http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 11:08:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halo: Reach  (Read 18102 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 27, 2010, 01:10:56 AM »

Quote from: happydog on August 26, 2010, 05:08:17 PM

Wife and I are taking Reach, my Xbox and a TV along with us on our vacation so we can play. Not so much because we are super hyped, but because my daughter has to go to bed and we will need something to do. Just so happened that Reach comes out the day before we leave. I just hope to not be disappointed this time. Halo 3 was ok, but after the first one nothing has lived up to the hype for me.
now that's dedication!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 27, 2010, 01:27:32 AM »

Quote from: Daehawk on August 27, 2010, 01:05:22 AM

VE3d has the video up and the static image it starts with shows the face in the helmet of the first carrier of the bomb...I can see eyelash makeup on them..it's a girl!!

It's the girl from Noble team...Kat.  You can see her name and designation in the HUD on her mask.  In all the artwork released for Reach she has one robotic arm, but in this video does not.  Perhaps that's how she lost it.
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 27, 2010, 08:26:39 PM »

Hope the campaign is longer that Halo 3. We finished it again last night (on Heroic), that is only 3 night of playing.  thumbsdown
Granted that we have played through before (once or twice) but still, we are talking about around 7 or 8 hours of playtime.

LiveTAG: happydog
jersoc

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 28, 2010, 06:27:04 AM »

me and 2 friends finished halo 3 the night it came out. we were like, that's it? game was crazy short.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 28, 2010, 07:32:20 AM »

it's even shorter in co-op.  even on legendary it only took two nights and that was more due to the others being east-coast and crashing early (this being 3am or so).

at least it should have some replay value with the skulls again, although i never did.  played it twice through though.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 02, 2010, 02:28:31 PM »

what a great picture icon_biggrin(Kotaku pic of Sydney Press event for Halo:Reach,no idea why the fairy is there)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 02, 2010, 03:05:22 PM »

That's hilarious.  What is Buzz Aldrin doing sandwiched between a creepy giant fairy and skinny master chief?  Nevermind...it doesn't matter.   
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 02, 2010, 04:12:15 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on September 02, 2010, 03:05:22 PM

What is Buzz Aldrin doing sandwiched between a creepy giant fairy and skinny master chief?

If you WAND the BUZZ about HALO: REACH, just FLAG the XBOX rep at the event.  It's obvious!

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 02, 2010, 04:17:01 PM »

He's probably trying to recruit them to defend against an alien invasion since Neil was busy.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 02, 2010, 05:33:59 PM »

he's probably thinking "what the hell did my agent book me into?" 

that fairy thing needs to gtfo.  makes no goddamn sense whatsoever.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: September 02, 2010, 05:41:12 PM »

I bet the fairy is the Halo: Reach version of Cortana.  she'll pop up in the corner like the MS paperclip saying stuff like 'Hi! I see you're trying to kill Covenant!  Do you need some help?'

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 02, 2010, 05:41:58 PM »

I saw a couple of videos on games radar for MP and it looks fantastic.  I am really excited about this one!
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 08, 2010, 07:07:30 PM »

There's a new video from some Bungie guys playing through a bit of the campaign on XBL today.  Pretty neat stuff.  I'm real excited for this game!  Every day this week there's something new from MS on XBL with regards to Halo Reach.
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 08, 2010, 07:36:44 PM »

I'm excited for this too.

Haters gonna hate, but I love the Halo games. Just fun overall for me. My bro and I have went through them (except ODST) in Legendary coop several times and each time it's still a blast. Keep seeing and hearing things we never did before. Fun games that don't take themselves too seriously.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 08, 2010, 10:57:44 PM »

Quote from: Kagath on September 08, 2010, 07:36:44 PM

I'm excited for this too.

Haters gonna hate, but I love the Halo games. Just fun overall for me. My bro and I have went through them (except ODST) in Legendary coop several times and each time it's still a blast. Keep seeing and hearing things we never did before. Fun games that don't take themselves too seriously.

The only people who hate on Halo are the ones who get a thrill from being a vocal minority  icon_wink It's an outstanding game, and the sales reflect that.

I love the whole Halo experience, the game itself and the universe it's in, I can't wait for Reach next week!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 11:17:29 PM by Ridah » Logged

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 08, 2010, 11:22:43 PM »

I have zero interest in the Halo universe and yet I buy and play all the games.  The game is usually so very polished and the story is somewhat interesting, but it doesn't get me hooked into the universe like a Star Wars would.  I did my pre-order, though.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
jztemple2

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 09, 2010, 01:28:18 AM »

Quote from: The Grue on September 08, 2010, 11:22:43 PM

I have zero interest in the Halo universe and yet I buy and play all the games.  The game is usually so very polished and the story is somewhat interesting, but it doesn't get me hooked into the universe like a Star Wars would.  I did my pre-order, though.

This pretty much captures how I feel about Halo. Not really interested in all the back story,  but the games are a lot of fun.

True, but when the snarky comment is served on a platter, you don't wait for the napkin. - Bullwinkle
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 10, 2010, 01:14:33 AM »

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 09, 2010, 01:28:18 AM

This pretty much captures how I feel about Halo. Not really interested in all the back story,  but the games are a lot of fun.

Have you looked into the books? The back-story? Maybe you aren't interested at all because you haven't seen all that's behind it? There's a ton of content. Or...maybe you have and just thought it wasn't great. smile

I can't wait. Legendary edition game and a Reach edition 360 will be delivered to me Tuesday. I'm pumped!

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 10, 2010, 02:52:20 AM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on September 10, 2010, 01:14:33 AM

Quote from: jztemple2 on September 09, 2010, 01:28:18 AM

Have you looked into the books? The back-story? Maybe you aren't interested at all because you haven't seen all that's behind it? There's a ton of content. Or...maybe you have and just thought it wasn't great. smile

I can't wait. Legendary edition game and a Reach edition 360 will be delivered to me Tuesday. I'm pumped!

I know the story...it's just not that great. Definitely wouldn't want to read a book about it.

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 10, 2010, 03:05:14 AM »

I so want the Legendary edition.  The statue looks sweet.  However, I don't really have a place for it, I'm trying to cut down on the amount of stuff I own, and it's bloody expensive.  Regular edition for me.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 10, 2010, 03:20:09 AM »

Quote from: Chaz on September 10, 2010, 03:05:14 AM

I so want the Legendary edition.  The statue looks sweet.  However, I don't really have a place for it, I'm trying to cut down on the amount of stuff I own, and it's bloody expensive.  Regular edition for me.

If history is any example, then they'll make too many of them and you can get one for cheap at some point.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 10, 2010, 03:58:51 AM »

i have a feeling they may have cut back a bit due to the overwhelming amounts of cat helmet editions from the last legendary box.  i expect to see a few for a while afterwards, but not whole crates like they did last time.

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 10, 2010, 04:29:03 AM »

I suspect the same thing.  This statue thing is probably more expensive to manufacture than the cat helmet too, so that might keep supplies down.  If I can grab a discounted one later, then great.

ras752000
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 10, 2010, 01:58:15 PM »

Why not?  I preordered from amazon now.  Guess I'll pick up a 3 month card to last until black ops.

PSN=ras752000
Steam=ras752000gt
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 10, 2010, 02:30:09 PM »

I just went with the regular edition off of Amazon with the 20 buck video game credit I have.  I figure for 40 bucks I can blow through SP and trade it in at Gamestop towards Dead Rising 2 or Kinect, which will get me an extra 25% on it.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: September 10, 2010, 03:58:42 PM »

a legendary unboxing.

Because I can,
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 10, 2010, 04:46:06 PM »

Wow...the legendary edition is really well done.  I went with the the regular edition from amazon, but after seeing those pictures, I will definitely have LE envy. 
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 11, 2010, 11:34:22 AM »

Game Informer say 95%

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 11, 2010, 02:16:17 PM »

GI writes: 'Any disappointment series fans felt after ODST should be completely washed away thanks to Reach. Make no mistake about it - this is the true follow-up to Halo 3. It's also a perfect way for Bungie to part with the series it turned into a phenomenon.'

actually, even though I never got around to finishing it, I really liked the portion of ODST I played.  I wonder how I'm going to feel about Reach now.

Because I can,
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 11, 2010, 02:23:08 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 11, 2010, 02:16:17 PM

GI writes: 'Any disappointment series fans felt after ODST should be completely washed away thanks to Reach. Make no mistake about it - this is the true follow-up to Halo 3. It's also a perfect way for Bungie to part with the series it turned into a phenomenon.'

actually, even though I never got around to finishing it, I really liked the portion of ODST I played.  I wonder how I'm going to feel about Reach now.

Orgasm.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 11, 2010, 02:28:38 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on September 11, 2010, 02:23:08 PM

Orgasm.

that all depends.  I  liked Halo 1, liked Halo 2 up until we got back to the Halo and Halo 3 was really hit and miss for me.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 11, 2010, 03:36:50 PM »

I just finished ODST.  If it wasn't for the damn hub-Mombasa, it would have been much better.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 11, 2010, 05:18:45 PM »

yeah, the whole hub idea really didn't work for them, especially as it made the player character something of a gamer.  no, i am not playing the heavy weapons guy, i am playing the noob who is playing the heavy weapons guy. 

i am jealous of kathode right now.  he was online playing this last night.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 11, 2010, 05:29:04 PM »

ODST was fun but being all alone sucked. And i really hate the Halo games for making re walk past areas all the time.

As for Reach our local Gamestop is doing free food and drinks, trivia, and other things for the midnight launch. they are also giving away a Halo Xbox 360 console and a Life size Spartan statue. i'd like Kat, then george, then the sniper but I'd take any.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 11, 2010, 05:36:29 PM »

Forgot about the hub, but it didn't feel too bad to me.

Because I can,
Jarrodhk

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 11, 2010, 07:58:35 PM »

I enjoyed ODST quite a bit. Of course I also spent most of my time playing the campaign co-op and firefight co-op and by myself.

Pikachu, I Blame you!
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 11, 2010, 08:02:29 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on September 11, 2010, 05:29:04 PM

ODST was fun but being all alone sucked. And i really hate the Halo games for making re walk past areas all the time.

retard

How many Halo games have you played?

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 11, 2010, 11:05:16 PM »

Quote from: Caine on September 11, 2010, 05:18:45 PM

i am jealous of kathode right now.  he was online playing this last night.

ninja 

Perks smile  Having a blast, though the small online population at the moment seems to be made exclusively of people who can destroy me with little more than a thought.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 12, 2010, 03:12:37 AM »

Quote from: pr0ner on September 11, 2010, 08:02:29 PM

Quote from: Daehawk on September 11, 2010, 05:29:04 PM

retard

How many Halo games have you played?

Yeah that doesn't sound much like a Halo game - all have allowed you to play co-op locally with a buddy.  And Halo 3 and ODST allowed you to play co-op online with 4 other people via XBL. I'm not sure what you mean by all alone, unless you're referring to the main protagonist in ODST who got separated from his squad. Even at that, he was only alone during the nighttime sequences. Other than the latter 3rd of Halo 1 I don't remember any of the other games forcing you to backtrack - unless of course you got hopelessly lost in New Mombasa in ODST.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 03:17:28 AM by kronovan » Logged
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 12, 2010, 03:45:21 AM »

Well, the way the levels were set up in Halo: CE, it just seemed like you were going down the exact same hallways over and over biggrin

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: