http://gamingtrend.com
July 31, 2014, 12:15:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halo 2 coop  (Read 1297 times)
Turtle
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: October 19, 2004, 06:15:56 AM »

I recall seeing that coop will definitely be in Halo 2, but just to make sure, can anyone else confirm?

I happen to have a friend that lives 2 blocks away, we both have Xboxes, and we both will be getting Halo 2.  Did they add in an option for system link coop play this time?
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2004, 06:21:45 AM »

IIRC, in those screenshots that surfaced of the leaked french version there was definitely a "co-op" selection inside the system link menu.

I'd personally hoped for some Live co-op, but will still be having an absolute blast with the system link variety. No real disappointment to me.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 06:27:37 AM »

Thanks, looks like my friends and I will be having some serious coop action when it comes out.  Although I've got a big screen that's perfectly fine for two player split screen, splitting the hardware load can reduce the fps drop that showed up in Halo 1 coop.

Any word on whether it's still just 2 players?  Since it's system link now, they might be able squeeze in more.  I sure would like to fill up a warthog with my friends.

Oh and what's the policy on games that have gone gold, but haven't been released.  Still in Road to gold?
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 06:32:39 AM »

First: This is again, IIRC, but I think the system link co-op is limited to two players for reasons of balance. I personally thought it would have been cool if the game just scaled up the difficulty proportionally with each additional player past two, but I suppose that would have been one of those things that would take a long time to put in the game.

Second: Actually I do think they've been moving the Halo 2 threads over to the RTG boards. I'm sure it'll get shifted as soon as someone notices.

*Edit* Turns out, I'm wrong on the forum question. The Halo threads seem to be remaining in the Console boards. I was remembering all the Half-Life 2 threads in the PC gaming board getting moved. I spend too much time here and get all mixed up.

Loomi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 07:27:48 PM »

Isn't there a way to play Halo 1 over the internet?  Couldn't you use this same program to play Halo 2 coop via Internet?

XBL Gamertag: Loomi 360
Eco-Logic
Gaming Trend Member

Gamertag: St0ckBroker

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2004, 07:34:02 PM »

Quote from: "Loomi"
Isn't there a way to play Halo 1 over the internet?  Couldn't you use this same program to play Halo 2 coop via Internet?

Yup, that should work.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 03:33:29 AM »

Looks like they dropped the coop via system link mode.  That'a really a shame.

Still, I have a bigscreen TV, so split screen isn't a problem for me.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 08:20:59 AM »

Why would it be in the European release and not the american?

Where did they say they're not including it?

Elenkis
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 08:54:39 AM »

It was never in any version.  The "switch to co-op" option in the system-link menu just takes you to split screen mode.

www.giantbomb.com

Go Patriots!
Go Bruins!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: