http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 06:10:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halo 3...sooner than we think?  (Read 1584 times)
yeyeman9
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« on: November 16, 2004, 07:58:52 PM »

Alright, there are lots of theories out there and well I have gathered most of the information I could find and remember and I am going to post it here. This is what is happening:

Someone posted somewhere (I am not sure how it started or even if it is true) that at the end of the credits (when you beat it on Legendary, Halo 2 that is) there is a message that says "Coming on February 9th". People think it might be Halo 3 and stuff, I really dont think it will come out THAT SOON, but I do think it could come out next year around November too. Why? Well first of all, the first thing that will come to your mind is "but they wont sell halo 2 as much" but actually they will. A year is good enough to sell halo 2, thats a first, but people would need to play Halo 2 before Halo 3 because Halo 3 will basically be the continuation of Halo 2. Being exactly 1 story in 2 games.

This is also a brilliant idea, since by selling the story in 2 games instead of 1 gives them more money. Probably Halo 2 was ment to be longer, but since they did not have the space to make it that long they "cut it" and make Halo 3 being it the continuation, and also giving them a lot more money. Also, Halo 2 does not (atleast for me) seem like a 3 years work. I don't know what you guys think, but Halo 2 seems like a year and a half of work. What about if they were actually working on both at the same time? And are planning on releasing it next year, either on christmas for Xbox 2 or simply for Xbox. It was possible with Matrix, seems possible with a game.

Apart from that, we got the sountrack which is titled "Halo 2 Sountrack Vol. 1". Giving us a hint that a Vol. 2 will come out, but every Halo 2 song is already in the soundtrack...Also, I saw a post of a guy that worked for Microsoft or something of that sort and couldn't give more information but he knows a guy that beta tested and even contributed to Halo 2 and he said that Halo 3 might come out sooner than what everyone thinks.

But basically that is what is going on with the rumors on Halo 3....your thoughts?

-Yeyeman

~Gamers are born to play~

"I have a suggestion for you: get married and if you find a good wife you will be happy forever, if not you will become a philosopher" - Socrates.
Shifter
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2004, 08:02:02 PM »

I've seen all sorts of specuation regarding that date.

I doubt it's Halo 3 but my guess is some kind of announcement, maybe Bungie's new game, or some downloadable content for Halo 2.
Jancelot
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 08:13:53 PM »

From watching the SE DVD there definitely was material cut from the campaign.  And, while they didn't specifically say so, it does feel like the ending was cut short.  If they are just working on the levels and no new features for Halo 2 pt.2 (2.5, 3, whatever) then it would make sense that they could get it to market sooner.

But then we run in to the problem of the multiplay.  Would they include the full multiplay features and charge full price for it?  Would it just be single-player only and discounted?  If they do include multiplay I'm sure they'd have sense enough to make it compatible with Halo 2 pt.1.  

Anyway, interesting idea indeed.  But we also know that MS will sacrifice small children to have a Halo title for the XBox Next launch.  So it makes me think that they would most likely be concentrating on that title.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 08:21:52 PM »

Bunge will announce that they will be working with Rare to develop their next game.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If you're not awake enough to realize our country is being taken down by an organized effort from a puppet chimp being controlled by a movement older than me.  Wake the freaking fack up.
yeyeman9
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2004, 08:24:42 PM »

I have heard they have been working with Rare for the past 2 years....working on Halo 3 that is.

~Gamers are born to play~

"I have a suggestion for you: get married and if you find a good wife you will be happy forever, if not you will become a philosopher" - Socrates.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2004, 08:53:36 PM »

I have yet to see a screenshot of this "Coming February 9" deal...
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2004, 08:54:48 PM »

My theory is Halo 3, for the xbox 2 launch in fall of '05.
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2004, 09:03:25 PM »

There was an article earlier about the soundtrack thing.  Vol. 1 is the music from the game.  Vol. 2 is also Halo music but with a bunch of special guests.  Its similar to a "Music Inspired by Halo 2" kind of thing.

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2004, 09:03:50 PM »

Quote from: "yeyeman9"
Also, I saw a post of a guy that worked for Microsoft or something of that sort and couldn't give more information but he knows a guy that beta tested and even contributed to Halo 2 and he said that Halo 3 might come out sooner than what everyone thinks.
I am in love with this sentence.  It is perfection.
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2004, 09:38:25 PM »

Quote from: "Jeff Jones"
My theory is Halo 3, for the xbox 2 launch in fall of '05.

Umm... who exactly is Rare?  As far as, Bungie will just give Rare the Franchise?  Ballsy if true.  I guess Halo 3 is pretty likely now and if so, I would expect it with Xbox 2 as well... I mean what better can microsoft  do to get people to buy the new console?  Except for the Xbox being able to make Ramen Noodles too...?
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2004, 10:02:22 PM »

It could just be an announcement of what exactly this Phoenix game is that everyone was buzzing about not too long ago.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Dinkytoy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2004, 10:04:16 PM »

When they come out with Super Halo Sunshine maybe Ill get an xbox.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2004, 11:05:39 PM »

Geez, first Kill Bill and now this ...

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Jancelot

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2004, 11:15:46 PM »

Quote from: "kathode"
Quote from: "yeyeman9"
Also, I saw a post of a guy that worked for Microsoft or something of that sort and couldn't give more information but he knows a guy that beta tested and even contributed to Halo 2 and he said that Halo 3 might come out sooner than what everyone thinks.
I am in love with this sentence.  It is perfection.

:lol:
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: