http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 09:56:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halo 2 - It's ON! (impressions thread)  (Read 17594 times)
Jeff
Special Project Group
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2004, 03:40:39 PM »

Midnight tonight, boys. I thought I'd go ahead and put up a Halo 2 discussion thread.

Who's going at midnight tonight?

Should we organize some Halo 2 Live action? I'm up for some CTF, or whatever it has for game modes on Live.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2004, 03:43:36 PM »

OUT! on Midnight.

IN! on Live with you guys.

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2004, 05:08:06 PM »

I'll be getting it at midnight. Not planning to play on Xbox Live until I put in some quality time with the single player game.

WOO HOO!

I'M NOT NEARLY AS PUMPED AS IGN TRIED TO MAKE ME BUT I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT SOMEWHAT WITHIN REASON!!!
Siljanus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2004, 05:14:26 PM »

I preordered at an EB that won't be open till 8 in the morning.  Grrrr.  But I'll put my XBox tag up if anyone wants to be my special X Box friend and will be happy to kill various things with everyone Tues evening...or Tues afternoon if I happen to fall ill at work.  :wink:

Let us be thankful we have an occupation to fill. Work hard, increase production, prevent accidents and be happy.

Let us be thankful we have commerce. Buy more. Buy more now. Buy. And be happy.
HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2004, 05:31:04 PM »

I will wait until tommorow.. no game is worth me losing sleep over anymore. Not that anxious, in fact I almost didnt pre-order it. But after the lines of GTA I thought I should.. I will pick it up tommorow night... and probably just look at it for a few minutes as I dig back into RandC UYA

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Mr. Sparkle
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2004, 05:33:22 PM »

Not sure if I'm going to pick it up at midnight...  I preordered it at an EB who will be open...  but I was leaning towards no, but the hype machine is starting to grab me.  The reviews are simply awesome.

Crap...  it's starting to look like I'm not sleeping tonight.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2004, 05:36:29 PM »

Quote from: "rrmorton"

I'M NOT NEARLY AS PUMPED AS IGN TRIED TO MAKE ME BUT I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IT SOMEWHAT WITHIN REASON!!!

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2004, 05:50:06 PM »

Well, I definitely won't be playing it at midnight, since I'll be the one stuck behind the counter hoping I won't be killed and eaten by the rabid folks lined up at the gate.  Then I won't be playing it when I get home, because I have to be back at the store at eight am to play the part of the worm to all the early birds out there.  

I might be online tomorrow night.  Then again, I may just be asleep.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2004, 05:53:41 PM »

I admit that I took tomorrow off and will be picking the game up at midnight.  Its sad and I'm not proud of it frown

Seriously, I though Halo 1 was very, very good but a bit overrated and I have no doubt I'll probably enjoy Halo 2 even more.  There are other games this year I'm more excited about but it is a bit fun to play the hype game on this one.  Plus, I really need to complete the game before I go out of town this weekend so this, along with Veteran's Day, gives me a good shot at doing that.
wankerjr
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2004, 06:01:20 PM »

Quote from: "Chaz"
Well, I definitely won't be playing it at midnight, since I'll be the one stuck behind the counter hoping I won't be killed and eaten by the rabid folks lined up at the gate.  Then I won't be playing it when I get home, because I have to be back at the store at eight am to play the part of the worm to all the early birds out there.  

I might be online tomorrow night.  Then again, I may just be asleep.

I too will be one of the counter jockey's at EB ringing people up tonight then right back at it at 8 am.

Just as a side note, my manager was told during a conference call that Target was going to break street because they have no contratual agreement that prohibits them from doing so. They will be selling it once they get it in. Whether this is true or not is for those who want it before midnight to decide smile

How does this work again?
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2004, 06:35:38 PM »

In at midnight, and glad to be.  Preordered it this weekend at Gamestop.  Depending on roommate, TV, and Ethernet situations, might be on Live as early as 1:30.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2004, 06:47:06 PM »

Where is LE when we need him? :wink:

rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2004, 06:49:47 PM »

LOL, JJ. biggrin

I agree with Hank that this game isn't worth losing sleep over, but I don't go to bed until 2 on a normal night so I may as well walk 4 blocks to Gamestop.
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2004, 06:54:41 PM »

I'll be there before midnight with my folding chair and a six pack.

Took tomorrow and Wednesday off, and I also have Thursday off for Veterans Day.

Taking next Wednesday off for HL2.
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2004, 07:01:01 PM »

I won't be getting it tonight, but I'll pick it up on my lunch break tomorrow and my friend and I are playing coop tomorrow night! smile

This signature is intentional, ie not a mistake.  If you thing Rick Perry should be forced to resign for this crap, you're part of the problem with our country.  Give me a freaking break.
madpeon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2004, 07:15:33 PM »

Fate has been cruel to me.....

WHY O WHY, on this FINE Nov 9th date....

I moved recently and forgot to update my billing address (did my shipping) on my Halo 2 LE order.

Now it 'may or may not' ship out today........ NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I took tommorow off and everything.

Might be IN at midnight if this situation doesnt rectify itself by 4pm (Gamestop's ship time)...

EDIT: God may infact love me after all..... Order Status changed to PROCESSING BABY, woot!
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2004, 07:27:54 PM »

This place around here has a midnight release party...I'm there.

TheMissingLink on PSN
JuniorDan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2004, 07:51:16 PM »

I did not pre order because I did not know I would be buying an xbox.
So now that I have one I will be driving by my EB and Game Rush(blockbuster) with their lines and heading to Walmart who will also be selling it at midnight at a first come first serve basis.
The nice lady said she got two shipments in last week and there are alot of them. biggrin

360 GAMERTAG:Juniordan       ()  ()  ()
Wii: 2834 4528 4246 3222 ()  ()  ()
PS3 Spinks
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2004, 08:11:52 PM »

I'm in!  Can we set one rule for Console Gold games on XBL, though?  NO STORY DISCUSSION right away.  I don't want to have to unplug the mic and not be able to talk to my team if people are going to spoil the story.

Mike

Edit to add: Does anyone mind if a non-CGer joins in?  My brother will be getting the game too, and it would be nice to play on XBL with him and you guys at the same time.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2004, 08:21:56 PM »

Quote from: "pr0ner"
I'm in!  Can we set one rule for Console Gold games on XBL, though?  NO STORY DISCUSSION right away.  I don't want to have to unplug the mic and not be able to talk to my team if people are going to spoil the story.

I agree totally. People who violate this will be attacked by a gang of feral chickens!

Edit to add: Does anyone mind if a non-CGer joins in?  My brother will be getting the game too, and it would be nice to play on XBL with him and you guys at the same time.

I don't mind, as long as you vouch for him. If he turns out to be an ass though, well.. the feral chickens will be coming for you!
depward

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2004, 08:46:10 PM »

I'm going to the midnight release party at Hastings near here.

That being said, I have an exam tomorrow at 9am.  I was going to devote my time today to study for it.  But I've been looking at Halo 2 movies, info, and anything I can about that game.

Halo 2 is the devil.  But I lub it.

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
happydog

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2004, 08:51:42 PM »

My midnight attendance will be determined by my wifes willingness to pick up the game the next day. If she is willing to get it and have it ready and waiting for me I'll be OUT. But, on the other hand, if it is not going to be waiting for me, I'll just have to go hang with what will undoubtedly be young'ns.

LiveTAG: happydog
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2004, 08:57:34 PM »

Quote from: "Jeff Jones"

I don't mind, as long as you vouch for him. If he turns out to be an ass though, well.. the feral chickens will be coming for you!

I can vouch for him.  I'll just give him a gentle reminder to stay in line, too!  And isn't unleashing feral chickens beyond a mod's realm of power?

Mike

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2004, 09:05:19 PM »

Halo 2 is the devil.

No...I'm the Devil!!  :wink:

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2004, 09:06:03 PM »

Well, the collectors edition is sitting in my hands now, waiting to be palyed. Gotta finish up some internet stuff...then aaway we go!!
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2004, 09:09:49 PM »

Quote from: "Rage"
Well, the collectors edition is sitting in my hands now, waiting to be palyed. Gotta finish up some internet stuff...then aaway we go!!

How?  DAMN YOU!   finger

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2004, 09:28:38 PM »

How?  DAMN YOU!   finger

Microsoft's PR always loved me, so even though ZenGamer is on near-permanent hiatus, they keep me on their press mailing list, as do a few other companies. So...the Collectors Edition is in my grubby hands now smile Too bad I need to do some research and spam console gold before I start playing it frown
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2004, 09:37:59 PM »

And isn't unleashing feral chickens beyond a mod's realm of power?

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2004, 09:44:32 PM »

Holy crap, Jeff.  Nice picture.  Really made me laugh.

Mike

Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2004, 09:47:43 PM »

ell oh ell at jeff jones./
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2004, 09:50:10 PM »

Dunno how many of you have heard, but Bungie is doing some MASSIVE stat tracking features on their website for Halo 2 multiplayer.  You have to link your XBox Live handle through Microsoft's .net passport and through Bungie's site, but from what I've been told, it's well worth it if you're a stat fiend.  Bungie's homepage (www.bungie.net) is where to go.

Mike

Pharaoh

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2004, 09:56:16 PM »

I look forward to some Live gaming with you guys tonight!

Good times, good players, and some great multiplayer. We gotta play a Slayer round with just swords. Gotta.

Gamer Tag: Panzergeist
Clanwolfer

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2004, 10:00:11 PM »

Yeah, look me up for live, too.  Gamertag is KeySJU.  Take a look at the XBox tags list in the MP forum if you haven't already.

WalkingFumble

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2004, 10:00:37 PM »

pr0ner, that was my virgin post to spread the wisdom.

XBL: I3L00DFUMBLE  -  132,578     |     PSN: WalkingFumble     |     Nintendo Revolution:  1440 9434 2198 4442
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2004, 10:04:59 PM »

Quote from: "WalkingFumble"
pr0ner, that was my virgin post to spread the wisdom.

Your virgin post to spread the wisdom?  Uh huh.  Your virgin post spread no wisdom.

Edit: WalkingFumble is my brother.  I'm not performing random newb bashing or anything like that.   :twisted:

Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2004, 11:15:19 PM »

Don't know if I'll be on Live or not. I plan to give the singleplayer most of my attention until it's over and more or less not bother with multi until I've finished. Mind you, I should be finished tomorrow evening sometime.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2004, 11:44:02 PM »

Can you believe I have had this game for 3 hours and I am still playing on the internet and playing "just one more" level in RC: Going Commando? WTF is wrong with me?
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2004, 12:07:37 AM »

Can you believe I have had this game for 3 hours and I am still playing on the internet and playing "just one more" level in RC: Going Commando? WTF is wrong with me?

Since I've pretty much dropped EVERYthing for Ratchet & Clank 1, yes, I can believe you. R&C is one of the most well-made (and funnest) games I've ever played on any platform, and I hear Going Commando and UYA are even better.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2004, 01:56:15 AM »

Bah, so much for playing early. I have some family visiting and I don't really have access to my big screen tv upstairs. As much as I want to play, I can't ruin this experience for the first time on my 25 inch basement TV. So, now, I wait until Wednesday when everyone clears out and I can start playing Halo. Expect me online sometime thursday, and with impressions Wednesday smile
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2004, 03:14:26 AM »

I'm leaving my house pretty soon to head to EB Games for the midnight release! (Took off Tuesday! WOOT!)

Jaler is my name on live.

I won't be getting on live until I finish the game so it might be 2 or 3 days before you see me.

I can't wait! Listened to Chapter 12 (the last 4 audio files) from the I Love Bee's radio drama again tonight to get me pumped up! Oh the endings to each of those files is great.

Great how the radio drama is taking place during Master Chief's (Spartan 117) story in the books. Really get's you pumped up and ready to kick some Covenant ass!

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: