care of problems like that.

Gamertag: Sin Mordai
Driver
Gaming Trend Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2004, 07:39:57 PM »

I haven't played in a while, mostly because I've been playing lots of Outlaw Golf 2.  But all that can change if folks want to get online.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2004, 12:04:17 AM »

I loved the multiplayer, in fact I think its the most fun multiplayer shooter in a long time.

However, I am now addicted to WoW. I am not sure I ever been addicted to a game before, except perhaps Planescape:Torment or BGII. However, I am addicted. Now, I also have KOTOR2 that I am purchasing the day of my last final, so where would i find time to play KOTOR2? I mean I rushed myself through Half Life 2 just to have enough time for the new rush of games. Its crazy!!!
UConnBBall
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2004, 04:11:33 AM »

I am still playing HALO 2 Live every chance I get. On the campus I would say  that the only reason why people are not playing is 1) girlfriends 2) finals 3) real life troubles.

Personally I think for my style of playing FPS online HALO 2 is perfect.

I get bored of FPS in less than an hour so I jump on play one or two games and than repeat once or twice more.

No server and the match making makes all my games great. I never experenced such a easy to find good games online before.

Heck in Age of Kings 2 was lucky to get a good game after 30 minutes.

-UConn

-UConn

-----------------------------------------------
Discover the fun in life, because the rest discovers itself.
UConnBBall
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2004, 03:57:14 AM »

I also have to state that right now over 81,000 people are presently playing HALO 2 on Live.

-Marc

-UConn

-----------------------------------------------
Discover the fun in life, because the rest discovers itself.
Chrisoc13
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2004, 04:40:12 AM »

I have been out of town and really busy around this holiday season, im sure I will pick it up again later. Just given enough time.
Beer Goggles

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2004, 03:07:53 PM »

I started it but I would rather play Kohan 2 or Vampire: Bloodlines.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: