http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 06:26:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halo 2 arrival box shots  (Read 1634 times)
Jancelot
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: November 04, 2004, 08:55:36 PM »

Snatched from OO:

Pics

Drool.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 09:05:40 PM »

edited to protect the children.

AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2004, 09:11:50 PM »

Yeah, I'm sure almost every major store already has their shipment waiting in the back.  I wonder how weak Microsoft will be on the street date.  They broke it for Project Gotham Racing 2 last year, I got mine on the Saturday before release.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 09:18:24 PM »

They're going to hold firm on the release date.  There's too much marketing out there with the 9th on it, and too many stores are doing major midnight madness events.  If they were to launch early, they'd have a lot of retailers pissed off at them.

TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 09:21:01 PM »

I played a guy at ESPN NHL last night who told me he had it...I didn't believe him until about 5 minutes after our game ended he sent me an invite to play Halo 2 with him  :shock:

TheMissingLink on PSN
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2004, 09:28:20 PM »

Over on Gaming-Age at least two people were able to pick it up from Meijer stores (a retailer I'm not familiar with).  Box shots were posted to prove it.  

I agree with Chaz- no way in hell does MS let the streetdate lapse on this one.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2004, 09:31:36 PM »

I assume these are happening at smaller non corporate stores, or from the staff there.

I have two such stores near me, and my copy is reserved there.  They're a friendly sort shop, so hopefully I can convince them to part with a copy.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2004, 09:32:35 PM »

Quote from: "Chaz"
They're going to hold firm on the release date.  There's too much marketing out there with the 9th on it, and too many stores are doing major midnight madness events.  If they were to launch early, they'd have a lot of retailers pissed off at them.

Don't you work for EB?  They must be a bit lax if that's your hand on the game case in the pic slywink

I am also in agreement that they'll hold firm to it, but I've seen weirder things happen before...

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2004, 09:48:58 PM »

Hey, who said that's my hand in the pic?  I certainly didn't say it was.  You can't prove nothin'.

Yeah, I do work for the evil empire.  Word from the top guys is that if any store sells a copy before 12:01 am, November 9, that the entire staff of the store as well as their district manager will be fired immediately.

Of course, who knows how serious he is, but I'm sure not tempting fate.

AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2004, 09:55:04 PM »

Quote from: "Chaz"
Hey, who said that's my hand in the pic?  I certainly didn't say it was.  You can't prove nothin'.

Yeah, I do work for the evil empire.  Word from the top guys is that if any store sells a copy before 12:01 am, November 9, that the entire staff of the store as well as their district manager will be fired immediately.

...until Wal-Mart sells them early, then all bets are off slywink

No one ever said it was your hand, that's why I had the wink.

Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2004, 10:06:29 PM »

Well, just in case it was my hand, and I'm not saying it was, I decided to take the pics down on the off chance that Big Brother's watching.  slywink

Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2004, 12:24:34 AM »

Actually, I think Wal Mart might not considering they'd be going up against Microsoft.  They're both giants, and the subsequent legal wrangling between them could seriously hurt both companys' stock.
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2004, 04:28:10 AM »

Kind of angers me that Meijer broke the date. There's one within 10 minutes of here, and I would have at the very least checked it out had I known.

I'm sure they've stopped selling them by now though, wouldn't you think? Or can someone confirm that they're still selling despite the date?

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2004, 04:59:28 AM »

It doesn't look like the Meijer slip was company wide- only a few stores and they evidently stopped shortly after the offending copies got through (I'm sure the resulting barage of phonecalls tipped them off that something was up).
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2004, 08:01:55 AM »

My local store just let me know that they definitely don't have it yet, but they'll sell it as soon as they get it.  They're literally so small that the corporates don't know about it.

Here's to hoping they get a surprise shipment tomorrow.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: