http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 04:55:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halo: Reach Impressions thread  (Read 9205 times)
Chaz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 20, 2010, 05:59:52 AM »

Quote from: jersoc on September 20, 2010, 03:40:30 AM

Quote from: Chaz on September 20, 2010, 02:48:57 AM

Holy crap, big team battle snipers has to be the worst thing ever.  Also, am I missing something, or is it not possible to drop from a firefight lobby? I did a round to finish off today's shotgun daily, and couldn't figure out how to quit before the next map loaded.  After you're in the map, you can pause and quit, but I couldn't find an option before that.  In the regular MP lobbies, you can quit between rounds.

it's super short window. just hit B after the rank up screen

I think I realized that it's preventing you from quitting after the voting stage starts.  While annoying, it makes sense.  If you could quit during voting, if you don't get a game type you like, you just quit out, the game has to either bounce back to matchmaking or go in with empty slots.  This way, if you don't like the game type, you're forced to do a mid-game disconnect, which can get you temp-banned if you do it enough. 

Amazingly, I managed to grind out all today's dailies, including the get 125 kills in matchmaking one.  Shocking.  I still suck.  Apparently everyone else has much stronger shields than I do, since if I get in a 1 on 1 fight, I lose.

I did find a fun trick.  On the map with the bowl and the two towers, I climbed to the top of the tower that has all the ramps on it, then set a hologram on the edge looking over the bowl, then hid in the blind corner near the ramp.  Got a mess of assassination kills stabbing guys who came up to gank my "sniper".  Was awesome.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 20, 2010, 06:08:07 AM »

How do you do those animated kills? I know you need behind them but i can never find the key to do them although I have done a few by accident.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 20, 2010, 06:11:02 AM »

Quote from: Chaz on September 20, 2010, 05:59:52 AM

I did find a fun trick.  On the map with the bowl and the two towers, I climbed to the top of the tower that has all the ramps on it, then set a hologram on the edge looking over the bowl, then hid in the blind corner near the ramp.  Got a mess of assassination kills stabbing guys who came up to gank my "sniper".  Was awesome.

that sounds cool.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 20, 2010, 06:40:59 AM »

Is there a way to replay the in-game cutscenes somehow?  I don't see it anywhere and I'd like to watch some of them again.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 20, 2010, 06:41:50 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on September 20, 2010, 06:40:59 AM

Is there a way to replay the in-game cutscenes somehow?  I don't see it anywhere and I'd like to watch some of them again.

have you checked youtube?

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2010, 06:45:12 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 20, 2010, 06:41:50 AM

No but most games now allow you to replay them in-game...I figured Reach would too.  I guess it doesn't though?
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2010, 06:59:29 AM »

I thought thats what the theater was for. Not used it. Is that not what it is for?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 20, 2010, 07:00:23 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on September 20, 2010, 06:45:12 AM

Quote from: CeeKay on September 20, 2010, 06:41:50 AM

No but most games now allow you to replay them in-game...I figured Reach would too.  I guess it doesn't though?

I haven't seen anything, but I haven't really looked either.

Because I can,
The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 20, 2010, 10:36:37 AM »

Finished it, and wow, a hell of a ride again. This remains my favourite fps series ever I believe.
What makes Halo so good for me, is the fact that you often face insurmountable odds, but they can be overcome by skill. The Spartan you're controlling really feels like a bad-ass, and not because he has a lot of health, but because you can punch a hole into a tank, hijack a ghost, drop a plasma grenade onto an Elite, and headshot a pack of grunts in quick succession. What I mean is, you're never out of options, there's always some way to improvise by using the environment and available weapons to your advantage. It's not just shooting, it's an entire system of melee-guns-grenades with smart and interesting opponents. And you don't feel cheated in these games. If you fail, it's mostly because the enemies did something good, or you did something bad.

But, I do have some caveats concerning some new weapons. Only the designated marksman rifle was really great, all the other new weapons felt more like fluff. The plasma repeater sucked; the grenade launcher proved unreliable and not as fun to use as the Brute shot; the plasma launcher was too rare to really appreciate, but felt slow and weird; that laser-designate-target-thingy felt tacked on; the concussion rifle had far too little ammo...

But these are minor points, and maybe these are weapons that come into their own in multiplayer.

I was kind of surprised though that there was no more dual-wielding. Did they announce they were going to cut that? Dual-wielding a plasma pistol and a submachine gun was THE best way to get rid of an Elite on Legendary, so I'm sort of sad it's gone. Then again, this means that the weapons will be a bit more powerfull on their own I guess (like the brute spiker hopefully).
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2010, 12:14:46 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on September 20, 2010, 06:08:07 AM

How do you do those animated kills? I know you need behind them but i can never find the key to do them although I have done a few by accident.

Hold the melee button
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2010, 04:21:58 PM »

Quote from: The Rocketman on September 20, 2010, 10:36:37 AM

I was kind of surprised though that there was no more dual-wielding. Did they announce they were going to cut that? Dual-wielding a plasma pistol and a submachine gun was THE best way to get rid of an Elite on Legendary, so I'm sort of sad it's gone.

I think it was known.  I didn't miss it all that much but gotta admit, it's a little irritating to see Elites doing it when you can't smile  Guess it helps sell the Elite/human divide though.
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2010, 05:23:04 PM »

Quote from: The Rocketman on September 20, 2010, 10:36:37 AM

Finished it, and wow, a hell of a ride again. This remains my favourite fps series ever I believe.
What makes Halo so good for me, is the fact that you often face insurmountable odds, but they can be overcome by skill. The Spartan you're controlling really feels like a bad-ass, and not because he has a lot of health, but because you can punch a hole into a tank, hijack a ghost, drop a plasma grenade onto an Elite, and headshot a pack of grunts in quick succession. What I mean is, you're never out of options, there's always some way to improvise by using the environment and available weapons to your advantage. It's not just shooting, it's an entire system of melee-guns-grenades with smart and interesting opponents. And you don't feel cheated in these games. If you fail, it's mostly because the enemies did something good, or you did something bad.

But, I do have some caveats concerning some new weapons. Only the designated marksman rifle was really great, all the other new weapons felt more like fluff. The plasma repeater sucked; the grenade launcher proved unreliable and not as fun to use as the Brute shot; the plasma launcher was too rare to really appreciate, but felt slow and weird; that laser-designate-target-thingy felt tacked on; the concussion rifle had far too little ammo...

But these are minor points, and maybe these are weapons that come into their own in multiplayer.

I was kind of surprised though that there was no more dual-wielding. Did they announce they were going to cut that? Dual-wielding a plasma pistol and a submachine gun was THE best way to get rid of an Elite on Legendary, so I'm sort of sad it's gone. Then again, this means that the weapons will be a bit more powerfull on their own I guess (like the brute spiker hopefully).

"the plasma launcher was too rare to really appreciate" - In game, I'd agree. In multiplayer, I don't want to pick it up. Good luck sticking someone running around with this thing. I've yet to see it on a big team map where you might find it useful against vehicles, but I find it all the time in smaller maps that I feel makes it utterly useless.

DMR is hands down my favorite weapon in the game. No surprise there, the battle rifle was my weapon of choice in Halo 3. I'm sort of bummed there is no alien sniper in this and no I don't think the beam shooter really counts, though it zooms like one.

Plasma pistol is indispensable on some levels where there are all kinds of vehicles driving around. Kudos to bungie as well for making what has to be one of my favorite abilities to counter vehicles. There is nothing more satisfying then waiting for some chump to try and splatter you with a ghost, only to armor lock at the last second and blow him up. That is SO cool.  nod

Multiplayer is very well balanced from what I can tell. I've noticed a few times that if you melee at the correct moment, you can counter someone with a sword. That has me slightly baffled and has gotten me killed once or twice, but it's pretty easy to get used to.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 20, 2010, 05:27:07 PM »

I hate the Spartan grenade launcher thing.  I hate even more that they frequently pair it with active camo.  The thing is just a massive pain to use.  Unless you hit dead on, the grenade usually goes careening off somewhere useless, and then it takes forever to get a second shot off.  I also really dislike the needle rifle.  Feels like I'm shooting spitwads.

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 20, 2010, 05:36:17 PM »

the closest thing to the dmr on the covy side is the needle rifle.  i actually like it more for a few reasons.  larger ammo clip and fire rate plus the supercombine is great for elites.  it doesn't have the same damage/shot though, but it can still kill grunts with a headshot.  

even though it comes up in rotation way too often, i absolutely love rocket firefight on courtyard.  nothing quite so bad ass as raining rockets down on a pack of grunts or skirmishers and watching the ground rumble.  i went 50 and 0 on heroic last night and was top of the rank.  

i haven't topped the 12k firefight round though.  

i would really love a longer firefight option in the rotation though and considering how little anyone votes for it, they can remove the defense option entirely.  

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
ras752000
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 20, 2010, 07:01:38 PM »

Yeah I voted for gen defense once b/c I didn't know what it is . . . Never again.

PSN=ras752000
Steam=ras752000gt
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: September 20, 2010, 07:07:21 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on September 20, 2010, 05:27:07 PM

I hate the Spartan grenade launcher thing.  I hate even more that they frequently pair it with active camo.  The thing is just a massive pain to use.  Unless you hit dead on, the grenade usually goes careening off somewhere useless, and then it takes forever to get a second shot off.  I also really dislike the needle rifle.  Feels like I'm shooting spitwads.

Best thing to do with the grenade launcher is hold the trigger and release when you want it to explode.  Works much better than the default timing which I agree, I can never hit anything with.

For the needle rifle, hold down the trigger if you're not - it's fully automatic.  Also, it has a super-combine effect just like the needler, where it will do more damage when you load up a target with multiple shots.
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 20, 2010, 07:15:18 PM »

Quote from: kathode on September 20, 2010, 07:07:21 PM

Best thing to do with the grenade launcher is hold the trigger and release when you want it to explode.  Works much better than the default timing which I agree, I can never hit anything with.

For the needle rifle, hold down the trigger if you're not - it's fully automatic.  Also, it has a super-combine effect just like the needler, where it will do more damage when you load up a target with multiple shots.

I agree with the needle rifle, but I'm still going to go for headshots to kill faster over body shots to achieve the combine effect.

I'm with you on the grenade launcher too, I really hate that thing.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 20, 2010, 08:05:45 PM »

Quote from: kathode on September 20, 2010, 07:07:21 PM

Wait, I can trigger the detonation of the grenade? If so, that makes it worlds better.  I just assumed I had no control over that.

I might need to stop thinking of the needle rifle as a sniper rifle, and more as a needler with a scope.  Because it's a terrible sniper rifle.

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: September 21, 2010, 01:53:00 AM »

I didn't discover the killing power of the DMR until late in the campaign.  I concur that secondary fire was the only way I could effectively use the grenade launcher.  I really liked the needle rifle for both mid-range headshots and full auto ass kicking. 

I think the biggest lesson for me was always carrying a covenant weapon for tearing down shields, and a UNSC weapon or a supercombine weapon for killing once shields were down.  The plasma pistol is a great choice for both anti vehicle stunning, and a 1 shot anti shield blast against Elites.  I carried the regular assault rifle for unshielded targets for most the campaign, but later switched to the DMR and the needle rifle.

I like the stopping power of the shotgun, but I hate the small magazine.  I would think they could invent barrel drum shotguns, or larger magazines.  It's like a 20th century shotgun.     
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 21, 2010, 02:18:58 AM »

So far the campaign is easily the best of the Halo series.  I love it.  However, I wish Bungie would stick to nature-type environments.  Their city block stuff is blah. 
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: September 21, 2010, 04:12:45 AM »

Had a hilarious match tonight.  It was 4v4 team slayer on the giant city map, Boardwalk.  I was looking for one more assist for my daily.  

The other team was way better than us.  Lots of sniping, moving together, and generally laying the smack down.  The map was so big, I frequently was separated from my team, so it wasn't looking like I was going to get the assist.  Eventually, three of us go down to the underpass.  I'm in the middle of the line, and I see a red come from the other side behind the guy in the lead with a plasma launcher.  He manages to stick the guy in the lead, but I unload a few rounds into him, then run up behind him and go for the assassination.  Mid-stab, the world explodes, and I get notified that I was betrayed.  Nobody knows what the hell happened.

The film revealed all.  After the stick, my buddy turned around and tossed a frag.  It managed to hit my ankle and land at my feet just as I was going for the assassination.  It blew with about a foot between my knife and the enemy.  Somehow, I got the assist.  In the pic below, note me in the blue with the knife, and the grenade conspicuously at my feet.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 21, 2010, 06:30:28 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on September 21, 2010, 02:18:58 AM

So far the campaign is easily the best of the Halo series.  I love it.  However, I wish Bungie would stick to nature-type environments.  Their city block stuff is blah.  

I agree totally on that.

And thanks Laner for telling me how to do the cool kills.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 06:32:58 AM by Daehawk » Logged

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 21, 2010, 06:40:10 AM »

Quote from: Chaz on September 21, 2010, 04:12:45 AM

LOL

Because I can,
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 21, 2010, 12:57:06 PM »

Had a ton of really great games last night with Roman, m4ck3r, ArchDan and a few others.

Does this linkage work for you? Recap of a really sick game smile

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=66051477&player=Nonnahob

X360 - Nonnahob

spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 21, 2010, 01:25:41 PM »

Finally completed the campaign on heroic last night. All in all, I really enjoyed it. Easily my most favorite of the series. The ending kind of lacked punch, but given the somber and melancholy events of the game, it was a perfect bridge back into the first game.

Playing solo, the waves and waves of enemies they throw at you in the last sections wore really thin. It'll probably be a bit more fun if I do another run-through with co-op. But seeing a gang of Elites descend on me, especially the ones with the green plasma cannons, was downright groan inducing. I much rather face the Brutes to be honest.

Spoiler for Hiden:
The part after all the credits rolled was pretty cool. A lone Spartan left on Reach with hell raining down on you.

I really wished Carter was with me at the last stand instead of Emile. In fact they never really flesh him out and he was pretty ineffectual with his shotgun when the last few levels were all open-air open-area combat.

The scorpion tank section as laughably short, but I guess they sort of made up for it with the space combat level.

I need to brush up on my Halo lore, but where was Master Chief in all this? I assume he was in battle on other parts of Reach? And as the highest ranking Spartan and best hope for mankind, he was later tucked away in his coffin on the Pillar of Autumn? I wished there was a level or 2 where we actually played as the Chief so there was a stronger dovetail between Noble and the events of Reach as it plays out into the first game. Maybe a level where they Chief and UNSC marines needed to fight their way to Pillar of Autumn or some cut-scene between he and Halsey.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 01:30:17 PM by spigot » Logged

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 21, 2010, 01:29:51 PM »

Quote from: spigot on September 21, 2010, 01:25:41 PM

Finally completed the campaign on heroic last night. All in all, I really enjoyed it. Easily my most favorite of the series. The ending kind of lacked punch, but given the somber and melancholy events of the game, it was a perfect bridge back into the first game. The part after all the credits rolled was pretty cool.

Playing solo, the waves and waves of enemies they throw at you in the last sections wore really thin. It'll probably be a bit more fun if I do another run-through with co-op. But seeing a gang of Elites descend on me, especially the ones with the green plasma cannons, was downright groan inducing. I much rather face the Brutes to be honest.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I really wished Carter was with me at the last stand instead of Emile. In fact they never really flesh him out and he was pretty ineffectual with his shotgun when the last few levels were all open-air open-area combat.

The scorpion tank section as laughably short, but I guess they sort of made up for it with the space combat level.

I need to brush up on my Halo lore, but where was Master Chief in all this? I assume he was in battle on other parts of Reach? And as the highest ranking Spartan and best hope for mankind, he was later tucked away in his coffin on the Pillar of Autumn? I wished there was a level or 2 where we actually played as the Chief so there was a stronger dovetail between the Noble and the events of Reach as it plays out into the first game.

On your question...

Spoiler for Hiden:
John(Master Chief, if you dont know his name is John), with Linda and James, was sent to Reach Station Gamma to destroy an unsecured NAV database onboard the UNSC Circumference. If the Covenant obtained the database, they would discover the location of every human world, including Earth; the location of Earth by then was still a closely guarded secret. The NAV database was destroyed, but Linda and James were ambushed by Covenant Sangheili; James was lost in space, and Linda was critically wounded. John saved four other Marines on the station, including Staff Sergeant Avery Johnson. The team returned to the UNSC Pillar of Autumn and was placed into cryo-sleep as the ship landed on, then fled Reach and, following the Cole Protocol, jumped into Slipspace with coordinates deduced by Cortana from constellation data retrieved earlier, in hopes of leading the Covenant away from Earth.

--Halopedia

X360 - Nonnahob

Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 21, 2010, 01:37:03 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on September 21, 2010, 12:57:06 PM

Had a ton of really great games last night with Roman, m4ck3r, ArchDan and a few others.

Does this linkage work for you? Recap of a really sick game smile

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=66051477&player=Nonnahob

jerk. you just had to post possibly the worst match of the night  Tongue

I still contend that my Halo record must be consistent with golf scores. If below par is good in golf than it is GREAT in Halo.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 01:40:05 PM by Roman » Logged

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 21, 2010, 03:15:46 PM »

Seriously?  +31? 

You should never play COD ever again. Not sure how you have the patience for it given the drop in prowess. (and that's not a slam).
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 21, 2010, 04:12:14 PM »

If I spend my credits on armor does that impact my leveling up ability? IE - if I spend 10k on stuff does that reduce my credit progress to the next level by 10k thus taking me longer to move up?

Thoughts?

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2010, 04:23:05 PM »

Nope.  Spending money and XP credits are basically different pools.

Roman

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2010, 04:54:34 PM »

Quote from: Chaz on September 21, 2010, 04:23:05 PM

Nope.  Spending money and XP credits are basically different pools.

phew! Thanks!

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 22, 2010, 09:45:15 PM »

sorry if this has already been posted,as i haven't got the game yet so i don't wanna read the 5 pages yet

Reach Racer Easter Egg
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=266056

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 22, 2010, 10:29:27 PM »

Something really neat that's also a SPOILER if you have not finished the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Seems Master Chief IS in Reach....and not in a silly way....watch on:

http://kotaku.com/5640366/the-master-chief-is-in-halo-reach-after-all
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 22, 2010, 10:58:22 PM »

I found one of the data pads. I was wondering if they had initially planned them as a collectible but then decided against it.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 22, 2010, 11:19:53 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on September 22, 2010, 10:58:22 PM

I found one of the data pads. I was wondering if they had initially planned them as a collectible but then decided against it.

I found two and was wondering the same thing, after the skull collecting and the stuff from ODST I was a sad panda without something else to collect and get rewarded for.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 22, 2010, 11:39:36 PM »

Considering how well done the collectibles were in ODST the datapads are a giant step back.  I think we've moved beyond just randomly searching every single corner of an environment.

About to finish up Reach (in the final part of the final mission) and while I love the game and think the moment to moment combat is the best in the series, I would probably rate it relatively low in terms of my favorite Halo campaigns.  Level design is kind of bleh and the story and characters aren't what I had hoped for. 
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 23, 2010, 07:30:37 AM »

There are a bunch of hidden data pads. they dont do anything though.

So what would everyone say was the worst weapon in the game that you think should have / could have been better? For me it was the shotgun. Low power, not enough ammo in the chamber...it all added up to a pretty useless gun that should have been so much more.

I finished Reach tonight. I was ok with the ending. I guess because I pretty much knew how it would end. Well except for Jun. Great game. had a lot of fun in it. May play some multiplayer more but not sure.

For some reason it seems most people always vote for Slayer matches. i get sick of them. I've never been a big death match fan ever. I guess it's a console thing. I started out on PCs so to me CO-OP and CTF is where it's at. I suppose Halo was the first big FPS on consoles for that crowd. DOOM 2 was mine on PC.

Anyways I'd give Reach a good solid 10/10. Thanks Bungie for a memorable sendoff to your series. I hope the next Halo game by whomever is even better. I think Bungies' biggest mistake with the Halo games was getting lazy in their level design and usually making backtrack and retrace the map half way through the game.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 23, 2010, 07:30:47 AM »

loved the space level!

Because I can,
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 23, 2010, 12:57:06 PM »

Quote from: Daehawk on September 23, 2010, 07:30:37 AM

So what would everyone say was the worst weapon in the game that you think should have / could have been better? For me it was the shotgun. Low power, not enough ammo in the chamber...it all added up to a pretty useless gun that should have been so much more.

I finished Reach tonight. I was ok with the ending. I guess because I pretty much knew how it would end. Well except for Jun. Great game. had a lot of fun in it. May play some multiplayer more but not sure.

For some reason it seems most people always vote for Slayer matches. i get sick of them. I've never been a big death match fan ever. I guess it's a console thing. I started out on PCs so to me CO-OP and CTF is where it's at. I suppose Halo was the first big FPS on consoles for that crowd. DOOM 2 was mine on PC.

Anyways I'd give Reach a good solid 10/10. Thanks Bungie for a memorable sendoff to your series. I hope the next Halo game by whomever is even better. I think Bungies' biggest mistake with the Halo games was getting lazy in their level design and usually making backtrack and retrace the map half way through the game.

Shotgun is a good choice for weapon they did the worst... or alien plasma cannon. That thing is useless against people on foot and they continually stick it in multiplayer levels. The plasma grenades track so slowly, a quick sprint or jetpack and you're out of harms way.

X360 - Nonnahob

ras752000
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 23, 2010, 01:24:42 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on September 23, 2010, 12:57:06 PM

Quote from: Daehawk on September 23, 2010, 07:30:37 AM

Shotgun is a good choice for weapon they did the worst... or alien plasma cannon. That thing is useless against people on foot and they continually stick it in multiplayer levels. The plasma grenades track so slowly, a quick sprint or jetpack and you're out of harms way.
I actually felt the same way about the shotgun, but the other night I picked it up on the underside of the boardwalk(?) level in slayer . . . I was able to 1 shot kill several people in a row in corridors down there, and even when I went topside I was able to kill others within 2 shots if I kept strafing.

PSN=ras752000
Steam=ras752000gt
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: