http://gamingtrend.com
October 01, 2014, 05:03:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halo 2 coop  (Read 1314 times)
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: October 19, 2004, 06:15:56 AM »

I recall seeing that coop will definitely be in Halo 2, but just to make sure, can anyone else confirm?

I happen to have a friend that lives 2 blocks away, we both have Xboxes, and we both will be getting Halo 2.  Did they add in an option for system link coop play this time?
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 06:21:45 AM »

IIRC, in those screenshots that surfaced of the leaked french version there was definitely a "co-op" selection inside the system link menu.

I'd personally hoped for some Live co-op, but will still be having an absolute blast with the system link variety. No real disappointment to me.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 06:27:37 AM »

Thanks, looks like my friends and I will be having some serious coop action when it comes out.  Although I've got a big screen that's perfectly fine for two player split screen, splitting the hardware load can reduce the fps drop that showed up in Halo 1 coop.

Any word on whether it's still just 2 players?  Since it's system link now, they might be able squeeze in more.  I sure would like to fill up a warthog with my friends.

Oh and what's the policy on games that have gone gold, but haven't been released.  Still in Road to gold?
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 06:32:39 AM »

First: This is again, IIRC, but I think the system link co-op is limited to two players for reasons of balance. I personally thought it would have been cool if the game just scaled up the difficulty proportionally with each additional player past two, but I suppose that would have been one of those things that would take a long time to put in the game.

Second: Actually I do think they've been moving the Halo 2 threads over to the RTG boards. I'm sure it'll get shifted as soon as someone notices.

*Edit* Turns out, I'm wrong on the forum question. The Halo threads seem to be remaining in the Console boards. I was remembering all the Half-Life 2 threads in the PC gaming board getting moved. I spend too much time here and get all mixed up.

Loomi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 07:27:48 PM »

Isn't there a way to play Halo 1 over the internet?  Couldn't you use this same program to play Halo 2 coop via Internet?

XBL Gamertag: Loomi 360
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 07:34:02 PM »

Quote from: "Loomi"
Isn't there a way to play Halo 1 over the internet?  Couldn't you use this same program to play Halo 2 coop via Internet?

Yup, that should work.

This signature is not personal, at all.  If any of you honesty feel this POTUS (that was me being restrained by the way) is acting in our best interest...  I've a lot of useless crap to sell you. Wake the heck up.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 03:33:29 AM »

Looks like they dropped the coop via system link mode.  That'a really a shame.

Still, I have a bigscreen TV, so split screen isn't a problem for me.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 08:20:59 AM »

Why would it be in the European release and not the american?

Where did they say they're not including it?

Elenkis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 08:54:39 AM »

It was never in any version.  The "switch to co-op" option in the system-link menu just takes you to split screen mode.

www.giantbomb.com

Go Patriots!
Go Bruins!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: