http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 02:19:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halo 3, What are you're expectations  (Read 2583 times)
FuronKamikaze
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2005, 11:42:52 AM »

Me and my friends debated on it while we where playing and thought that the Elites, some Grunts, and the Hunters are going to join the humans and take on whats left of the Covenant with some awesome Covenant/Human enhanced weapons. Either that or the humans will divide too and their will be four factions.

Xbox Live Gamertag: bandirooster

ONE GIANT STEP ON MANKIND
AND REMEMBER FURONS ARE PALE BLUE NOT 'LITTLE GREEN MEN', PATHETIC HUMANS
PS: Live not currently working and waiting on a 360 set for the 22nd
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 12:12:36 PM »

I'd just like an ending. slywink  

I think we are going to see a banding together of both factions against the plant thing and the rest of the flood.  Once the Covenant see the light that the Halos are a destructive weapon and not a religious icon I think they'll fall in line with us.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 12:59:41 PM »

My expectation is to save $50 from not buying it, or anything else Bungie ever makes. biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 01:35:08 PM »

WBS, stick to the thread. As to your 50 dollar savings, you know you'll just blow it out in smoke from your crackpipe. slywink

I'm hoping for more multiplayer mayhem, more story twists and a more refined ride than the H2 offered. I found myself not knowing WHERE I was (Covenant homeworld, or just a covenant infested world). It'd be neat to see the different homeworlds, or the citadel where the Arbiter was cast down.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2005, 02:22:51 PM »

My are expectations are more of the same.  Which isn't a bad thing smile
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 02:50:35 PM »

Quote from: "Purge"
WBS, stick to the thread. As to your 50 dollar savings, you know you'll just blow it out in smoke from your crackpipe. slywink

Actually I was sticking to the thread, as I fully expect to save $50 from not buying it. biggrin

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2005, 03:47:07 PM »

More copy/paste level design, more 10 year olds swearing at me over Live, more hype....

Actually, as long as they give us the ending that was promised (and maybe some more levels on Earth), I'll be happy.

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2005, 06:04:14 PM »

Quote from: "Knightshade Dragon"
I'd just like an ending. slywink  

Yeah, I want an ending too.

I'll wait for reviews to see if it has one, or if Bungie is playing just MOTS this time around. I wasn't happy with Halo 2 (as I didn't play it multiplayer) as because of a single player game, it stunk (thanks to the lack of an ending).

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2005, 06:54:54 PM »

I still think its early for this discussion, but a few notes:
Halo 2 had an ending. If you didn't like it, didn't understand it, didn't think it was sufficient-fine, but it had an ending, it made absolutely crystal clear sense to me, and it set up the third game perfectly.

I would like a mix of fighting a more diverse, nastier, more intelligent flood and its big boss mind and the Covenant sect that basically staged a coup to take over, but with humans and the arbiters Covenant with you. I would like the game to be staged on a few different planets, perhaps a flood world, a Covenant world or ship, and then at least half on earth. The tunisia levels in Halo2 were simply fanfuckingtastic.

Either way I expect to just love it smile
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2005, 10:29:29 PM »

Coop for more than two people.

I don't care if the other three players are all vanilla marines with no shields and low health to balance things out.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2005, 10:48:13 PM »

I expect to have a hard time talking my friends into buying it so I can borrow it and save 50 bucks.

Oh, and I expect to find out the Master Chief actually looks like Dimmona's avatar!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
FuronKamikaze
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2005, 03:16:02 AM »

Actually I was sticking to the thread, as I fully expect to save $50 from not buying it.

You can't tell me you won't buy it. This is one of the coolest games I've ever played. Even when I didn't have live it was fun because I'd just get some friends to play 4player with sure the campaign was a dissapointment but it did have an ending as Rage said it was just a cliffhanger ending to get you interested in the sequel. I expect to pay more than $50 for a limited edition, hopefully.

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2005, 04:01:06 AM »

Quote from: "FuronKamikaze"
Actually I was sticking to the thread, as I fully expect to save $50 from not buying it.

You can't tell me you won't buy it. This is one of the coolest games I've ever played. Even when I didn't have live it was fun because I'd just get some friends to play 4player with sure the campaign was a dissapointment but it did have an ending as Rage said it was just a cliffhanger ending to get you interested in the sequel. I expect to pay more than $50 for a limited edition, hopefully.

To put it mildly, the game was so flat-out awful I sat there stunned that I'd actually put down money for it. And then it was over with a "cliff-hanger ending" that was merely a cliff-hanger and not an ending. It was like the end of the second Matrix movie where it just cut off like it was building up to something... then said, "Aw screw it, let's just stop it here and go home."

As I've talked at length in the past about how vastly overrated the Halo series is, I'll stop now and let the discussion resume. But Halo 2 stands for me as the worst game of last year, period.

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2005, 04:14:57 AM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
Quote from: "FuronKamikaze"

To put it mildly, the game was so flat-out awful I sat there stunned that I'd actually put down money for it. And then it was over with a "cliff-hanger ending" that was merely a cliff-hanger and not an ending. It was like the end of the second Matrix movie where it just cut off like it was building up to something... then said, "Aw screw it, let's just stop it here and go home."

As I've talked at length in the past about how vastly overrated the Halo series is, I'll stop now and let the discussion resume. But Halo 2 stands for me as the worst game of last year, period.

Im sorry dude, you know I heart you, but thats just plain bullshit. By no objective standard of the genre can Halo 2 be considered a "bad" game.
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2005, 11:55:27 AM »

Wow, Halo 2 wasn't "bad" by any stretch of the imagination.  It was pretty much the same as Halo 1, gameplay-wise.  Did you hate that one?

Calling it one of the worst games of the year is silly, imo.

TheMissingLink on PSN
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2005, 12:37:12 PM »

I gave up on halo 2 about 60% of the way through.  when I got to the library type of repeating level I quite.  Sickened me.  And online play never interested me cuz of all the kids being @ssholes.  So, I am not looking forward to this one at all.  That being said if reviews are superb I will rent and see.  If I am shockingly surprised by it, I will pick it up probably.  I would like it to be good.  I loooovvveeeedddd the first.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Qbert
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2005, 04:13:46 PM »

I'd expect for it to for once live up to it's hype.

Come on now, UT2k4 does what halo/halo2 does 100x better...and UT2k4 is also much more purdy.

Halo2 is all hype and no substance.  Repetive gameplay.  Repetive designs.  etc.  Two character types?  That's it?  Just different colors?  Laughable.

Im sorry dude, you know I heart you, but thats just plain bullshit. By no objective standard of the genre can Halo 2 be considered a "bad" game.

I think Halo2 is merely ok, I enjoyed for a bit, but by the genre's standard, I would think bad does fit, for the reasons mentioned.  It does nothing new, the graphics are not the best, the gameplay is repetive and bland, the story is lacking, and on and on and on.  

It's merely ok for the quick matches online, and for nothing much else.

Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2005, 06:20:23 PM »

Quote from: "mikeg"
I gave up on halo 2 about 60% of the way through.  when I got to the library type of repeating level I quite.  Sickened me.  And online play never interested me cuz of all the kids being @ssholes.  So, I am not looking forward to this one at all.  That being said if reviews are superb I will rent and see.  If I am shockingly surprised by it, I will pick it up probably.  I would like it to be good.  I loooovvveeeedddd the first.
So you liked the longer version of the Library in Halo 1 but not the shorter one of 2?

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
Qbert
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2005, 06:40:19 PM »

I know plenty of people that loved Halo 1 but hated the library levels.

Dimmona

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2005, 06:42:51 PM »

Was Halo 2 a bad game?  No way, it was great.  

Was even close to living up to the hype/expectations about its greatness?  Not even close.  

Live play was actually the only part that met/exceeded most people's expectations and remains the one of its biggest strengths, but the execution of single player let a lot of people who bought into the hype down a little bit (myself included).

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with a cliffhanger ending if its executed correctly... my beef with the Halo 2 ending was that the execution was lousy.  Heck, Bungie devs have even admitted to wishing that they had more time to flesh it out (see the EGM post-complete interview with them a few issues ago).

As for Halo 3, as long as they keep the Live portion the way it is (although coop over Live would be nice) and focus on better level design (my biggest beef with the Halo series), then I will be quite happy with it.

Better yet, include Marathon as a minigame smile

Xbox Live tag: Dimmona
DS WiFi Friends Codes
Wii Code: 6091 9321 3340 8417
Xbox360 Gamer Card
FuronKamikaze
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2005, 08:05:41 PM »

To everybody who said or thought this game was even a bit of a dissapointment, I agree because I thought it would be more immersive than Halo 1 and the Covenant part of the campaign was but the Human part lacked substance it's sorry but true :cry: . And furthermore the game was supposed to have at least half of  it on Earth and Earth based multiplayer maps, that my friends was a true dissapointment  :cry: . But Live saved this from getting a rather bad rating and you can mute people's voices on Live or you can ignore them or tough talk them back.
Whatever works, all in all this was a great game and I hope Halo 3 will live up to it's expectations

Qbert
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2005, 08:13:58 PM »

Another thing that REALLY irked me about Halo 2.  For a game that was touted as being soooooo geared towards multi play, they really shipped the game with a bs amount of maps.  I'm like WTF?  A game in which mp is the strong point, there should have been a ton of maps.  Instead, they wait until MONTHS later to release some sub-standard, uninspired maps.

I really wanted to love Halo2, but I barely liked it.

The Rocketman
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2005, 09:16:50 PM »

I consider these series some of the best games in history. I understand all the negatives (repetition, the ending...), but in the end, nothing beats playing it on legendary with a buddy. I mean that. No game is as cool as that. And I've been playing games since Wolfenstein.

But yeah, I understand why some people would dislike it. To each his own.

So, what I want in Halo3 is the same as everyone else wants, a real fight on earth! And a bit less Arbiter-gameplay, I liked him, but not as much as the master chief.
Belgedin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2005, 03:04:10 AM »

Halo 2 was a bad game. Halo 3 can rot in hell. Damn Bungie, damn them for robbing me of my $50 dollars. THe whole game from start to finish was BORING. Multi-player levels sucked, too. I should have just bought Halo 1 two more times.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2005, 03:07:55 AM »

Quote from: "Belgedin"
Halo 2 was a bad game. Halo 3 can rot in hell. Damn Bungie, damn them for robbing me of my $50 dollars. THe whole game from start to finish was BORING. Multi-player levels sucked, too. I should have just bought Halo 1 two more times.

Ok dude. Put the crack down, take a deep breath.
Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2005, 06:21:41 AM »

It'll be groundbreakingly pretty.

It wont be very long in single player since it will be all about multiplayer with new toys and new boys(people/aliens/etc.)

People will swear its amazing, and others will be pissed about how overhyped it was.

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2005, 06:48:14 AM »

Quote from: "The Rocketman"
but in the end, nothing beats playing it on legendary with a buddy. I mean that. No game is as cool as that. And I've been playing games since Wolfenstein.

Yea co-op was another of the fun things about Halo that I wish more games had.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: