http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 11:10:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Halo 2.5 on xbox 2...confirmed?!?!?  (Read 1949 times)
yeyeman9
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« on: December 26, 2004, 05:16:51 AM »

Apparently it is indeed what all the fans, including me, have been saying. They cut the story in half to sell the other version to get more money. The important thing is though, that we are getting another Halo and it is for Xbox 2, I hope they actually take the advantages of this console and use them wisely.

Source:http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/7408/Halo-25-and-Xbox-2-The-Bomb/

~Gamers are born to play~

"I have a suggestion for you: get married and if you find a good wife you will be happy forever, if not you will become a philosopher" - Socrates.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 03:16:17 PM »

I've heard this rumor since the day Halo 2 was launched, but its impossible to confirm.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 03:52:59 PM »

I'm still very skeptical until I see something official.  

Personally, I think its a mistake on some levels.  By having Halo 2.5 for launch, MS is really projecting the idea that Xbox [is] Halo, to the potential detriment of of other titles.  Going into Xbox 2, Halo is arguably the only franchise on Xbox guaranteed megasales.  Other potential franchises- PGR, Amped, Crimson Skies, Brute Force- either had lower than expected sales or significant dropoffs in their sequels.  MS would be better off, IMO, with a roster of really high quality original titles with franchise potential for Xbox 2 launch instead of a half-assed Halo 2 psuedo-sequel.  If they can't have Halo 3 ready (understandable) then let anticipation continue to build and forgo Halo 2.5.  Every sale for Halo 2.5 is a potential lost sale to another launch title and potential franchise.  

I also think its a bit of a slap in the face to the 4 million+ who have already purchased Halo 2.  After the midnight madness, collectors editons, et al, only now can consumers own the true Halo 2?
Mystic95Z

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2004, 04:00:45 PM »

What I read also said that if you got the XBox2 with the optional HD, it would have Halo 2.5 preloaded.

-Tony
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2004, 04:16:57 PM »

Quote from: "Mystic95Z"
What I read also said that if you got the XBox2 with the optional HD, it would have Halo 2.5 preloaded.

-Tony

Yeah, that's another mistake in my opinion.  I really hope that MS doesn't go forward with a plan to segment the hardware base.  Companies are going to make their games to reach the widest player base so the likelihood of very many games supporting the harddrive outside of MMORPGs is pretty low.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2004, 04:43:58 PM »

I've also heard it said that there will be a limited run of 1,000 X-Box 2 units sold at launch which will have a special platinum finish, a pre-loaded copy of Halo 2.5, and a prototype isolinear crystalline chip with an embedded copy of Cortana's personality matrix.  It hasn't been confirmed yet, but I believe you can jam the isolinear chip into your skull and get free tips on how to progress through the game.

-Autistic Angel
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2004, 07:10:07 PM »

And I heard for how many years that Halo 1.5 would be multiplayer on Live...  

smile
yeyeman9
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2004, 08:18:08 PM »

Doopri Halo 1.5 was started by the fan. Teamxbox is saying this from a believable source.

"I have a suggestion for you: get married and if you find a good wife you will be happy forever, if not you will become a philosopher" - Socrates.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2004, 12:24:42 AM »

If this were true, it would be two dumb mistakes by Microsoft (splitting Halo 2 in half and having multiple XBox 2s), and I don't see them making either mistake.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
yeyeman9
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2004, 12:53:29 AM »

Actually...splitting halo 2= more money. More than 1 xbox 2 edition= more money. Microsoft= more money.

Meaning they are not mistakes. AND fans might say "ah that sucks, I wont buy any other halo edition because of the crap they just did by spliting it in 2." BS! As soon as fan see how kick-ass looking and awesome Halo 2.5/3 will be, they will be as hyped as they were for Halo 2 and spend as much money as needed. And, they will want to see the ending of the game.

Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2004, 07:49:01 AM »

Quote from: "yeyeman9"
Doopri Halo 1.5 was started by the fan. Teamxbox is saying this from a believable source.

TeamXbox = IGN ... Reliable? Hmm...

They refer to the new OXM (insider rumors)... I'll check the mag tomorrow. Those insider articles are still hit-n-miss, so I'm not sold on this. I dunno. <shrug> My next system may just be a PS3 if the only stuff they have to sell is stuff I've been playing for a year (assuming it comes out in november 2005).

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2004, 09:14:19 AM »

"Actually...splitting halo 2= more money. More than 1 xbox 2 edition= more money. Microsoft= more money.

Meaning they are not mistakes."

While both would earn them money in the short term, I think both would end up costing them in the end.  For Halo, it depends on what is meant by Halo 2.5.  If it just means that it's a continuation of the story with all the new features and graphics expected in a next-gen game, then that would be fine.  If it's more Halo 2 with better graphics, I think it will cause some ill well toward the game and start the XBox 2 off on a sour note.

As for the different XBox 2 versions - In general, the mass market console buyers do not want choices; they want simplicity.  Different XBox 2 versions will only fracture the market, confuse less knowledgeable people, and leave developers unsure about what features they should be supporting.  IMO, if MS intends to make different versions of the XBox 2, they are making a colossal mistake.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2004, 08:34:33 PM »

Well, this rumor certainly sounds more like a fanboy dream than anything else. I have to wonder if Team Xbox's "inside source" is nothing more than an entry-level programmer at Microsoft who overheard and misunderstood a conversation between two people in the Microsoft Games division.

But, even if it is a possibility, I have to agree with Eddie that it's an utter mistake. Forcing people to buy not just a new game, but an entirely new system to see an ending to a game that they already bought would piss off a large cross-section of gamers. Also I don't really think that that many people would really be interested in playing the same game with slightly prettier graphics, and even if they did, what percentage of Halo 2 owners own HDTVs and could benefit from the increased resolution?
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2004, 05:58:41 AM »

Well, as a rumor I would be skeptical.  But it seems that its much more than a rumor now.  Personally, if it is just to drive sales I think its pathetic and a detriment like Grey said.  I would like to think Bungie didn't think of this and it was more  fo a Microsoft demand.  I guess time will be th enaswer.  For now, I will just be happy ith what I got.

On another note, though I don't want to change the thread, what do you think this means in terms of the February 9th deal?  For a while, I thought it would be downloadable content including the reminder of the story.
Andrew Mallon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2004, 05:54:03 PM »

Well, as a rumor I would be skeptical. But it seems that its much more than a rumor now.

How is it more than a rumor? One fan site, quoting unnamed sources, makes it legit?
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2004, 01:42:32 AM »

well because more and more legitimate sources are mentioning the multiple Xboxes

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2004, 01:54:05 AM »

i think they were speakin more of halo 2.5 than the possibility of a HD / non HD Xbox choice
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: