http://gamingtrend.com
April 23, 2014, 08:15:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halo 3 discs come pre scratched  (Read 2738 times)
PeteRock
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2007, 08:58:50 PM »

I finally received my collector's edition in the mail, and both discs are scratched all to hell.  Because I ordered from BestBuy.com, am I amble to exchange the game at a Best Buy store, or must I send the game back to BestBuy.com for an exchange?  Because that will definitely suck.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2007, 09:13:45 PM »

Looks like you can go to a store:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=page&contentId=1043363607042&id=cat12098

You may return merchandise to a Best Buy store within the U.S. or by mail to our return center. All returns must be made in original condition and include all accessories.

If you return a damaged, defective or incorrect item by mail or to a Best Buy store, you will receive a credit. You may then choose to purchase a replacement item in the store or online. To make sure the store has your product in stock, call Customer Care at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289).
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2007, 10:02:12 PM »

I'll stop by after work, and if they don't have any more copies, I was planning to grab a number of DVDs, anyway, so I can use the credit toward DVDs and then grab a copy of Halo 3 at my local Target (they have the limited edition in stock).  What a bloody nightmare.  All for a damn video game.

Brendan

two oh sickness

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2007, 10:12:07 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on September 27, 2007, 10:02:12 PM

All for a damn video game.

It's more than a video game, Pete.  It'll change your life...

Wait.

I'm not a marketer.

Not sure what came over me there.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2007, 04:35:23 AM »

Quote from: Brendan on September 27, 2007, 10:12:07 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on September 27, 2007, 10:02:12 PM

All for a damn video game.

It's more than a video game, Pete.  It'll change your life...

Wait.

I'm not a marketer.

Not sure what came over me there.

the virus is spreading.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2007, 05:23:22 AM »

FWIW, I haven't heard of many copies of the game not playing because of the scratches.  So if you can't exchange in store it would be worth booting up and seeing if they work and, if so, use the MS disc replacement plan at your leisure.  That's what I plan on doing. 
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2007, 05:36:51 AM »

Stopped by Best Buy on my way home, and before I could even explain why I was exchanging the game, the gentleman behind the counter was already having an employee grab the most recent shipment of Limited Editions from the back room, and we one-by-one rocked each and every Limited Edition case back and forth until we found one that didn't sound like it had loose discs inside.  He then wouldn't let me leave until we verified that the discs inside were not scratched to make sure that I didn't have to come back again.

He was very helpful, the exchange process was absolutely painless, and I now have a pristine copy of the Limited Edition.  Finally.   icon_biggrin

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2007, 05:41:59 PM »

Well my experience with Best Buy was not quite as pleasant.  Since I ordered it online with the deal to buy Halo 3 and get 1600 marketplace points for $4.99 I am unable to return or exchange my game without them also charging me full price for the points.  That was the only reason I ordered this damn thing online and I wouldn't have bought the points if they weren't $15 cheaper than normal.  The service desk guy in the store was not helpful, and the non-English speaker on their hotline was even less so.  All I want is a copy of the game without a metal case that's all dented and discs all scratched, but that is apparently too freaking difficult.  Fuck Best Buy. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2007, 07:01:13 PM »

Fuck Best Buy.

Ahh another convert to the cause. Welcome brother smile

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
kathode

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2007, 08:24:30 PM »

Quote from: Kevin Grey on September 28, 2007, 05:23:22 AM

FWIW, I haven't heard of many copies of the game not playing because of the scratches.  So if you can't exchange in store it would be worth booting up and seeing if they work and, if so, use the MS disc replacement plan at your leisure.  That's what I plan on doing. 

This is true.  My boss got one that was scratched up to a degree that caused us to laugh out loud, but we popped it in and it played fine and has been since.  I would be pretty pissed off if my case was dented though.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2007, 10:12:16 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on September 29, 2007, 05:41:59 PM

Well my experience with Best Buy was not quite as pleasant.  Since I ordered it online with the deal to buy Halo 3 and get 1600 marketplace points for $4.99 I am unable to return or exchange my game without them also charging me full price for the points.  That was the only reason I ordered this damn thing online and I wouldn't have bought the points if they weren't $15 cheaper than normal.  The service desk guy in the store was not helpful, and the non-English speaker on their hotline was even less so.  All I want is a copy of the game without a metal case that's all dented and discs all scratched, but that is apparently too freaking difficult.  Fuck Best Buy. 

I ordered it online with the same deal and didn't have this problem.  Unfortunately there seems to be little consistancy with Best Buys across the country.  I didn't even have to show my online receipt.  They took the game, found me an unscratched copy, and I was on my way.  Sorry to hear about your troubles. 

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2007, 03:50:52 AM »

Maybe I'll try just going in there without a receipt and see what they say.  I can live with mildly scratched discs that still work fine (and I can get them replaced free from MS when I'm done playing), but as kathode said, having my brand new case all dented up on both sides was the icing the broke the camels cake. 

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: