http://gamingtrend.com
April 25, 2014, 12:57:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halo Waypoint is Live  (Read 3587 times)
kronovan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2009, 01:58:39 AM »

I'm not too big a fan of CG anime, but that was damn good! I really liked the action sequences and the tech in all the mechanical details - pretty stellar stuff. I'm not that surprised I liked it; it was directed by Shinji Aramaki who did a nice job with the 2 Appleseed animes. I agree it was a bummer about it being short and cliff hanging, but it did have the desired "can't wait" effect for me. I've liked everything put up on Waypoint so far, so my expectations for Legends just keeps building. slywink
DamageInc

Starts with s and ends with litting their throats

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2009, 10:57:34 PM »

Well I liked the graphics and storyline, but I can't help but feel a little cheated as I felt like I just watched the Star Wars Death Star run.

It even included the "stay on target" line. The only thing missing was including someone like the Prophet of Regret or Elite/Arbiter in one of the chase ships.
I am all for homages, but this was too much of a ripoff in my opinion.

On another note Red vs Blue continues to be brilliant comedy. (I believe they are replays, but still funny)

The freaks come out at nine and it's twenty to ten
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2009, 09:01:58 AM »

Quote from: DamageInc on December 06, 2009, 10:57:34 PM

Well I liked the graphics and storyline, but I can't help but feel a little cheated as I felt like I just watched the Star Wars Death Star run.

It even included the "stay on target" line. The only thing missing was including someone like the Prophet of Regret or Elite/Arbiter in one of the chase ships.
I am all for homages, but this was too much of a ripoff in my opinion.

On another note Red vs Blue continues to be brilliant comedy. (I believe they are replays, but still funny)

yeah i thought of Return of the Jedi space battle ..i presumed Admiral Ackbar was gonna appear and announced 'its a trap!!'

i like Red Vs Blue,but because of the speech which is like a bit distorted and my hearing not so great,i can pretty much not make out anything they are saying

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2009, 07:36:12 PM »

just found this on CVG

the schedule for upcoming episodes,looks like there is another two parter on the way(no date for part 2 of Origins though)

no word either for 'Homecoming' and 'Prototype' or 'Odd one out'(that last one is the parody)..see wiki page for episodes

"The Package" Part 2 - 12 Dec, 2009
Making of "The Package" - 19 Dec, 2009
"Origins" Part 1 - 2 Jan, 2010
Making of "Origins" - 9 Jan, 2010
Trailers of upcoming episodes - 2 Feb, 2010

Halo Legends will be distributed by Warner Home Video on DVD, Blu-Ray and digital formats on Feb. 16, 2010.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2009, 08:24:58 PM »

if you look on Waypoint today it will say the full episode of The Package will be on tomorrow(saturday)...not part 2,but the full episode,so if you missed last weeks part,and didn't look it up on Youtube...

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2009, 03:33:37 PM »

according to CVG,the final episode will be on waypoint next week

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=230455

The final Halo Legend preview episode, 'Origins', will be available to watch on Xbox Live next week, on Saturday, January 2, says MS.

"In Origins, fans of Halo lore will witness Forerunner battles with the Flood, through the present day ending of the "Halo" trilogy," reads the official blurb. "The episode will shed light on some of the main events of the Halo universe, which set the stage for the beloved series of Halo games."

The anime short will be available exclusively on Halo Waypoint for only 24 hours, says MS, paving the way for Legend's full DVD release in February 2010.

A behind-the-scenes look at the creation of Origins will air on Waypoint a week later, on Saturday, Jan. 9.
#

so i guess if you want to see the other episodes,the DVD is the way to go

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2010, 12:24:51 PM »

today only you can see Origins part 1.....if you miss it,it may be repeated when Part 2 is on Waypoint(if part 2 is indeed on waypoint,as there was no date for part 2 on that list above),like they did with The Package

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2010, 12:28:19 AM »

if you missed the episode on Saturday,Youtube has provided

here are parts 1 and 2 of Origins part 1(not sure how long they will be up for)

a good episode,not sure if its narrative is based straight after Halo 3..Halo 3 spoiler>>>
Spoiler for Hiden:
is that a derelict Spaceship right at the beginning,that Master Chief and Cortana got stranded on at the end of the game?
,talking about actual Halo rings and how it all came about..interesting stuff(reminded me a little of Mass Effect)

Origins Part 1:-6minutes 32seconds

Origins Part 2:-4minutes 30seconds
« Last Edit: January 05, 2010, 12:31:31 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2010, 04:34:31 PM »

I don't think that Origins Part 2 is the actual part 2. It's just the last 4 mins of what was shown of Origins part 1.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2010, 09:16:45 PM »

here are parts 1 and 2 of Origins part 1

icon_wink

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2010, 09:17:35 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on January 05, 2010, 09:16:45 PM

here are parts 1 and 2 of Origins part 1

icon_wink

Whooooops biggrin
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2010, 02:42:20 PM »

this was on Halo Waypoint yesterday,it isn't part of the Anime collection its a digital Graphic novel type vid,so it may still be up on waypoint now...however you can see it here

Midnight in the Heart of Midlothian-Part One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY354k8LSOM

Spoiler for Hiden:
it would of been good if at the end of it,they were coming not for her,but for his disease...cancer.

but oh well,LOL

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2010, 04:06:49 AM »

new season of This Spartan Life is on it's way to Waypoint.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2010, 05:31:19 PM »

For those interested, Waypoint is going to be a free launch app with Windows Phone Series 7.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2010, 08:06:20 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on August 17, 2010, 05:31:19 PM

For those interested, Waypoint is going to be a free launch app with Windows Phone Series 7.

Funny you mention this now, I was just looking for information on the Win 7 phone's launch date?

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2010, 11:21:39 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on August 17, 2010, 08:06:20 PM

Funny you mention this now, I was just looking for information on the Win 7 phone's launch date?

They're being specifically vague on it.  The October rumor has been pretty prevalent, though.  Official word is just Holiday 2010.

I've needed a new phone for months, and we're done with AT&T.  This is the phone I'm waiting on to switch to Verizon.  Sooner would be much, much better than later for me.  I have a fear that my current phone is going to die before this comes out.

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2010, 11:29:48 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on August 17, 2010, 11:21:39 PM

They're being specifically vague on it.  The October rumor has been pretty prevalent, though.  Official word is just Holiday 2010.

I've needed a new phone for months, and we're done with AT&T.  This is the phone I'm waiting on to switch to Verizon.  Sooner would be much, much better than later for me.  I have a fear that my current phone is going to die before this comes out.

My current contract with Sprint is up in February 2011, I was planning to get the HTC Evo but the Win 7 phone look amazing. Will it be Verizon only? I prefer Sprint personally after having over two years of experience with the two.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 11:31:45 PM by Ridah » Logged

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2010, 11:58:35 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on August 17, 2010, 11:29:48 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on August 17, 2010, 11:21:39 PM

My current contract with Sprint is up in February 2011, I was planning to get the HTC Evo but the Win 7 phone look amazing. Will it be Verizon only? I prefer Sprint personally after having over two years of experience with the two.

I think it's supposed to be everywhere, but from different manufacturers.  However, they've made it so the stats are universal.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2012, 06:54:15 PM »

There has just been a 190mb update for this

If you have not been on Halo Waypoint since the first few weeks of release,go check it out,there are some pretty awesome things now

as i have been playing Halo 1CE A,i have been unlocking terminals in the game that give some backstory..at the end of each of the videos,it gives a code

If you press X when in Waypoint,you can enter the codes,and unlock credits for your online character,also when you have all 10 codes(and the achievement for getting all 10 terminals in Halo CE A),you get an 11th Terminal/video which bridges the end of Halo 1 and the beginning of Halo 2,pretty cool...pressing X when entering Halo Waypoint,now after the update also shows there's unlockable stuff for Halo 4 and the Waypoint

for more detailed instructions about the entering of Halo Anniversary codes,see this thread...just make sure you have unlocked all the terminals in Halo first(i think it reads the Achievement you get for unlocking them all)
360a.org
the picture of the codes are in these spoiler tags
Spoiler for Hiden:

as for what else is now on Waypoint after the update
They have rearranged the menus,and now you can see your friends load outs and Spartans in what is now called 'Barracks'

There is at the moment for me a 'Restricted Access' that i can only enter when i have game history of Halo 4...so no idea what that is yet

and then there is all the rest of it that has been there for a while now,like Community,Videos,the universe etc..except it looks a little more streamlined

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: