http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 08:47:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halo 2 Demo? Rumors  (Read 2003 times)
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« on: July 29, 2004, 01:20:08 PM »

What do you all think about the ilovebees.com thing?  

Teamxbox has an article on the issue here:

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/6404/Halo-2-Single-Player-Demo-on-August-24th

What if OXM actually puts a demo of Halo 2 in the Sept. Issue?  Could that one issue not become the highest selling issue of a video game magazine ever?  

Any thoughts on all this?

Go Gunners...
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 01:47:17 PM »

Well, it'd be easy to do I'd imagine.  The full version will hit at that time so its just a matter of whether they can (or will) divert resources from testing to shore up a demo.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 01:53:37 PM »

I haven't gotten my new OXM yet, but the most recent EGM they were talking about their cover story next month and that they couldn't say what the game was or anything, very secretive.  I would guess this would be the biggest selling OXM ever if a Halo 2 demo was in it.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 01:57:23 PM »

KS, Halo 2 comes out in Nov. right?  This would be 2 months before.  Correct me if I'm wrong smile

Go Gunners...
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 02:09:23 PM »

Ok....I need sugar in my system.  I came into work at 4:15am this morning and my brain no workey.  FABLE, the other game I'm looking forward to, comes out in Sept.  Halo is indeed November 9th, as seen below:

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 03:00:07 PM »

thats ridiculous, who would get that tatoo, that must be a temp
funny though, not to change topics but are you really expecting the demo out on august 24th like that ilovebees thing says?

if you strike me down, i will become more powerful than you can ever imagine.
Fellow

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2004, 03:29:08 PM »

If it does, I sure as hell won't play it. Why? I don't want to spoil the experience that is Halo 2, until D-day. smile

X360 Gamertag: LuckyFellow
PS3: Fellow
Nintendo Wii: 2484 8443 5009 9425
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2004, 03:31:07 PM »

Quote from: "jimmyorr99"
thats ridiculous, who would get that tatoo, that must be a temp
funny though, not to change topics but are you really expecting the demo out on august 24th like that ilovebees thing says?

I'm not expecting it, just wondering what the chances are.  That would be awesome though.  If they released a multiplayer demo in August it would succeed in increasing the hype for the game even more, as long as the demo was in good shape.

Go Gunners...
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2004, 03:53:06 PM »

I'm betting it would be a multiplayer demo in order to not spoil anything on the single-player side.  Pure conjecture though.

jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2004, 06:06:09 PM »

i agree with you, that would be a huge publicity pull, if the game looked good, people would flock to it and its popularity would go up even more.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2004, 03:10:24 AM »

I suspect it won't be a game demo; it will be a hidden easteregg on the disk with more information on the bees storyline... maybe a distress call from the special mission that the site refers to (the one that refers to us having hacked their transmission signals).

A playable demo? I think not. They've got a sexy virgin game and their gonna let us play it 3 months in advance? Not likely. It's going to be something to build on the intensity instead. They want this game to double their Xbox footprint and if they do it right, they might just get what they wanted from christmas.

I really hope Halo2 will not dissapoint. I don't wanna be backtracking through previous levels... unless of course, they let us play the COVENANT INVADING EARTH.... wOOt!!

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Balshazaar
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2004, 02:21:27 PM »

I doubt there will be a demo at all.

Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2004, 02:40:14 PM »

According to the G4TechTV show Pulse, looking at the "ilovebees.com" site indicates that a two-level demo of Halo 2 will be coming out on Aug. 24.

EDIT: Well, I can't say for sure that this is happening, but there is a countdown timer that is counting down to August 24, and this is something that someone translated from the messages on there.  However, there isn't anything that I can say will happen for certain.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2004, 08:18:58 AM »

Quote from: "Graham"
According to the G4TechTV show Pulse, looking at the "ilovebees.com" site indicates that a two-level demo of Halo 2 will be coming out on Aug. 24.

EDIT: Well, I can't say for sure that this is happening, but there is a countdown timer that is counting down to August 24, and this is something that someone translated from the messages on there.  However, there isn't anything that I can say will happen for certain.

Nobody knows; G4 is the same as everyone else. They know SOMETHING is happening Aug 24; they don't know what.

It's a milestone in the games' plotline (or so it would seem) so it's likely an event that may happen on the web, or a hidden module on the OXM disk. I maintain it's unlikely to be a demo slywink

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
jimmyorr99

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2004, 02:56:06 PM »

there still isnt any evidence that someone isnt just hacking the site, and making up some ridiculous deadline or something...

AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2004, 03:08:08 PM »

Well, after reading my latest OXM and looking at that ad I think all it is showing is that they will have a blowout for every game coming before the end of the year.  They don't even hint at any sort of "special demo" or anything in the magazine that I have seen.

Would I be surprised if there was a demo out on Aug. 24th?  Not really.  I think they could conceivably put a multiplayer level (a level that may not be one in the single-player game itself) on an OXM disc and allow people to play over Live to whet their appetite before the November 9th release.

Also remember that Rainbow Six: Black Arrow comes out in August and although Slugfest coined itself as the first game to use Xbox Live 3.0 features, Black Arrow will supposedly be the first one to use it to a great extent.  Halo 2 will use XBL 3.0 as well and August 24th is after the Black Arrow release.

Anyway, conjecture is such a beautiful thing biggrin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: