http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 08:25:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hammerfight  (Read 311 times)
Zekester
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2010, 06:50:21 AM »

Good God.....I am certifiably addicted to this game. I grabbed the demo from that site listed instead of from Steam, and I couldn't put it down for 3 hours straight.

Ok, here's the deal....it's one-on-one battles using a flying machine equipped with various weapons. It's physics based, and you have to get the momentum of your swing to hit your opponent with your weapon and do damage. It's really gladiator-like in the battles, arenas, and even music.

The demo, from what i can tell so far, starts you out in a slow machine with a weak ball-and-chain, while your opponents gradually improve with each battle won with stronger machines and better weapons. Some have swinging hammers, some have swinging swords. You can buy and equip shields, and during battle sometimes items are tossed about that can inflict major damage on either fighter...like a vile of acid that when hit and exploded, sends  a stream of acid that does damage to anything it hits.

The levels i've seen so far are varied and interesting, with walls and barriers and such that can do damage if you fly into them, and are even destructable when hit with your weapon.

There are some annoyances that i've found so far, however, like a cheating AI sometimes maybe. And you can cramp up your wrist in short order from the constant mouse swinging.

But this game oozes style and fun.

http://www.koshutin.com and the Steam site http://store.steampowered.com/app/41100

Rest in Peace, Nan
XBL Schins67
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 07:50:14 AM »

Haha now you can go through day and night cycles if the battle lasts long enough, with different lighting and effects in each. Just awesome.

I love how there's a 'jousting' feel to it as you get your weapon in position and then charge the opponent as he charges you. Sometimes you win these and sometimes you don't.

Rest in Peace, Nan
XBL Schins67
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 10:12:04 AM »

i love the atmosphere ... presentation in concept, graphics, sound and physics are all really well-done. god help you if your mouse isn't up to the task, however. stuck on the second level! i'm thinking a trackball would help out a lot.

this is probably the first game i've seen to support multiple mice since... Lemmings on the Amiga?
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 03:31:15 PM »

I reached level 7 after many hours last night  icon_eek

Was able to knock a couple weapons off the opponents and grab them for myself. It's a challenge trying to swing a ball and a hammer, though! But it does mad damage when it connects.

The demo does recycle the same 4 or so levels, but i'm not sure if it's just because it's a demo or not. it's hard to find much info on the game.

Edit: my bad....the steam site for the game does show screenshots of more levels. cool.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 03:37:41 PM by Zekester » Logged

Rest in Peace, Nan
XBL Schins67
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: