http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 04:15:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: has anyone heard anything about Bully?  (Read 819 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2006, 01:59:19 PM »

Rockstar games (you know.....GTA) were to release Bully last xmas on PS2,and maybe xbox,i think.
where you play a Bully(no prizes there),and you have to work your way up from year one or whatever year it is,to be the whole bully of the school....you could either follow school timetables or...put a tack on the teachers chair to flushing the little kids heads down the toilets....as you may of guessed the parents(yep...THE parents)have all come out again,and said that it shouldnt be released

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/4135988.stm

but as the game is 18,and I most proberbly wont go into a high school to pick on kids....i was quite looking forward to it

does anyone know anything??.please!!

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Wolves
Gaming Trend Reader

DAMMIT!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 05:59:10 PM »

I was also very much looking forward to this game, and then it just dropped right out of sight. Maybe Rockstar caved under the pressure (which would be very out of character for them, so I'm hoping that's not the case), and I'm sure it would be 17+ like you say, but most of these complainer-types are dinosaurs that don't realize that video games aren't just for younger people anymore (I'm 31 myself).

All the while they don't bat at eye at the latest and much worse movies that come out.......which can be obtained even easier by kids through burned copies.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand. I thought this game was looking like it would be quite a blast to play, but now it appears in limbo. Anybody have any info?

Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 06:08:25 PM »

hmm i think when i was looking at release dates on this site, it was listed at april 1st - so i dont know if that means is coming out around then, or its  just rockstars version of an april fools day joke???
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 07:24:51 PM »

Rockstar is traditionally very mum on their games right up until release.  Hell for a while I had assumed that Warriors was cancelled until it popped up at the end of last year.
Rob_Merritt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 04:02:08 AM »

Didn't some statement from Take 2 to investors say the game was placed on the back burner (shelved) because of the current political envirnoment?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 04:48:36 AM »

It's still featured rather prominently on their website.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2006, 06:00:07 AM »

Ha ha, dodgeball's so money.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2006, 06:20:37 AM »

We'll get the details at E3 I'm sure.  That title is Jack Thompsons next heart attack. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 06:42:08 AM »

here in the UK ,a 17 year old killed a 15 year old with a glass bottle(or something like that) because he saw it in Manhunt(another rockstar game)....but the game was still an 18 certificate......so the kid shouldn't of even had the game,in situations like that...even though i think the kid must of been unstable to start of with,i think it should be down to the parents to be aware of what their children are playing

all these complaints and i have never heard of anyone over 18 copying rockstars games,and commiting crimes

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 09:57:54 AM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
We'll get the details at E3 I'm sure.  That title is Jack Thompsons next heart attack. smile

Taken from Thompson's letter to Bono :

4. Take-Two is set to release in 2006 a game called Bully. This is a Columbine simulator that allows a student in a virtual school, whose slogan is "Dog Eat Dog," to bludgeon his classmates and teachers with bats to "settle scores." Every expert on bullying who is aware of the content of this game has called on Take-Two not to release, so sure are they that Bully will spawn more school violence. Is that what you want to be affiliated with?

Take-Two has lied to the public about what is actually in this game, which lie is proven by the images in screenshots which I have been provided by an industry source. I can hear Take-Two saying to you, Bono, if I were to show you these clandestine screenshots, "Who are you going to believe, Bono; us or your lying eyes?"

Funny how he deduced the content of the game from three screenshots.  This guy needs to be locked away in a padded room.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: